Samsung Insights discussion

Search This thread

SeanK_

Jan 12, 2013
It seems they are manually sending out emails to selected people, and putting others in maybe a ranked waiting list. If the people they emailed don't use their codes, they will send the codes to others on the list. Seeing as the last batch of codes expired yesterday, they should've sent more codes out today unless that's all done with.
Last day for the survey was Thursday at 11:59pm EST 1/21 for their second rounds it seems.

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
I got a code today on one of my parent's email. However, that emails already in the Note 20 Ultra study... That's interesting; not going to say no to half off.

I'll sell the S21 I ordered already with $800 trade-in for the iPhone 12 mini on T-Mobile... Not much issues there.

This new code expires 1/24/21; received email at 3:39PM PST.

sjh_2020

Jan 19, 2021
I got a code today on one of my parent's email. However, that emails already in the Note 20 Ultra study... That's interesting; not going to say no to half off.

I'll sell the S21 I ordered already with $800 trade-in for the iPhone 12 mini on T-Mobile... Not much issues there.

This new code expires 1/24/21; received email at 3:39PM PST.

Nice. Any idea what type of criteria they use for selecting based on the diversity survey?

rsbuttar

Jan 11, 2021
If I was referred by somebody in the program, was I supposed to receive a survey or do they just send a code? not sure how this works since it was my first time trying to be a part of the program and I would rather just go ahead and place the order if a survey was supposed to be completed.

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
Nice. Any idea what type of criteria they use for selecting based on the diversity survey?

No idea honestly..

If I was referred by somebody in the program, was I supposed to receive a survey or do they just send a code? not sure how this works since it was my first time trying to be a part of the program and I would rather just go ahead and place the order if a survey was supposed to be completed.
You should have received a survey if they referred you. If you didn't get a survey, don't bother waiting any longer.

Is anyone else in the same scenario as me where the same email/user is in two concurrent study (Note 20 and S21)? Think I saw one earlier...

Reactions: rsbuttar

rsbuttar

Jan 11, 2021
No idea honestly..

You should have received a survey if they referred you. If you didn't get a survey, don't bother waiting any longer.

Is anyone else in the same scenario as me where the same email/user is in two concurrent study (Note 20 and S21)? Think I saw one earlier...
Thank you for the heads up, might as well make use of the Rakuten 10% offer while I possible then.

rsbuttar

Jan 11, 2021
Yup, heard the 10% rakuten is ending tomorrow... and don't forget about other potential discounts listed in this reddit post: https://redd.it/iyc4kh
Of course, thats all ready to go. Plan on ordering the phone tonight then monday submitting replacement request with carrier for trade in eligible device since apparently a crack on the camera lens doesnt qualify for cracked screen trade in with Samsung.

sjh_2020

Jan 19, 2021
Has anyone ever gotten a code during the weekend?

I got one today (Sunday). Got it at noon and was expiring in 12 hrs (midnight). It's a bit weird - I'm guessing the system delayed the email because I got multiple mails with the same code, where the first one had programming variables left in it. Only the last one had all the text formatted correctly.

Reactions: jkxs

mrcaptain23

Nov 15, 2017
Anyone get response from Samsung insights email yet for deactivation? Code they sent last week was invalid (monday) and I wrote back and had follow up email. Still no response.

BobZhee

Jan 17, 2021
I'm guessing I'm not getting in at this point! :(

I feel your pain. I don't think I am getting one either.

Anyone get response from Samsung insights email yet for deactivation? Code they sent last week was invalid (monday) and I wrote back and had follow up email. Still no response.

I received my deactivation code/instructions for my Note 10+ the next day and it worked just fine. Not sure about other model devices.
They probably get slammed with emails of people asking to join, codes, etc. Might need to just keep trying or have a subject line that stands out or something.

cheetablaze

Jul 17, 2007
Goldsboro, NC
I've been waiting 2 weeks for a deactivation code, i'm just going to remove the google/samsung accounts on the phone and then reflash using odin. 99.9% sure as long as it's a stock official firmware it won't trip Knox.

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
I've been waiting 2 weeks for a deactivation code, i'm just going to remove the google/samsung accounts on the phone and then reflash using odin. 99.9% sure as long as it's a stock official firmware it won't trip Knox.
It will. I reflashed via Odin on my Note ultra, it immediately reinstalled the insights app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was in the Samsung Tab 6 insights program for more than a year and I asked them to deactivate it. They pushed an update and I was able to uninstall the "Samsung Device Insights" app, but under Security - I still see these two Device Admin apps, KC Client and Knox Enrollment Service which I cannot deactivate. Is this normal ? I did a factory reset as well.
    The same happened to my z flip as well. I was able to remove both a few days later after applying the latest Knox profile though. I emailed them about it but didn't get any response, so I'm not sure if they pushed something again or it just takes a little longer to remove.
    I've already tried this, multiple times. I emailed Samsung again and they told me the same thing. The knox installer still shows up after a reset and reinstalls the deactivated app. How do I fully remove my device from insights? I assume they haven't removed me from their knox MDM system yet.
    On the same boat with you. They put my S20U on the deactivate profile. This is total BS. They should completely remove the device from their Knox server. Otherwise, the insights app just keeps reinstalling. My wife had the same problem with her tablet, but eventually they did the right thing and removed the device after 100000+ emails. I am done with insights after this. Keep emailing them.
    Any new Insights study coming up?
    Update 9/30/14:
    Samsung Insights emailed me today. They are now limiting members to 2 referrals. I've already sent out way more than that. So, until I hear otherwise from S. I. I will not be giving out any more referrals. Sorry! Good luck to everyone.

Anyone still needing a referral:

- PM me
    - Ask for a referral to Samsung Insights
    - Provide me your email address

I will reply before I go to bed this morning or when I wake up this evening.

Sent to the following: @monkor @Obartuckc @Ramsey @cwhisenhunt @Woogie360 @Ryanmp @Cojam1 @440bro @TTLayland @chamelio @Walter.White @stayley @Delakit @rattarico @davidw8818 @rxv73 @mike.crew @thatpimp007 @ca121213 @b3asty @xfaega @rYz11 @aguadilla50 @Downtownjb @Flounder3883 @drakenjin @nadwa @yogi217 @rsfinsrq @RiPpeR_dUdE @Waynehead69 @Lorenzo04 @nemofbaby2010 @SassyOne @rlmjr1980 @tylercarter
    Here we can keep the ROM threads clear of all the Samsung Insights talk.

Samsung Insights is an application/program that Samsung is using to track how their devices are being used by everyday people in their every day lives.

It is by invite only.

If you are invited and get your device, you are now a potential reference for someone that has attempted to get into the program.

If you have sent Samsung an email and gotten a response asking for a referral name, you come here to this thread and ask for someone that has already been in the program for their name. They will PM you their name. That is all you need.

Please do not put your emails here. We are not sending out referral links or survey links for the insights program.

Edit: I am no longer able to give my name for referrals. Please do not PM me asking for one.
    Im trying to get some insider info on this whole thing , is the insights people really gonna stick to their guns with the 50 % off thing or will they just change it to a free and only did that to weed out the 1,000s of emails they get from people trying to get into the program or is this just for this phone with the 50% and they go back to a free phone with the s10. I also believe that the trade in with the 50% off code may work they just dont want us doing it because why would they specify on that in the email and i saw that someone mentioned they want the receipt emailed to them since they started doing this where you order the phone on Sammys page i never had to email them anything after i used my code so i dont know where thats coming from. Some of you guys might remember and i try and get us as much info as i can anything i get i post right on here so no need to send 15 private messages.
    No one knows for sure until they receive the email, please just be patient. Not to be rude, but you keep asking the same questions. If it was meant to be, it will be! I am in the same boat as you, the wife received a nice new shiny S8 last month, I am hoping to get that coveted note 8 email myself! Good luck!

I already stated the same thing i will give info from my dude when i get it but i refuse to keep answering the same questions over and over again.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Happy Sunday everyone! I contacted Samsung guys (Not Insights) and they replied that they have too many orders for the Note 8. They will be shipping it by Monday according to the rep. Can't wait to get my hands on it. <3?
    Yes thats what i was told shippingwould be monday or Tuesday and phones in hand by Friday. Man i wish every one would read all the posts
    I've sent out several referrals sent I first posted. Going to bed now. Will respond to any I get tonight.

I see a few posts asking for referrals but I haven't gotten a PM from you yet.

Update: Out of referrals !!!!!!!

Sent to the following: @monkor @Obartuckc @Ramsey @cwhisenhunt @Woogie360 @Ryanmp @Cojam1 @440bro @TTLayland @chamelio @Walter.White @stayley @Delakit @rattarico @davidw8818 @rxv73 @mike.crew @thatpimp007 @ca121213 @b3asty @xfaega @rYz11 @aguadilla50 @Downtownjb @Flounder3883 @drakenjin @nadwa @yogi217 @rsfinsrq @RiPpeR_dUdE @Waynehead69 @Lorenzo04
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone