• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Samsung keyboard disable/ uninstall

Search This thread

amirage

Sep 1, 2010
Dubai
OnePlus Nord N100
Hi all,

Is it safe to uninstall/ disable samsung keyboard via adb? I have moved to Gboard but Samsung's keyboard is notoriously awake for some reason...would disabling the keyboard screw up anything...Is it true that if the keyboard is disabled, I can't input the pin after a reboot?

profi_fahrer

Jul 19, 2016
Wels
Do not disable or uninstall the samsung keyboard if you are using a password as lock screen!

If you reboot your phone (or enter Power-Saving mode) you will need to type your Password. But Gboard can start only after the first unlock and the Samsung-Keyboard will be disabled. That means, you would be locked out of your phone.

The only way would be to connect an physical keyboard over OTG (or of course factory reset)

amirage

Sep 1, 2010
Dubai
OnePlus Nord N100
Do not disable or uninstall the samsung keyboard if you are using a password as lock screen!

If you reboot your phone (or enter Power-Saving mode) you will need to type your Password. But Gboard can start only after the first unlock and the Samsung-Keyboard will be disabled. That means, you would be locked out of your phone.

The only way would be to connect an physical keyboard over OTG (or of course factory reset)
Exactly, this is what I was afraid of...well so much for the thought of removing the sammy keyboard!

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Mate 20 X
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Backup your phone. Install your preferred keyboard. Select it as your default and make sure it's not flagged for battery saving, allowed as a startup app and not blocked from running in the background. Disable the native. Once confirmed all works - freeze the unwanted down/uninstall. Should definitely work.

Reactions: amirage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you uninstall the Samsung keyboard, you will not able to get in the Accessibility Manu.
    Exactly, this is what I was afraid of...well so much for the thought of removing the sammy keyboard!
    I've disabled Samsung keyboard, using SwiftKey and never had an issue with it.
    Backup your phone. Install your preferred keyboard. Select it as your default and make sure it's not flagged for battery saving, allowed as a startup app and not blocked from running in the background. Disable the native. Once confirmed all works - freeze the unwanted down/uninstall. Should definitely work.