Samsung Mobile Theme Editor request thread

Search This thread

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
Hello there, I just got a new samsung galaxy S6 and i am totally new to the android OS ( previously only using Apple products). I would like to ask how do you guys make your own themes? I mean besides downloading it from the theme store which is very limited. Sorry for sounding like a total noob here. Thank you in advance.
YOU can use a theme as the base then change it around with something like apktool or tickle my android. Its very easy to do if you understand how to decompile and recompile a apk or if you know how to theme a little. If you have no clue that it will be hard. I use tickle my android that you can find here in xda forums.

kalagas

Dec 25, 2006
Crete
www.foodsafe.gr
OK right now I'm pretty annoyed...
After I published here some screenshots of my 1st partnership request, i have made 2 other partnership request to Samsung and guess what. I got rejected again in BOTH of them.

I have read what someone told me here, about my icons were looking like HTC's Sense. Also I have read and some other guys that told me to change my icons to more flat/material design.

So i did and i made all icons from scratch, all icons from the beginning and i was sure Sammy will accept my request...
But i was totally wrong...

So i will make public again the screenshots of my work that i sent to Sammy in last 2 times cause i need to find out WHY they rejected my Themes...
"Cause i am starting to believe that is personal and they just reject "kalagas" and not the Themes"
Don't ask me why i have started to believe that. Simply cause i can not find ANY [email protected] reason why they reject my Themes...

That's why i am writing this post... Cause i have seen many of the Themes that are in Samsung Theme Store (from Sammobile) and i think mines have no reason not to be in the Theme Store.
So maybe you guys can help me figure out why Samsung reject my Themes...

Form above Screenshots 1st link is my 2nd partnership request and 2nd link is my 3rd partnership request.... Which BOTH were rejected...

*****When you make zoom wait some seconds and the picture will clear...

http://1drv.ms/1MtXNBZ

http://1drv.ms/1hhUncK

Last edited:

kalagas

Dec 25, 2006
Crete
www.foodsafe.gr
Still have no answer from them, but i belive ill have same like u. Idk mby they have alrdy alot themers.. :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA Free mobile app
the number of themers never will be enough... I believe they want as many themers and themes as possible.
More Themes, more successful the Theme Store will be...

P. S. Look here the latest themes Samsung released in its Theme Store... http://www.sammobile.com/2015/10/16...ased-by-samsung-in-the-theme-store-this-week/

Last edited:

shingz96

Jul 7, 2015

samymarboy

Jul 31, 2013
Sahiwal
I get this message from Samsung "Hello. Thank you for applying for a Theme Service Partnership. We regret to inform you that you have not been selected as a partner at this time. However, as we recruit new partners every day please apply again and submit another portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you in the future and seeing your updated portfolio next time. Thank you for your interest in the Theme Service"

Any idea what portfolio i should submit ? I'm very confused :?

Faaiz Puthawala

Aug 19, 2013
ahmedabad
Loll i Attempted Two Times and they Rejected my work
saying
We regret to inform you that your recent SDK request has been rejected. We have determined that we cannot accommodate your request due to lack/verified detail

Gerardo92

Jul 25, 2015
Does anyone still have the dark/red theme apk from Hiten Soni? the one that it was installed as a normal apk and without root , I have found the one for the s6 Edge BUT I own the flat version.

tpike

Jan 31, 2011
Got rejected too. Back in December. I feel better hearing others got the same reply. Sucks cuz I submitted work that themes stuff they aren't even theming currently. I read one got has been accepted. He's a junior member on xda. Which isn't bad, but didn't have roms or themes posted on xda. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. Regardless, this whole thing kinda stinks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using XDA Free mobile app

shmogt

Jan 14, 2013
www.teamshmo.com
OK right now I'm pretty annoyed...
After I published here some screenshots of my 1st partnership request, i have made 2 other partnership request to Samsung and guess what. I got rejected again in BOTH of them.

I have read what someone told me here, about my icons were looking like HTC's Sense. Also I have read and some other guys that told me to change my icons to more flat/material design.

So i did and i made all icons from scratch, all icons from the beginning and i was sure Sammy will accept my request...
But i was totally wrong...

So i will make public again the screenshots of my work that i sent to Sammy in last 2 times cause i need to find out WHY they rejected my Themes...
"Cause i am starting to believe that is personal and they just reject "kalagas" and not the Themes"
Don't ask me why i have started to believe that. Simply cause i can not find ANY [email protected] reason why they reject my Themes...

That's why i am writing this post... Cause i have seen many of the Themes that are in Samsung Theme Store (from Sammobile) and i think mines have no reason not to be in the Theme Store.
So maybe you guys can help me figure out why Samsung reject my Themes...

Form above Screenshots 1st link is my 2nd partnership request and 2nd link is my 3rd partnership request.... Which BOTH were rejected...

*****When you make zoom wait some seconds and the picture will clear...

http://1drv.ms/1MtXNBZ

http://1drv.ms/1hhUncK

You are being rejected to be part of the their theme designers, or you are one and your themes are being rejected from entering the store? I know most of these posts are a while ago, but I wasn't quite sure what you meant.

kalagas

Dec 25, 2006
Crete
www.foodsafe.gr
You are being rejected to be part of the their theme designers, or you are one and your themes are being rejected from entering the store? I know most of these posts are a while ago, but I wasn't quite sure what you meant.
The first one. I rejected to be part of their theme designers. 3 times. I made a 4th partnership request since 22 October and still no answer.
Weird things...

shmogt

Jan 14, 2013
www.teamshmo.com
The first one. I rejected to be part of their theme designers. 3 times. I made a 4th partnership request since 22 October and still no answer.
Weird things...

I am not sure on the exact number, but as far as I can tell, there are a super small amount of them. Possibly as low as 30 worldwide, or at least in North America. I was one of them and posted more concept work themes to show you will have crazy ideas rather than themes that you will be submitting to their store.

Reactions: kalagas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I have requested Theme Editor from Samsung via e-mail: <[email protected]> same of thousands people did.

and got following reply. It is sort of a universal reply, nowhere is said that Samsung won't give you Theme Editor, all is wrapped into PR talks:

Hello. Thank you for applying for a Theme Service Partnership.

We apologize for the delay in our reply as we are having many candidates applying for the partnership.

We use this account to recruit partners who can design and develop themes. The Samsung Theme Service relies heavily on designers' abilities, because The Samsung Theme Service must develop more areas than in previous launchers. Therefore, procedures to determine the designers' abilities are carried out before providing an environment for developing themes.

The deadline for partnership applications is the 15th of every month. Applicants will be informed of their results by the end of the month. Applications submitted after the deadline will be evaluated by the end of the following month.

Thanks again for your interest in the Theme Service.

Where Samsung fails, in community, we need to help each other. Is there anyone who get installation file of Samsung Mobile Theme Editor? Anyone who can share it, so we could acutally create themes and not only wait for reply from Samsung providing us with Theme Editor, which will never come?

Thx
    It looks like you are only theming the app icons, I would suggest making some screenshots of the other areas of the phone and sending it to them. I have attached my submission for reference.

Ok i got a rejection again...
    Before request again a partnership i would like to know if you like my new presentation...
    It's for 3 themes...
    Green theme, IcsLike Theme & Pink Theme...
    I would upload them to my Microsoft Onedrive and will sent them the link...

PS. Opinions from other users are also welcome....

4b3afc183d287bb4762963058a7b7c6b.jpg

a34cd77861373b2f48cbedc2b756c951.jpg

12ec7340076cfb2419d23894a241e82c.jpg
    thanks mate... I would appreciate it... If you could do this, then I change what I want in Photoshop too...

Here you go!
    I found the application for the samsung theme designer.. anyone still interested?
    if I don't have galaxy s6 and the Samsung theme editor, how good I show them screenshots from themed applications?
    that's why I show them only icons.
    to get deeper in applications and change colors etc, I need access to the Samsung's tool...

I made my design presentation completely using Photoshop. If you would like, I can upload some stock screenshots for you to use to modify and then submit.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone