Samsung note 10+ 5g not booting after firmware update

Search This thread

Johny1fin

Dec 22, 2005
Chesterfield
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Hi,
I have applied firware update for years without problems but today I am stumped.
I tried to update todate from 6ETLL firmware to the newer 6FUBD both Android 11.
Set up Odin using 3.14.4 and started ok.
Then I had the install stopping and disconnecing to the phone.

Eventually I disconnected the phone lead and it now wont boot passed the error message -
An error has occurred while updating the device software.
Use the Emmergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software.

So I installed this on my pc it it fails to recognise the phone even in Emmergency recovery mode.
I have tried all methods of trying to reboot the phone but it always comes back to the above arror message and wont go into recover mode or download mode.

I did not but this from O2 but directly from Samsund and its just out of warrantee.
I dont know wheer the service center is in the Uk and thats a lst resort anyway.

Any suggestions please.

Reactions: Bomn

Bomn

Repaste from my other reply on the UI3 update :

"
Odin hates thunderbolt - If you plan on using a USB-C port make sure it's not thunderbolt. It will fail half way in and freeze. Get a well rated cable and do it via USB concentrator directly

If you get stuck and you cannot access recovery via key combo or smartswitch emergency recovery use Odin

Open options and select get device info - It will reboot directly to the recovery if it was previously written (check the log). After that disable the get device info option and reconnect the cable (select files for flashing again - should go smoothly.

If after the reboot and setup you get a moisture warning on the USB port - this does not make nay sense but it works - Turn off the Note, plug in a usb cable on the PC and reboot the phone connected to the cable - It will reset the sensor warning and should work flawlessly.

Hope to have helped - Had a bit of a jarring adventure setting this one up this time.

The lag in the animation is there, however, I think it's the animation timer that is set higher (slower) it's not slow "per se" but it shows. "

Johny1fin

Dec 22, 2005
Chesterfield
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Bomm,
I must say.... I dont know how to thank you. Your post saved my Note 10.
I emailed Samsung repair and after 2 days they said phone xxxxx if you need it repaired under warrantee.
I waited a week for the phone to lose its battery and when booted back on charge cane up with the same error.
So I went back on xda and you had kindly posted the exact fix I needed. I didn't expect that. I know now if I have the same issue again. It was my pc I think using usb-c to usb-c like you said. Thank you so much.

Reactions: Bomn

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Not sure why you want Q or above on the 10+.
    I'm still running on Pie/One UI. Fast, very stable and zero issues. Last reload was back in June.
    If the OS is running well and fulfilling its mission let sleeping dogs lie.

Johny1fin

Dec 22, 2005
    Chesterfield
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
    One issue is if we don't keep up to date then at some point Samsung will stop support on a particular phone and the phone can be years out if date.
    They may then be on a version unsupported by the apps suppliers and will be more difficult to sell if you want to buy a new phone.

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    One issue is if we don't keep up to date then at some point Samsung will stop support on a particular phone and the phone can be years out if date.
    They may then be on a version unsupported by the apps suppliers and will be more difficult to sell if you want to buy a new phone.

No problem here. All my PCs, their XPx64/W7 OSs as well as my Androids Kitkat/Pie OSs are now unsupported.
    No issues and all continue to fulfill their missions.
    Forced learning curves waste my time and offer little in return. My last learning curves were from Kitkat to Pie and XPx64 to W7.
    I stopped updating with the best versions of both MS and Android. I don't rat's arse if it stays like that for the next 10 years... or if my Windows machines mutate into Pie or Linux machines🤣
    Whatever works best for me.

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    It's not just the bugs that won't get fixed it's the vulnerabilities as well, then the apps stop working. I actually enjoy upgrading my kit and amon Windows 10 21h1. Anti virus packages mat stop working as well.
    I've never had a malware or virus issue that required a factory reset in over 7 years of using Android. More than half of the time was using out of date OS's. My current Pie OS is over a year out of date.
    99% of rootkits, viruses etc are uploaded by the user. There's no protecting the stupid.

I have redundant complete backups so a factory reset will cost me normally 2 hours and at worst case 6-8 hours if I need to restore the SD card.
    You waste far more time then this fighting with the bugs, the learning curve and the forced factory reset that a major firmware update requires.
    I get to use the OS of my choice... you get whatever they throw at you and the ride that comes with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Repaste from my other reply on the UI3 update :

"
      Odin hates thunderbolt - If you plan on using a USB-C port make sure it's not thunderbolt. It will fail half way in and freeze. Get a well rated cable and do it via USB concentrator directly

If you get stuck and you cannot access recovery via key combo or smartswitch emergency recovery use Odin

Open options and select get device info - It will reboot directly to the recovery if it was previously written (check the log). After that disable the get device info option and reconnect the cable (select files for flashing again - should go smoothly.

If after the reboot and setup you get a moisture warning on the USB port - this does not make nay sense but it works - Turn off the Note, plug in a usb cable on the PC and reboot the phone connected to the cable - It will reset the sensor warning and should work flawlessly.

Hope to have helped - Had a bit of a jarring adventure setting this one up this time.

The lag in the animation is there, however, I think it's the animation timer that is set higher (slower) it's not slow "per se" but it shows. "
      Hi,
      I have applied firware update for years without problems but today I am stumped.
      I tried to update todate from 6ETLL firmware to the newer 6FUBD both Android 11.
      Set up Odin using 3.14.4 and started ok.
      Then I had the install stopping and disconnecing to the phone.

Eventually I disconnected the phone lead and it now wont boot passed the error message -
      An error has occurred while updating the device software.
      Use the Emmergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software.

So I installed this on my pc it it fails to recognise the phone even in Emmergency recovery mode.
      I have tried all methods of trying to reboot the phone but it always comes back to the above arror message and wont go into recover mode or download mode.

I did not but this from O2 but directly from Samsund and its just out of warrantee.
      I dont know wheer the service center is in the Uk and thats a lst resort anyway.

Any suggestions please.
      Bomm,
      I must say.... I dont know how to thank you. Your post saved my Note 10.
      I emailed Samsung repair and after 2 days they said phone xxxxx if you need it repaired under warrantee.
      I waited a week for the phone to lose its battery and when booted back on charge cane up with the same error.
      So I went back on xda and you had kindly posted the exact fix I needed. I didn't expect that. I know now if I have the same issue again. It was my pc I think using usb-c to usb-c like you said. Thank you so much.
      As you say you are super, my friend, I applied it step by step, the phone entered the download mode.