Samsung i907 Epix Windows Mobile 6.5 28008

Search This thread

TravisN

Jul 24, 2009
Chicago
GREAT job trashcan! w00t!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Not to seem ungrateful, I'm really excited, but I thought I would compile some of the issues I've found so far, I know some posts have already identified them, but I made a list!

• some of the ring tones are corrupt (ring-standard .wma) for instance
  • when enabling pin lock (required by exchange), the first few times the lock screen comes up it pretty much freezes the phone
  • graphics buffer corruption where the mouse pointer is
  • with the high-dpi fix, IE won't start
  • camera application reports missing dependency
  • I've noticed connectivity issues - upon boot, everything works, but then the network connection dies and I have to reboot
  • right after flashing the phone it took about 5 minutes stuck on the orange Windows screen and wouldn't respond to anything, I don't know if this is normal for 6.5 or just because the rom is running a little slow, but hopefully everyone who is gonna flash will read this and know to expect it
I can confirm everything maillota states in his post. In addition, I'm noticing a similar dependency issue with viewing pictures from the "Today" application, so something's up with the picture viewer in addtion to the camera.

I have to say, I'm a but underwhelmed with WM 6.5 in general and I starting to think I'll stick with this Epix (a loaner) instead of getting a fancy new WM 6.5 phone like an HTC Touch Diamond 2. But this is much better than 6.1. At least now the touchscreen can be used (mostly) without a stylus and the interface doesn't look like 1985.

Thanks so much for your hard work on this, trashcan! Its very much appreciated.

TravisN

Jul 24, 2009
Chicago
I downloaded the program to flash and it looks pretty straight froward. But I would like to confirm the steps before I do it and brick my phone. I see you have to select a profile, then it will let you select the image. Select the image in PDA, and then do I leave the others blank? Also after that I'm kind of lost a bit... :confused: Sorry I'm a n00b on this. I've done the older Cingular 8525 and the Blackjack but that be about it.
That's pretty much it. I would also be sure I to un-check "Format large..." (I forget the rest). So the process (for me at least) was as follows:

1. I first updated my Epix to ID1
2. Configued a sync partnership with the Epix and ActiveSync (not sure if this is mandatory or not)
2. I installed Grand Prix 1.9.2 (XP). I hear that the Vista version works OK.
3. Connected the Epix. ActiveSync kicks in.
4. Fired up Grand Prix. Set the image to LX. Set PDA to the .bin file. Clicked "Detect"
5. Rebooted the phone
6. Grand Prix detects the phone when it starts to boot. You can then click "upload" and watch the magic progress bar go from left to right....

You're done in about 15 minutes. The phone will reboot and you will see orange. At this point you can disconnect the Epix if you want. Grand Prix will complain, but its no longer connected anyhow. As maillot stated in an earlier post, the initial boot does take a while. Eventually, you will get to the set up windows screen and all should be well.

Hope this helps....

lttung

Dec 28, 2006
That's pretty much it. I would also be sure I to un-check "Format large..." (I forget the rest). So the process (for me at least) was as follows:

1. I first updated my Epix to ID1
2. Configued a sync partnership with the Epix and ActiveSync (not sure if this is mandatory or not)
2. I installed Grand Prix 1.9.2 (XP). I hear that the Vista version works OK.
3. Connected the Epix. ActiveSync kicks in.
4. Fired up Grand Prix. Set the image to LX. Set PDA to the .bin file. Clicked "Detect"
5. Rebooted the phone
6. Grand Prix detects the phone when it starts to boot. You can then click "upload" and watch the magic progress bar go from left to right....

You're done in about 15 minutes. The phone will reboot and you will see orange. At this point you can disconnect the Epix if you want. Grand Prix will complain, but its no longer connected anyhow. As maillot stated in an earlier post, the initial boot does take a while. Eventually, you will get to the set up windows screen and all should be well.

Hope this helps....

Can't update. Reboot phone start window. :(

BWheezy

Oct 11, 2008
Downloading new one now, thanks again to trashcan!
Edit: so far so good, buttons work, IE still doesn't work with the VGA patch installed though, also I'm not getting the mouse cursor graphics problem anymore, IE not working is about the only issue I have, and frankly I could care less because I use Opera

Last edited:

lttung

Dec 28, 2006
Pls help me to uprom. My error:

53389068.jpg

krazyphire

Jun 20, 2008
Just installed WM 6.5 and I'm very impressed! Thank You very much Trashcan! Feels like we're finally on an even playing field with the i780. No issues seen so far except for the mouse issue. Its fine though because WM 6.5 is very scroll friendly which 6.1 wasn't which is the only reason I used the mouse. The front feels blackjack 2-esque 6.1 which I love!

XA Hydra

Jul 22, 2009
MMS messaging working with the 6.5 rom? Mouse cursor working? ( I've seen conflicting reports that the issues are gone, and that the issues remain) It seems like most everything else is... I have been really looking forward to that in the 6.1 rom but I may just go with this if its as awesome as people are saying

Last edited: