Samsung Insights discussion

Search This thread

power_book

Jul 5, 2013
I got the trade in approval very quickly, within 2 days of acceptance. Keep us posted on how it goes. Btw, why did you not send the s pen? The s21u would work a little better with the newer pens with lower latency.
Just received email saying my trade-in of Note 8 is successful (without) s-pen.

MMakoto

Oct 24, 2011
For me, Trade-In instructions was sent after the delivery of new phone.
I recently ordered the Tab s7+, trading in my Tab s6, and the trade in email with instructions was sent to me right when they have generated the shipping label of the s7+, and it has like around 2 weeks for me to send it in, but FedEx is Memphis is so backed up now, my package was picked up but didn't move for a week, so I'm wondering if the trade in date would be automatically postponed or I need to contact them to do it.

Btw, good to hear that your phone got accepted without the Spen.

power_book

Jul 5, 2013
I recently ordered the Tab s7+, trading in my Tab s6, and the trade in email with instructions was sent to me right when they have generated the shipping label of the s7+, and it has like around 2 weeks for me to send it in, but FedEx is Memphis is so backed up now, my package was picked up but didn't move for a week, so I'm wondering if the trade in date would be automatically postponed or I need to contact them to do it.

Btw, good to hear that your phone got accepted without the Spen.
As long as it is showing in FedEx system, I wouldn't worry about it. Samsung knows there's problem in Texas.

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Since you are trading in your Note 20U, I would assume the trade in date has past. Did it extend by itself or you had to request Samsung to do it?
I haven't received any date the trade has to be received by, so I'm assuming I'll get those instructions when I receive the phone. I did just receive the email with instructions to install/activate the app when I receive the phone.

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
FINALLY! Already using 20% of 512 gb because I won't stream music. If I could count on my signal alway being strong enough to stream, I would but I know better living in the boondocks where there's limited towers. We don't and doubt will anytime soon even have 5G accessible. Nice looking phone tho. I like the textured camera surround. Much better display than the crap note. Photos are a bit saturated, might have to play with settings there. Still setting up the phone, so haven't used it fully yet. Hope ya'll, that were waiting with me also have yours in hand!

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Insights sent me another Tab S7 demo survey today. Guess they really can't find any takers half a year after release.
Well it's an overpriced tiny screen. It tries really hard to be a computer, but there are still many many things in this world that need windows. Android still can't come close to being windows. For my purposes, it's too big. In fact, I have the S6 tab and it's just too big. I just ordered the 8.4 tab a. Perfect size for me and my uses. I'll probably either sell or give the giant one to family.

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
For those that have used an app to remove the insights notification, even with it minimized, what app was that? I've looked back a bit, but I don't recall how long ago it was and my attention span is that of a mouse lol

MMakoto

Oct 24, 2011
For those that have used an app to remove the insights notification, even with it minimized, what app was that? I've looked back a bit, but I don't recall how long ago it was and my attention span is that of a mouse lol
It's called autonotification. I don't use it, but that's what someone said to use looking back a few pages.

Reactions: pre4speed

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Not bad. Better than the crap note 20. This was 69 zoom.

Attachments

• 20210302_232016.jpg
    20210302_232016.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: ljwnow

MMakoto

Oct 24, 2011
Well, just got a random reboot on the S21 now too. Anyone know how to do logs and read them so I can get help finding the rogue app or setting?
I'm having that problem too, a soft reboot that takes less than 10 seconds. Had it on my previous note 10+ as well. For this reason I had requested the insights team to temporarily deactivate knox so that I can do a reset, it helped for a week or so, but I'm back at seeing these random reboots every few days or so, and I feel that it's getting more frequent. If you find a solution, please share.

Reactions: pre4speed

ljwnow

Jul 24, 2007
I'm having that problem too, a soft reboot that takes less than 10 seconds. Had it on my previous note 10+ as well. For this reason I had requested the insights team to temporarily deactivate knox so that I can do a reset, it helped for a week or so, but I'm back at seeing these random reboots every few days or so, and I feel that it's getting more frequent. If you find a solution, please share.
I haven't seen any random reboots yet. Keeping an eye on it. Feels like it's some of your apps.

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
I haven't seen any random reboots yet. Keeping an eye on it. Feels like it's some of your apps.
At this point, I know it's the same. However on the note, when I reinstalled the OS, I didn't use any backup and it still continued to random reboot, so I'm thinking it was a setting since it's now continued on the S21. I wonder if the force dark mode has anything to do with it, forcing apps that aren't made for dark mode making it "stick". But I can't stand all the white backgrounds on apps. There's still some apps that override it, wonder if that's the issue.

MMakoto

Oct 24, 2011
At this point, I know it's the same. However on the note, when I reinstalled the OS, I didn't use any backup and it still continued to random reboot, so I'm thinking it was a setting since it's now continued on the S21. I wonder if the force dark mode has anything to do with it, forcing apps that aren't made for dark mode making it "stick". But I can't stand all the white backgrounds on apps. There's still some apps that override it, wonder if that's the issue.
I transferred everything from the note 10+ to the s21u via smart switch, and it randomly rebooted, so I thought it was some app or setting I did, but since I did a factory reset and set it up as a new phone, it acted the same. If you have any suggestions, we can both test it out and see what helps. I have not seen many posts about our issue, so I guess we're the unlucky ones.

Edit - I did not enable "force dark mode".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was in the Samsung Tab 6 insights program for more than a year and I asked them to deactivate it. They pushed an update and I was able to uninstall the "Samsung Device Insights" app, but under Security - I still see these two Device Admin apps, KC Client and Knox Enrollment Service which I cannot deactivate. Is this normal ? I did a factory reset as well.
    The same happened to my z flip as well. I was able to remove both a few days later after applying the latest Knox profile though. I emailed them about it but didn't get any response, so I'm not sure if they pushed something again or it just takes a little longer to remove.
    I've already tried this, multiple times. I emailed Samsung again and they told me the same thing. The knox installer still shows up after a reset and reinstalls the deactivated app. How do I fully remove my device from insights? I assume they haven't removed me from their knox MDM system yet.
    On the same boat with you. They put my S20U on the deactivate profile. This is total BS. They should completely remove the device from their Knox server. Otherwise, the insights app just keeps reinstalling. My wife had the same problem with her tablet, but eventually they did the right thing and removed the device after 100000+ emails. I am done with insights after this. Keep emailing them.
    Any new Insights study coming up?
    Update 9/30/14:
    Samsung Insights emailed me today. They are now limiting members to 2 referrals. I've already sent out way more than that. So, until I hear otherwise from S. I. I will not be giving out any more referrals. Sorry! Good luck to everyone.

Anyone still needing a referral:

- PM me
    - Ask for a referral to Samsung Insights
    - Provide me your email address

I will reply before I go to bed this morning or when I wake up this evening.

Sent to the following: @monkor @Obartuckc @Ramsey @cwhisenhunt @Woogie360 @Ryanmp @Cojam1 @440bro @TTLayland @chamelio @Walter.White @stayley @Delakit @rattarico @davidw8818 @rxv73 @mike.crew @thatpimp007 @ca121213 @b3asty @xfaega @rYz11 @aguadilla50 @Downtownjb @Flounder3883 @drakenjin @nadwa @yogi217 @rsfinsrq @RiPpeR_dUdE @Waynehead69 @Lorenzo04 @nemofbaby2010 @SassyOne @rlmjr1980 @tylercarter
    Here we can keep the ROM threads clear of all the Samsung Insights talk.

Samsung Insights is an application/program that Samsung is using to track how their devices are being used by everyday people in their every day lives.

It is by invite only.

If you are invited and get your device, you are now a potential reference for someone that has attempted to get into the program.

If you have sent Samsung an email and gotten a response asking for a referral name, you come here to this thread and ask for someone that has already been in the program for their name. They will PM you their name. That is all you need.

Please do not put your emails here. We are not sending out referral links or survey links for the insights program.

Edit: I am no longer able to give my name for referrals. Please do not PM me asking for one.
    Im trying to get some insider info on this whole thing , is the insights people really gonna stick to their guns with the 50 % off thing or will they just change it to a free and only did that to weed out the 1,000s of emails they get from people trying to get into the program or is this just for this phone with the 50% and they go back to a free phone with the s10. I also believe that the trade in with the 50% off code may work they just dont want us doing it because why would they specify on that in the email and i saw that someone mentioned they want the receipt emailed to them since they started doing this where you order the phone on Sammys page i never had to email them anything after i used my code so i dont know where thats coming from. Some of you guys might remember and i try and get us as much info as i can anything i get i post right on here so no need to send 15 private messages.
    No one knows for sure until they receive the email, please just be patient. Not to be rude, but you keep asking the same questions. If it was meant to be, it will be! I am in the same boat as you, the wife received a nice new shiny S8 last month, I am hoping to get that coveted note 8 email myself! Good luck!

I already stated the same thing i will give info from my dude when i get it but i refuse to keep answering the same questions over and over again.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Happy Sunday everyone! I contacted Samsung guys (Not Insights) and they replied that they have too many orders for the Note 8. They will be shipping it by Monday according to the rep. Can't wait to get my hands on it. <3?
    Yes thats what i was told shippingwould be monday or Tuesday and phones in hand by Friday. Man i wish every one would read all the posts
    I've sent out several referrals sent I first posted. Going to bed now. Will respond to any I get tonight.

I see a few posts asking for referrals but I haven't gotten a PM from you yet.

Update: Out of referrals !!!!!!!

Sent to the following: @monkor @Obartuckc @Ramsey @cwhisenhunt @Woogie360 @Ryanmp @Cojam1 @440bro @TTLayland @chamelio @Walter.White @stayley @Delakit @rattarico @davidw8818 @rxv73 @mike.crew @thatpimp007 @ca121213 @b3asty @xfaega @rYz11 @aguadilla50 @Downtownjb @Flounder3883 @drakenjin @nadwa @yogi217 @rsfinsrq @RiPpeR_dUdE @Waynehead69 @Lorenzo04
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone