Samsung Insights discussion

AmazingZ

Dec 11, 2015
How do they calculate the final price when combine trade in? Let’s say the s21u is 1200, my trade in device worth 250. Is it like 1200-250=950/2=475 or 1200/2=600-250=350?

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
Seems like most codes going out are the Ultra variant.

Just a reminder for most, it's probably not worth trading in your device when using the 50% off code.

Also, don't forget to check out reddit post on potential referral or cash back discounts to combine with the 50% insight program: https://redd.it/iyc4kh

frr1

Sep 1, 2010
Seems like most codes going out are the Ultra variant.

Just a reminder for most, it's probably not worth trading in your device when using the 50% off code.

Also, don't forget to check out reddit post on potential referral or cash back discounts to combine with the 50% insight program: https://redd.it/iyc4kh
did you get the code? I’m still waiting I hope there is more waves for the ultra codes

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
did you get the code? I’m still waiting I hope there is more waves for the ultra codes
I haven't. I referred 3 of my own emails, but 2 of them are already in a study (Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and Galaxy Z Flip); forgot which email I requested the Ultra, S20+ or S20. Even if I get in on one of them, I might have think through it since the S21 doesn't seem to appealing besides with the huge pre-order bonuses...

Really sad to see that the S21 doesn't have MST, though I know most places are starting to go with NFC for payments.

metroslasher

Jan 17, 2021
If anyone got their 50% off codes here and decided to not buy it, please can I get it? Its my first samsung phone ever and I really want to purchase it. I can use your referral codes and rakuten link if you want. Thanks!

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
I got approved with a code in the S7 Tab on 1/14/21. Can I still be accepted in the S21 survey ? Even if i'm not im happy with the S7 Tab.
You should be able to be in both studies as it's separate study/devices. It's only when your already in a phone study, you won't be eligible for another phone study until your 1 year is up.

Reactions: starterdc

rbgrbg

Dec 9, 2008
If anyone got their 50% off codes here and decided to not buy it, please can I get it? Its my first samsung phone ever and I really want to purchase it. I can use your referral codes and rakuten link if you want. Thanks!
That's not how this works. If someone doesn't use their code it gets recycled to someone else by Samsung. People are not supposed to give their code away to random people. Only people in the Insights program are supposed to use the code and those people are chosen by Samsung. Samsung has specific demographic ranges and usage combinations they need to meet to get the feedback they want. You can't just use the code because you want a discount when you haven't been chosen by Samsung and aren't participating in the program.

Reactions: jkxs and pre4speed

metroslasher

Jan 17, 2021
That's not how this works. If someone doesn't use their code it gets recycled to someone else by Samsung. People are not supposed to give their code away to random people. Only people in the Insights program are supposed to use the code and those people are chosen by Samsung. Samsung has specific demographic ranges and usage combinations they need to meet to get the feedback they want. You can't just use the code because you want a discount when you haven't been chosen by Samsung and aren't participating in the program.
Oh, because I saw on reddit that they already preordered and if they got that 50% off, they will just give it to their friends/relatives. And it says to the email that you can ship it to your relatives if youre not from US

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
I'm scared to try to extra 10% off trick. I know it worked for the note study, but if this thread is to be believed, I was one of the first to get the S21 code? I should just be happy I got the phone for 400$, huh. Lol

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
I'm scared to try to extra 10% off trick. I know it worked for the note study, but if this thread is to be believed, I was one of the first to get the S21 code? I should just be happy I got the phone for 400$, huh. Lol
Any time you cancel the order, the 50% coupon will reactivate. Just don't send the Insight team your order right away if you plan on trying the cancellation trick.

AmazingZ

Dec 11, 2015
Yes, they will charge the amount given on the trade to the payment method you, choose, to pay with.
What if I pay with a virtual credit card or paypal key? how are they able to charge it?
I heard that the cancel trick only works on a new account or an account that never bought any item before. But still very YMMV or maybe chat to ask for 10% off.

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
What if I pay with a virtual credit card or paypal key? how are they able to charge it?

I heard that the cancel trick only works on a new account or an account that never bought any item before. But still very YMMV or maybe chat to ask for 10% off.
It did work with my note, but idk since I was one of the first codes lol. Idk how the amount owed would work if you pay those ways.

DeathlessOne

May 2, 2011
US
Yeah, I believe that the referral discount is for new accounts and first purchase only, but the cancellation trick can be used on an old account/multiple orders. I've always had it work for me, but it seems like Samsung has caught on lately and it doesn't work on any of my orders and gets straight up cancelled. Even for new accounts. The only success I've had (and also the safest if you're worried about cancellation) is to talk to a rep AFTER the order has shipped and when you're in the return period.

One of my friends called them up to get the discount, and the rep straight up told him to cancel the order lol, but my other friend received it for his S20 FE after it got shipped. Seems to vary between reps and very YMMV. To increase the chance of a discount, I'd recommend doing it after receiving the shipment. Also the guy who got his discount said to the rep that he wanted to return since he found it cheaper somewhere else (the same reason some of us used to select on the website), and the rep wanted a link to the item to verify it lol (done via chat). My friend was caught off guard, and he gave them a link from Amazon which was cheaper (but it was an international model). The rep recognized that and said that both of them are different models, but my friend still pushed to return and he got the discount after the rep consulted his superior or whatever. So what I'm trying to say is that Samsung seems to have caught on and the 10% discount itself became a huge YMMV, so I try to not to add it to my math when purchasing.

EDIT: And oh, I am not on any N20 program, so I did not do any video interviews to get my code for the S21 Ultra. The last time I was on the program was for my S10+ lol. So, the codes are definitely going out for newcomers and old users alike would be my guess.

Reactions: jkxs and pre4speed