Samsung Insights discussion

Jehutiy

Apr 28, 2011
Do you guys know how long it typically is between the demographic survey and actually getting selected, if you were to be selected that is. Trying to figure out if it is possible to capitalize on all the trade in offers and what not.

iMogul

Aug 27, 2007
Chicago
Do you guys know how long it typically is between the demographic survey and actually getting selected, if you were to be selected that is. Trying to figure out if it is possible to capitalize on all the trade in offers and what not.
Trade in + insights are usually a bad deal unless you are getting high value for an older phone. You are better off selling the trade in phone outside to make your cost considerably less. The insights is 50% off after the trade in value, so you aren't saving much.

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Be watching your emails guys! I just got my code, ordered, using the note 20 ultra as a trade in (700$), got my freebies, cost of phone was already half of with the trade (512gb), then I got half off of that for a whopping 340$ owed! For those in the study with the note that did the video call, I was told I was forgiven for the remainder of the year. got an update to the Insights app which allowed me to uninstall it and now this junk phone can go back to Samsung! Keep watching!

Reactions: starterdc

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Wait, does that mean if one doesn't get an email today then they weren't selected?
No, I'm sure they sent them out in small batches like always. Just keep an eye out over the weekend. I had until the 18th at 11:59pm to order, so I'm sure they're coming in waves. Idk what time zone they're coming from and they may have just sent a couple out before ending for the day.

MMakoto

Oct 24, 2011
No, I'm sure they sent them out in small batches like always. Just keep an eye out over the weekend. I had until the 18th at 11:59pm to order, so I'm sure they're coming in waves. Idk what time zone they're coming from and they may have just sent a couple out before ending for the day.
I think you got dibs for doing that video interview. I'm glad you were able to choose the higher storage option, hoping others getting a code would be the same.

Btw, what kinda issue were you having for the note 20U?

Reactions: pre4speed

SeanK_

Jan 12, 2013
Wait, does that mean if one doesn't get an email today then they weren't selected?
Did you pick unlocked or T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon on the survey?

If you guys get an invite, share which model and if it's unlocked or carrier locked option if you picked on the survey.

*Edit*
Clarifying

Last edited:

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
I think you got dibs for doing that video interview. I'm glad you were able to choose the higher storage option, hoping others getting a code would be the same.

Btw, what kinda issue were you having for the note 20U?
I may have been one of the first for that video call. I'm sure the codes will be going out over the weekend.

The note has had random reboots out of the box, battery life is terrible. I use accessibility settings daily, and when Android 11 came, it crashed the settings. Phone was nearly unusable. I tried insights to help me, they sent me 2 codes that didn't work so I could reset it and send for warranty. OK, fine, I got an ODIN file and reinstalled. Set everything up. Accessibility settings work! YAY! No, random reboots still daily, and now do not disturb only silences alarms instead of all sounds so I would have missed my alarms had I not noticed it on my day off. I'm just so disgusted with this phone, I'll be glad to be rid of it.

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Did you pick unlocked or T Mobile, AT&T or Verizon?

If you guys get an invite, share which model and if it's unlocked or carrier locked.
Unlocked, 512, titanium with the new buds pro, the flat single wireless charger (still have the dual stand one at home, going to give the flat as a gift or maybe use it at work) and a cheapie case til release and more options come out for it. No spen, no need for it, I don't even use it on the note.