Samsung J7 Prime metrocps SM-J727T1 with Bootloop and secure download: enable

simpleyei

Dec 18, 2020
Hi everyone, i came here because i have a issue with my phone and i try some fix and read a lot of forums and i didn't fine a solution, hope you can help me guys!.

Like the tittle says, i have Samsung J7 Prime metrocps SM-J727T1 with Bootloop and secure download: enable.

This was a gift from my brother, and when he gave it to me he reset it to the factory from the phone options. He commented to me that at that moment was when the device entered in bootloop recovery mode automatically with the error "no support single sku supported api 3 dm-verity error failed code 0x02".

I installed the firmware "USA (MetroPCS) TMK J727T1UVS3ARE1 J727T1TMK3ARE1 Android 7.0 Nougat Wednesday, May 23, 2018" via Odin v3.14.4 but i only install the AP because at that time I did not know that I should install the 4 files (ap, bl, cp, csc).and i get 1 error at my phone (i can't remember what was right now). after that i put the device in download mode again and i install all the 4 files from the firmware successfully but getting the same error (no support single sku supported api 3 dm-verity error failed code 0x02).

I tried to root it with CF-AUTO-ROOT WITH THIS ONE
https://desktop.firmware.mobi/device:1690/firmware:16304 and the installation failed, after that i had to remove the battery of my phone because it got stock in download mode. After that i put my phone in download mode again and I don't know if this was like this from the beginning but my download mode looks like this:

ODIN MODE
DOWNLOAD SPEED: FAST
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
FRP LOCK: OFF
Secure Download: Enabled
WARRANTY VOID: 0 (0X0000)
RP SWREV: B:3 K:1 S:1

i tried using an old version of smart switch and the program says unsupported device or something like that when i tried the "Device initialization" method.

The last thing i did was install the firmware "USA (MetroPCS) TMK J727T1UVU3BRH3 J727T1TMK3BRH3 Android 8.1.0 Oreo Monday, September 17, 2018" which was installed correctly according to Odin. now my device does not go into recovery mode directly but stays on the "Samsung J7 prime" logo doing a bootloop and to be able to access in recovery mode I have to do it with the combination of buttons (vol up + home + power button).

Now i got this error:

E:[libfs_mgr] Error creating device mapping: Device or resource busy
E:[libfs_mgr] Couldn't create verity device!
E: Failed setting up dirty target
[omc-permission] fail to mount /system as rwE:[libfs_mgr]Error creating device mapping: Device or resource busy
[omc-sysconfig-permission] fail to mount /system as rwE:[libfs_mgr]Error creating device mapping: Device or resource busy
[hwr_symlink] fail to mount /system as rw

that's all i did guys, hope you can really help me and thanks to all of you in advance.

PD: in the whole process I wipe data / factory reset and wipe cache partition several times

jjgvv

Dec 22, 2018
try this
it use same chipset and same specs so I suppose it works
ask me how to install when needed

simpleyei

Dec 18, 2020
try this
it use same chipset and same specs so I suppose it works
ask me how to install when needed
hi, thank you for answer me, can you help me to install this? what should i do first!?

jjgvv

Dec 22, 2018
If booted into recovery swipe allow modifiactions and Flash this (it is showed for S8 but in fact it supports all devices including yours. this is for preventing auto revert to stock recovery and prohibiting to flash TWRP.)
Then flash magisk here https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v21.2
then aforementioned rom
Reboot
You need snapdragon version of the phone

Last edited:

simpleyei

Dec 18, 2020
Download TWRP here https://dl.twrp.me/j7popltespr/twrp-3.5.0_9-0-j7popltespr.img.tar.html
Steps:
  1. Download Odin v3.13.1
  2. Download and install Samsung Drivers (if you have them installed you can skip this step)
  3. Go to settings/Developer options and enable OEM unlock (If you don't see developer settings, go into Settings/About phone/Software info and tap "Build number" 10 times to show Developer options menu)
  4. Download TWRP_*.tar
  5. Switch off the phone
  6. Use Home+Volume Down+Power to enter Download Mode and connect the device to usb
  7. Open Odin and untick autoreboot in "options" tab. Also make sure that your device is detected
  8. Put TWRP_*.tar.md5 file into AP tab
  9. Click Start
  10. When Odin shows "PASS", take your device in hands, disconnect the usb cable and press simultaneously the "Home" + "Vol. Down" + "Power" buttons until the downoad mode disappears
  11. At the precise moment the screen becomes black, immediately release the "Vol.Down" button and press the "Home" + "Vol. UP" + "Power" buttons during 10 to 15sec to forcefully enter TWRP
  12. If it didn`t worked, redo the steps from #1 more careful this time.
hello jjgvv and Good Morning, yesterday when i write to you, the electrical service on my city got down and i couldn't be here. How can i enable OEM unlock if my phone is in a bootloop? i can only enter in download mode and recovery mode, should i try to install the TWRP without doing this?, thank you so much for your help!

jjgvv

Dec 22, 2018
hello jjgvv and Good Morning, yesterday when i write to you, the electrical service on my city got down and i couldn't be here. How can i enable OEM unlock if my phone is in a bootloop? i can only enter in download mode and recovery mode, should i try to install the TWRP without doing this?, thank you so much for your help!
oic