• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Insights discussion

Search This thread

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Anyone ever have an issue with the S21U where the display dies? My son got his phone around the same time as me. His had a dead pixel, so he had insights send it out for repair. He received it back and actually lucked out as they did not automatically reinstall insights nor has he gotten any emails on the lack of info. It was fine last night, he woke up this morning and the display is dead but we can feel vibration feedback. Tried several force restarts, nothing. He tries to go on the computer to send off for repair, the Samsung repair page crashes.

Last edited:

cheetablaze

Jul 17, 2007
Goldsboro, NC
I baby my phone and the sim card tray broke. Just stopped reading everything. Had go drive it 45 minutes to ubreakifixit store. To be told they can't fix it, then Samsung let me mail it to them to be fixed for free. At least they will fix it fast, overnight shipping both ways.

jkxs

Jan 2, 2013
I wonder if the Fold 3 will be offered for insights when it is unveiled on August 11th. Does insights usually wait until after unveiling to send out surveys?

jkxs

Jan 2, 2013
If chosen for insight you get to order the device after the first promotions are over. You don't get the device at launch.
Eh it depends, I think for the note 20 insights Samsung sent out insight codes near the end of the peorder period so people could still get $200 accessory credit on their order. I don't think that was the case with the S21 though and I have never heard of an insight program for the fold 2.

bschai

Apr 9, 2012
Hi,

I want to request for deactivation from samsung insight 3 or 4 weeks earlier so that I can join the next Samsung Insights for Galaxy Fold.

I read that there is the "deactivation" profile that I need to apply on my device. And someone also mentioned about "removing device from their Knox MDM system."

Are these two the same thing? Or I have to request them separately? I want to know what I say to them to completely remove samsung insights from my phone so I can re-sell or trade-in.

Thanks fo the help.

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
I'm trying to figure out that too right... I was able to get the Insight team to push a profile to deactivate my Note 20 Ultra; mentioning to them I wanted to use it as a trade in device for upcoming Z Flip or Z Fold. Under security and biometric setting, device admins, still shows KC and Knox Enrollment active and can't disable...

Edit: emailed and they replied back, told me to apply latest profile again - did the trick to remove all traces of the insight app and admin permissions from them.

Last edited:

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
If chosen for insight you get to order the device after the first promotions are over. You don't get the device at launch.
The note 20 ultra I got at launch, with the promos, as well as S21U but since I got titanium, I didn't receive til middle of March.
Eh it depends, I think for the note 20 insights Samsung sent out insight codes near the end of the peorder period so people could still get $200 accessory credit on their order. I don't think that was the case with the S21 though and I have never heard of an insight program for the fold 2.
I got the credits for both last 2 phones. Got headphones for both, but hate the new ones. Well I love the sound but the shape is horrendous. Several people have tried them with all the tips and they hurt everyone's ears. And yes, we are putting them in the ear correctly lol. I'm gonna sell the trash pro ones.

jkxs

Jan 2, 2013
The price leak for the fold 3 basically confirms there is no chance I can replace my note 8 unless I get selected for insights. Even then, it will be really expensive. If anyone gets their referral email please post so I can try my luck on the survey. If you weren't selected for the Note 20 insights program, maybe you get a better chance for future programs? Oh well.

Reactions: AKNOTTS66

AKNOTTS66

Apr 21, 2014
The price leak for the fold 3 basically confirms there is no chance I can replace my note 8 unless I get selected for insights. Even then, it will be really expensive. If anyone gets their referral email please post so I can try my luck on the survey. If you weren't selected for the Note 20 insights program, maybe you get a better chance for future programs? Oh well.
Yeah If the prices are true the fold and flip aren't for me. The Fold starts at $1800? what?? Wow. Will people really pay these prices? I honestly don't want a folding phone unless its like the Surface phone where it is 2 separate screens even then I don't really want it over a note phone. Maybe I will jump to the pixel phones this year, phones are getting way too expensive.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got done with my insight program with the Note 20 ultra. Man it was pretty damn simple sent them a message last night and by today morning I noticed my phone being weird for a minute. Than I noticed knox update. I see an email follow the instructions get rid of the app and done deal. So I am done waiting to see what I am going to head to not going for the fold models I am thinking I might go Google Pro 6, or maybe S22 Ultra, I am not seeing hope for the Note series since the Folds are selling so well Samsung might not even try well see. Also is it me (I did do an update it was asking for the phone), I feel the damn phone way smoother now.
    Update 9/30/14:
    Samsung Insights emailed me today. They are now limiting members to 2 referrals. I've already sent out way more than that. So, until I hear otherwise from S. I. I will not be giving out any more referrals. Sorry! Good luck to everyone.

