Samsung Insights discussion

Search This thread

RaphaelHD

• Jan 22, 2020
    On the same boat with you. They put my S20U on the deactivate profile. This is total BS. They should completely remove the device from their Knox server. Otherwise, the insights app just keeps reinstalling. My wife had the same problem with her tablet, but eventually they did the right thing and removed the device after 100000+ emails. I am done with insights after this. Keep emailing them.
    Damn. This is really pissing me off, I am looking to trade in my device and have already extended the deadline to trade it in. The older method to remove insights where they gave you a password to manually deactivate and remove the app, seemed to work fine. This new method of pushing a "deactivation" profile is garbage.

ljwnow

Jul 24, 2007
    Damn. This is really pissing me off, I am looking to trade in my device and have already extended the deadline to trade it in. The older method to remove insights where they gave you a password to manually deactivate and remove the app, seemed to work fine. This new method of pushing a "deactivation" profile is garbage.
    Keep emailing them asking them to completely remove the device from their knox backend, not just a lame "deactivate profile", it is still a profile!!!!! If you see this KC thing in the admin app list, it means your device is still managed by them.

RaphaelHD

• Jan 22, 2020
    Keep emailing them asking them to completely remove the device from their knox backend, not just a lame "deactivate profile", it is still a profile!!!!! If you see this KC thing in the admin app list, it means your device is still managed by them.
    Yeah, I'm aware my device is still in their Knox MDM system. I emailed them a couple hours ago and asked for them to remove/unregister my device from the system. I hope they get their **** together and do it soon.

ljwnow

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah, I'm aware my device is still in their Knox MDM system. I emailed them a couple hours ago and asked for them to remove/unregister my device from the system. I hope they get their **** together and do it soon.
    Any update? Mine is still in their Knox MDM. So lame.

Emailed again today 4/12/2021.

Last edited:

RaphaelHD

• Jan 22, 2020
    Any update? Mine is still in their Knox MDM. So lame.

Emailed again today 4/12/2021.
    Yeah, they finally removed me a couple days ago. It took emailing them three times to get them to finally remove me. I asked them to "remove/unregister my device from their system" and provided my serial and imei again. They got back to me, I applied the profile and it all got removed.

ljwnow

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah, they finally removed me a couple days ago. It took emailing them three times to get them to finally remove me. I asked them to "remove/unregister my device from their system" and provided my serial and imei again. They got back to me, I applied the profile and it all got removed.
    Mine got removed this afternoon finally. Took 4 emails total

Smuckerz

Jun 4, 2013
    I hadn't even thought of it since the deactivated profile got pushed out almost a week ago. But I went and applied the latest profile and it said my device wasn't registered and uninstalled all the KC stuff without having to contact them. In guessing the deactivated profile was necessary to make the Insights program able to be uninstalled at which point they removed it all together on their end. Just my guess though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I've already tried this, multiple times. I emailed Samsung again and they told me the same thing. The knox installer still shows up after a reset and reinstalls the deactivated app. How do I fully remove my device from insights? I assume they haven't removed me from their knox MDM system yet.
      On the same boat with you. They put my S20U on the deactivate profile. This is total BS. They should completely remove the device from their Knox server. Otherwise, the insights app just keeps reinstalling. My wife had the same problem with her tablet, but eventually they did the right thing and removed the device after 100000+ emails. I am done with insights after this. Keep emailing them.
      Any new Insights study coming up?
      Update 9/30/14:
      Samsung Insights emailed me today. They are now limiting members to 2 referrals. I've already sent out way more than that. So, until I hear otherwise from S. I. I will not be giving out any more referrals. Sorry! Good luck to everyone.

Anyone still needing a referral:

- PM me
      - Ask for a referral to Samsung Insights
      - Provide me your email address

I will reply before I go to bed this morning or when I wake up this evening.

Sent to the following: @monkor @Obartuckc @Ramsey @cwhisenhunt @Woogie360 @Ryanmp @Cojam1 @440bro @TTLayland @chamelio @Walter.White @stayley @Delakit @rattarico @davidw8818 @rxv73 @mike.crew @thatpimp007 @ca121213 @b3asty @xfaega @rYz11 @aguadilla50 @Downtownjb @Flounder3883 @drakenjin @nadwa @yogi217 @rsfinsrq @RiPpeR_dUdE @Waynehead69 @Lorenzo04 @nemofbaby2010 @SassyOne @rlmjr1980 @tylercarter
      Here we can keep the ROM threads clear of all the Samsung Insights talk.

Samsung Insights is an application/program that Samsung is using to track how their devices are being used by everyday people in their every day lives.

It is by invite only.

If you are invited and get your device, you are now a potential reference for someone that has attempted to get into the program.

If you have sent Samsung an email and gotten a response asking for a referral name, you come here to this thread and ask for someone that has already been in the program for their name. They will PM you their name. That is all you need.

Please do not put your emails here. We are not sending out referral links or survey links for the insights program.

Edit: I am no longer able to give my name for referrals. Please do not PM me asking for one.
      Im trying to get some insider info on this whole thing , is the insights people really gonna stick to their guns with the 50 % off thing or will they just change it to a free and only did that to weed out the 1,000s of emails they get from people trying to get into the program or is this just for this phone with the 50% and they go back to a free phone with the s10. I also believe that the trade in with the 50% off code may work they just dont want us doing it because why would they specify on that in the email and i saw that someone mentioned they want the receipt emailed to them since they started doing this where you order the phone on Sammys page i never had to email them anything after i used my code so i dont know where thats coming from. Some of you guys might remember and i try and get us as much info as i can anything i get i post right on here so no need to send 15 private messages.
      No one knows for sure until they receive the email, please just be patient. Not to be rude, but you keep asking the same questions. If it was meant to be, it will be! I am in the same boat as you, the wife received a nice new shiny S8 last month, I am hoping to get that coveted note 8 email myself! Good luck!

I already stated the same thing i will give info from my dude when i get it but i refuse to keep answering the same questions over and over again.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Happy Sunday everyone! I contacted Samsung guys (Not Insights) and they replied that they have too many orders for the Note 8. They will be shipping it by Monday according to the rep. Can't wait to get my hands on it. <3?
      Yes thats what i was told shippingwould be monday or Tuesday and phones in hand by Friday. Man i wish every one would read all the posts
      I've sent out several referrals sent I first posted. Going to bed now. Will respond to any I get tonight.

I see a few posts asking for referrals but I haven't gotten a PM from you yet.

Update: Out of referrals !!!!!!!

Sent to the following: @monkor @Obartuckc @Ramsey @cwhisenhunt @Woogie360 @Ryanmp @Cojam1 @440bro @TTLayland @chamelio @Walter.White @stayley @Delakit @rattarico @davidw8818 @rxv73 @mike.crew @thatpimp007 @ca121213 @b3asty @xfaega @rYz11 @aguadilla50 @Downtownjb @Flounder3883 @drakenjin @nadwa @yogi217 @rsfinsrq @RiPpeR_dUdE @Waynehead69 @Lorenzo04
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone