• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Samsung keyboard issues after last update

Search This thread

shadowepicfail

Feb 11, 2020
Hello,

Since the android 10 update came my keyboard is auto correcting all the time.
Yes, I know how to disable auto correct and that's not what I'm asking. I need a fix for this as it's software related and I don't want another keyboard to install I want the stock one to work as it should.
My girlfriend and brother both have the same phone and same update and it's working fine for them. Something messed up on my phone and I don't want to factory reset or to re-image the android.
I couldn't find in the apps to remove it or reinstall or stop. I had an Xperia in the past and there I could just remove and install it from the apps. Would you please advise on this one how I could reinstall the Samsung keyboard?
Also not sure if it's update related, the device is performing poorly after it, It's slower and even not responding for 1 second sometimes.
The phone is Samsung galaxy s10+

Thank you for your time and I hope we find a solution here as I googled and couldn't find anything useful except how to disable the auto correct in the keyboard options which is not working for me as explained above.

Best regards,

Darkat70

Dec 1, 2010
Hello,

Since the android 10 update came my keyboard is auto correcting all the time.
Yes, I know how to disable auto correct and that's not what I'm asking. I need a fix for this as it's software related and I don't want another keyboard to install I want the stock one to work as it should.
My girlfriend and brother both have the same phone and same update and it's working fine for them. Something messed up on my phone and I don't want to factory reset or to re-image the android.
I couldn't find in the apps to remove it or reinstall or stop. I had an Xperia in the past and there I could just remove and install it from the apps. Would you please advise on this one how I could reinstall the Samsung keyboard?
Also not sure if it's update related, the device is performing poorly after it, It's slower and even not responding for 1 second sometimes.
The phone is Samsung galaxy s10+

Thank you for your time and I hope we find a solution here as I googled and couldn't find anything useful except how to disable the auto correct in the keyboard options which is not working for me as explained above.

Best regards,
If you can use adb the package is ... com.sec.android.inputmethod

Adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.sec.android.inputmethod

You may want to temporarily install gboard or something before so you have at least a keyboard to use.

Reinstall:-
adb shell cmd package install-existing com.sec.android.inputmethod

Or from apkmirror

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsu...-keyboard/samsung-keyboard-3-5-41-15-release/

I hope this works for you.

Edit: There is a later version on apkmirror but my version is the one above and im running A10 Feb update. I dont know if the later version would install.

Last edited:

Darkat70

Dec 1, 2010
Hey thanks for the reply, I downloaded from that link but it says can't be installed, not sure what it's blocking as I enabled from unknown sources.
I think its because it still thinks it's a system app.

The only other was is the ADB method. If you clear data and cache before removing? Not sure if that's gonna do anything. Im just concerned if uninstalling then reinstalling via existing package will still leave the same problem your having.

Edit: Does it say can't install after you remove the package with ADB?

AmINoS007

Apr 19, 2014
I wanted to install it too from apkmirror but it wouldn't work unfortunately, I don't know why seems like it have to be flashed or something

shadowepicfail

Feb 11, 2020
To add, today was a new update. I updated my android and maybe thought it will fix it. Still the same sadly.
Also I found it in the samsung apps, it had an update so I updated the Samsung keyboard and still the same problem. I also removed all data from it when you go to the options from the keyboard. Also made it back to factory, still the same. Each android phone different problem, getting sick of technology. Sony had plenty of problems too :(