Anyone still needing a referral:

- PM me
    - Ask for a referral to Samsung Insights
    - Provide me your email address

I will reply before I go to bed this morning or when I wake up this evening.

Sent to the following: @monkor @Obartuckc @Ramsey @cwhisenhunt @Woogie360 @Ryanmp @Cojam1 @440bro @TTLayland @chamelio @Walter.White @stayley @Delakit @rattarico @davidw8818 @rxv73 @mike.crew @thatpimp007 @ca121213 @b3asty @xfaega @rYz11 @aguadilla50 @Downtownjb @Flounder3883 @drakenjin @nadwa @yogi217 @rsfinsrq @RiPpeR_dUdE @Waynehead69 @Lorenzo04 @nemofbaby2010 @SassyOne @rlmjr1980 @tylercarter
    Here we can keep the ROM threads clear of all the Samsung Insights talk.

Samsung Insights is an application/program that Samsung is using to track how their devices are being used by everyday people in their every day lives.

It is by invite only.

If you are invited and get your device, you are now a potential reference for someone that has attempted to get into the program.

If you have sent Samsung an email and gotten a response asking for a referral name, you come here to this thread and ask for someone that has already been in the program for their name. They will PM you their name. That is all you need.

Please do not put your emails here. We are not sending out referral links or survey links for the insights program.

Edit: I am no longer able to give my name for referrals. Please do not PM me asking for one.
    Im trying to get some insider info on this whole thing , is the insights people really gonna stick to their guns with the 50 % off thing or will they just change it to a free and only did that to weed out the 1,000s of emails they get from people trying to get into the program or is this just for this phone with the 50% and they go back to a free phone with the s10. I also believe that the trade in with the 50% off code may work they just dont want us doing it because why would they specify on that in the email and i saw that someone mentioned they want the receipt emailed to them since they started doing this where you order the phone on Sammys page i never had to email them anything after i used my code so i dont know where thats coming from. Some of you guys might remember and i try and get us as much info as i can anything i get i post right on here so no need to send 15 private messages.
    No one knows for sure until they receive the email, please just be patient. Not to be rude, but you keep asking the same questions. If it was meant to be, it will be! I am in the same boat as you, the wife received a nice new shiny S8 last month, I am hoping to get that coveted note 8 email myself! Good luck!

I already stated the same thing i will give info from my dude when i get it but i refuse to keep answering the same questions over and over again.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Happy Sunday everyone! I contacted Samsung guys (Not Insights) and they replied that they have too many orders for the Note 8. They will be shipping it by Monday according to the rep. Can't wait to get my hands on it. <3?
    Yes thats what i was told shippingwould be monday or Tuesday and phones in hand by Friday. Man i wish every one would read all the posts
    I've sent out several referrals sent I first posted. Going to bed now. Will respond to any I get tonight.

I see a few posts asking for referrals but I haven't gotten a PM from you yet.

Update: Out of referrals !!!!!!!

Sent to the following: @monkor @Obartuckc @Ramsey @cwhisenhunt @Woogie360 @Ryanmp @Cojam1 @440bro @TTLayland @chamelio @Walter.White @stayley @Delakit @rattarico @davidw8818 @rxv73 @mike.crew @thatpimp007 @ca121213 @b3asty @xfaega @rYz11 @aguadilla50 @Downtownjb @Flounder3883 @drakenjin @nadwa @yogi217 @rsfinsrq @RiPpeR_dUdE @Waynehead69 @Lorenzo04