Samsung Note 10+ set default usb to tethering not an option.

Search This thread

atbunch

Mar 15, 2015
On stock Note 10+ in developer options I want to set default usb action to usb tether but it's not an option for me. It is on all my pixel decides and Note 9. Is there a way to set this as the default action with ADB? I get the options of; Transfer Files, System Update, MIDI, Transferring Images, or Charging Phone Only.

Thanks.

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
Smart Watches
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi, I don't have that phone but you can check in it's forum section for info, guides, support, etc.:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
That's odd as it's an option on my stock AT&T 10+ Pie variant. That shouldn't be locked out.
Try toggling Developer options off/on.
Make sure a 3rd party apk isn't blocking it.

Reactions: atbunch

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I will try. I think Verizon has blocked it. I was considering flashing the U1 firmware for a few reasons,, but I have never used Odin.

AT&T, Verizon etc are actively partnered with Samsung and carriers are notorious for mucking up the firmware and firmware updates.

atbunch

Mar 15, 2015
So I've decided to flash U1 software. My question is should i get U1 XAA software from Sammobile, or VZW software. I want the phone to work with verizon still but without all the limitations the U version verizon software is causing to my phone.
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's odd as it's an option on my stock AT&T 10+ Pie variant. That shouldn't be locked out.
    Try toggling Developer options off/on.
    Make sure a 3rd party apk isn't blocking it.

I will try. I think Verizon has blocked it. I was considering flashing the U1 firmware for a few reasons,, but I have never used Odin.
    Flashing U1 firmware fixed all of my problems.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone