Samsung J120w Custom Roms?

Search This thread

punkrx

Oct 28, 2016
I have rooted my J120w, now im trying to free up some space on its small 8gb internal memory. it seemes that android 6.0.1 is taking up nearly 5gb of the 8, leaving me little room.

i have tried link2sd but it does not want to mount my sd cart after changing to fsmount (sorry if thats not correct)

I am wondering if there are any custom roms that people know will work with this device, i am having a terrible time trying to find something on this forum, or the internet abroad!

thanks for your help in advance.

adamwestca

Aug 5, 2012
I am also keen on obtaining an alternate rom that works on the SM-J120W

Have also searched with no avail. Anyone found anything yet?

Cyanogenmod / Lineage os would be great!

I agree with punkrx the internal storage of this device is not the best and gets filled very quickly. I have had some success with Lucky Patcher which has allowed me to move apps to the SD card that Marshmallow will not allow me to move. Which has helped somewhat.

I have rooted my J120w, now im trying to free up some space on its small 8gb internal memory. it seemes that android 6.0.1 is taking up nearly 5gb of the 8, leaving me little room.

i have tried link2sd but it does not want to mount my sd cart after changing to fsmount (sorry if thats not correct)

I am wondering if there are any custom roms that people know will work with this device, i am having a terrible time trying to find something on this forum, or the internet abroad!

thanks for your help in advance.

gnome9er

Oct 16, 2010
langley
twitter.com
ya i got the same issue.. i play alot of games and find that i can only have like 2 or 3 games on here at once. its full right away! link2sd has worked in the past but its not working for this phone, properly that is. says no mount error? strange. guess ill try obb 2 sd xposed module. still no roms?

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone