Samsung kitchen?

Search This thread

dglowen23

Jun 7, 2009
spokane
happy to see there is a forum for android rom cooking now. :D but any ways i would like to know if there is any kitchen available for cooking roms, or any hacks for the behold 2. ive done alot of research but no luck. please help me!!!

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
happy to see there is a forum for android rom cooking now. :D but any ways i would like to know if there is any kitchen available for cooking roms, or any hacks for the behold 2. ive done alot of research but no luck. please help me!!!

What format do Samsung Android ROMs use? If it uses the regular update.zip recovery menu method, then give my HTC Android Kitchen a shot.

Apr 13, 2010
you can also flash updates using the sprint flashing tool i have a custom kernel from sdx-developers on mine that lets you use the update zip method from the recovery menu and i think thats been the easiest to do it

Sent from my SPH-M900 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
if i were to try the htc kitchen with my Behold 2, what phone would i choose from? or does it even matter?

Doesn't matter, the kitchen will auto-detect the correct addresses for re-building the kernel. In other places, if it asks you for your device type, just select "other".

But.. all this depends on whether your device's ROM has a boot.img .. I don't know how the Samsung ROM is structured ;-)

realjumy

Nov 18, 2007
Finally LeshaK ported recovery to Samsung i5700, so it can be updated with a .zip... But I don't know if the structure is the same. Do you want a link to a rom to take a look?

BlueDrgBlade

Jan 7, 2011
Mulvane, KS
Well from what i have read you will need the source code and samsung is giving out the 2.1-update-1 source so i figured from that we could setup a kitchen somehow...I am new to this and the forums so i myself would like help setting up a Samsung Kitchen. I know c++/c# and java and i know it takes time and patients to cook them but its something i have always wanted to learn ever sense my HTC Hero.

Thanks ahead of time for any help the dev's here can give :)

six6star

Dec 27, 2009
Chicopee
Well from what i have read you will need the source code and samsung is giving out the 2.1-update-1 source so i figured from that we could setup a kitchen somehow...I am new to this and the forums so i myself would like help setting up a Samsung Kitchen. I know c++/c# and java and i know it takes time and patients to cook them but its something i have always wanted to learn ever sense my HTC Hero.

Thanks ahead of time for any help the dev's here can give :)
I'm new to Samsung phones myself. I started on a G1, did some minor work on a Motorola Backflip & now I'm learning the Samsung Captivate. I rooted it with a simple update.zip flash from the stock recovery. I simply renamed the root.zip from the 1click-root :) I'm interested to find out if I can use my ANDROID Kitchen on the roms for it. Priv. Message me if you make any progress or if I can help.