samsung note 4 SM-N910F does not charge when turned off and

Search This thread

adriano221169

Sep 22, 2010
my phone samsung note 4 SM-N910F not charging when and off, I can recharge it only when turned on and with battery charger a very annoying problem I also tried to change the battery but I have not solved
please help me I apologize for my bad English

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Fort Smith, AR
my phone samsung note 4 SM-N910F not charging when and off, I can recharge it only when turned on and with battery charger a very annoying problem I also tried to change the battery but I have not solved
please help me I apologize for my bad English
Are you trying to charge your phone while plugged in to your PC? If you are then you need to install the Samsung drivers to your PC first. Without the drivers installed, your PC will only charge your phone when the phone is turned on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

adriano221169

Sep 22, 2010
Are you trying to charge your phone while plugged in to your PC? If you are then you need to install the Samsung drivers to your PC first. Without the drivers installed, your PC will only charge your phone when the phone is turned on.

No!! I try to charge the phone with its charger.

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Fort Smith, AR
No!! I try to charge the phone with its charger.
In "Developer Options," what does it say here:

View attachment 4037233

And is there a green check mark here:

View attachment 4037240

NOTE: Enable Developer Options by going into Settings, scroll down until you see "About device," click on "About device," scroll down until you see "Build number," click on "Build number" 7 times, exit out of "About device," and then you will see "Developer Options" above "About device" in the settings menu.

adriano221169

Sep 22, 2010
the situation and the one you described to you, I can not send pictures, just I reached 10 messages I send pictures

I wanted to point this particular, if I turn on the phone, put the battery charger charge the phone normally if I remove the battery and put it back battery icon also works off and charging and visible ... I hope I was clear !!

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Fort Smith, AR
I'm sorry but I don't understand. What is your language? Please repost in your language and I will translate. Maybe I will understand better.

adriano221169

Sep 22, 2010
la mia lingua e l'italiano
ho controllato le impostazioni e risultano essere come quelle da te descritte
my tongue and Italian
I checked the settings and turn out to be like the ones you described

nel messaggio precedente ho spiegato che la ricarica a telefono spento funziona solo se eseguo questa procedura:
accendo il telefono, collego il caricabatteria, poi tolgo la batteria e la rimetto, in questo modo compare icona di ricarica con il telefono spento,in altri modi con il telefono spento la ricarica non funziona

I explained in the previous message that the phone is turned off charging only works if I execute this procedure:I turn on the phone, connect the charger, then I take off the battery and put it back, so charging icon appears with the phone turned off, in other ways with the phone off the charger does not work

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Fort Smith, AR
Have you tried other chargers? I was thinking it might be a software issue but you are running stock. I'm afraid it sounds like it might have a faulty charge port. Use a flashlight to look inside the charge port to make sure it doesn't have pocket lint in there. I fixed my charging issue by cleaning out the pocket lint.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

adriano221169

Sep 22, 2010
I tried it with other charger !! I tried to change FLEX USB DOCK the problem and stay .There may be a problem of dirt in the connector because as mentioned in the previous message if I remove the battery and put it back I get ricarica..ho also tried to buy a new battery and the problem similar
only thing left for me to do in my opinion and change the software try to get back on Android 5.1 you think could be a test to do?

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Fort Smith, AR
If it stopped charging when you updated then yes, especially if you updated using OTA update. I never use OTA to update because OTA often causes software issues. You can also try downloading the current firmware for your device and flash it through Odin. If your problem is a software issue then flashing with Odin will probably solve the problem. You don't have to downgrade if you flash the latest firmware in Odin. If you need help with that, let me know. I can help walk you through it.

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Fort Smith, AR
Go here and choose your country (there are 5 Italian carriers in the list) and then choose the rom you want to download:
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N910F/

Also, while using Odin, disconnect from the Internet, turn off any antivirus, and, if installed, disable or uninstall Samsung Kies. Once flashing is complete, turn your antivirus back on before reconnecting to the internet. Good luck :)

Last edited:

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Fort Smith, AR
Then I believe you have a bad charge port, I'm sorry. You can buy one on ebay for around $7 and then watch a few YouTube videos on how to replace it (it's not very hard to do, btw). Until then, you'll have to charge your phone with it turned on. I never turn mine off when charging it.

adriano221169

Sep 22, 2010
I replaced the USB dock but not solved the problem
k1zxqt.jpg

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Fort Smith, AR
That's not good. You might have a problem with your motherboard. You eliminated software, charger/cable, and charge port flex. Your motherboard is the only thing left.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone