• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung Note 9: Battery question

Search This thread

samcoon62

Jan 29, 2021
Roswell, NM
gaming-tables.com
Hello everyone,
I'm new here so not sure did I hit the right section (sorry if its wrong).
By the normal use my battery last around 24hr but recently I had some issues with the battery drainage so to speak in like 2-3 hr it would just dry out and I have to recharge.
That lasted for like a week and then suddenly it stopped and it return to normal lasting 24hr on a full charge.
My question is was that a fluke or should I replace the battery?
Thanks,
Sam

samcoon62

Jan 29, 2021
Roswell, NM
gaming-tables.com
Batteries don't die and get resurrected.
An apk(s) was the cause.
If it happens again track down the offender(s).

Hi blackhawk, thank you for the replay I was tracking with Advanced task manager app and all the apps that run right now they are aps that run on my phone regularly. There was no changes (I didn't install/remove any app in few months). That is the reason for my odd question so to speak.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Hi blackhawk, thank you for the replay I was tracking with Advanced task manager app and all the apps that run right now they are aps that run on my phone regularly. There was no changes (I didn't install/remove any app in few months). That is the reason for my odd question so to speak.

Try using Galaxy Labs Battery Tracker.
Sometimes Google apks will show battery usage as other Google or Android apks because of related dependencies even if the apk is disabled.
Google Backup Transport, Framework and Google Play Services are prime suspects. Clearing the data of these apks will many times stop excess battery usage. Gmaps is another one that will run in the background. Brave browser too.
Close apps when done with them especially before you go to bed.
Wifi if enable as well. Something did it...

Karma Firewall is very useful in spotting troublemakers and for locking down those apks.
It's freeware, ad free and uses almost no battery.
Has logging that makes seeing excessive internet usage easy.
Works best with Pie or early OSs.

Reactions: samcoon62

samcoon62

Jan 29, 2021
Roswell, NM
gaming-tables.com
Sometimes Google apks will show battery usage as other Google or Android apks because of related dependencies even if the apk is disabled.
Google Backup Transport, Framework and Google Play Services are prime suspects. Clearing the data of these apks will many times stop excess battery usage. Gmaps is another one that will run in the background. Brave browser too.

Karma Firewall is very useful in spotting troublemakers and for locking down those apks.

Sorry for the late replay, wow so much information's thank you so much blackhawk I will setup Galaxy Labs Battery Tracker and Karma.
My wifi is always on and always connected to home or office wife (mostly home nowadays as the corona forced us all to work from home if we can.
I appropriate your help so much was going crazy over here lol

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Sammy's can be quit the pain. If you're running Pie or below you have far more tools to track down the offenders. Running Apps/cache in Developer options and cache apps in Samsung Device Care are two I use.

This package blocker is another favorite I always use. It can completely clear app caches leaving no nulls that "clearing" them in app settings sometimes leaves. Incomplete clearing means the problem can persist. It's a great troubleshooting and debloating tool if you use it wisely. Has a widget that allows you to toggle selected apks on/off too.

Reactions: samcoon62

samcoon62

Jan 29, 2021
Roswell, NM
gaming-tables.com
I get you what you are saying but it's a bit uncharted waters for me. lol
As I'm use to computers wracking them up and setting them back up for last 30+ years (professionally). I was always repulsive toward mobile phones. As I like my privacy, piece will working, and when I go somwere no one to disturb me and know were exactly I'm lol.
When they first came out I didn't want to get one until 2004 and then I got my first one Nokia 3310 that is still working (just who knows how many batteries did I change), 2nd one was Note4 in 2016 (also still works and looks like new) and now Note9.
Android phones I got just for viber (registration mostly as i more use it on PC) and banking (from time to tiem) calling and rarely sending sms. Other than that I don't use phone much as I prefer to shoot pictures with my Sony Camera and to do everything else on my PC.
Because of that there was no much interest and room for a phone so I didnt play with developers modes and wracking phones up like I do with PC's lol.

PS: Only reason I'm into Notes is the pen (don't ask me why, I have no idea) lol

Last edited:
Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
As I'm use to computers wracking them up and setting them back up for last 30+ years (professionally). I was always repulsive toward mobile phones. As I like my privacy, piece will working, and when I go somwere no one to disturb me and know were exactly I'm lol.
When they first came out I didn't want to get one until 2004 and then I got my first one Nokia 3310 that is still working (just who knows how many batteries did I change), 2nd one was Note4 in 2016 (also still works and looks like new) and now Note9.
Android phones I got just for viber (registration mostly as i more use it on PC) and banking (from time to tiem) calling and rarely sending sms. Other than that I don't use phone much as I prefer to shoot pictures with my Sony Camera and to do everything else on my PC.
Because of that there was no much interest and room for a phone so I didnt play with developers modes and wracking phones up like I do with PC's lol.

PS: Only reason I'm into Notes is the pen (don't ask me why, I have no idea) lol

I use my 10+ like a PC. I rarely use my laptop and keep it completely off the internet.

The SD card is the data drive on my 10+. I can do a full reload from it with little or no internet; all critical data is store there including copies of all my apps. I load directly from the SD card, no Playstore needed. A full restore takes me about 2 hours now. The SD card is also backed up to 2 hdds just in case. Develope a complete restore plan for a forced reload. After that a reload is no issue.
They are very rare but they can happen especially if you run into a virus.
The only things I keep on the internal memory are the working apps, DCIM (with frequent backups to the SD card) and the download folder until the files can be vetted.

Androids are fun to play with. With a none rooted phone it's pretty hard to crash them. Lol, I've crashed and burned about 50 Window's loads playing in the Registry over the years. Cloned OS copies made that pretty painless.
I play with the 10+ a lot. It's a surprisingly stable and fast platform.
Lots of really good apps for it too. Most are free.
The 10+ replaced my TV as did the PC over 15 years ago. Pretty cool.
Gene Roddenberry would have gone nuts holding a 10+ in his hands. More than even he could have imagined.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry for the late replay, wow so much information's thank you so much blackhawk I will setup Galaxy Labs Battery Tracker and Karma.
    My wifi is always on and always connected to home or office wife (mostly home nowadays as the corona forced us all to work from home if we can.
    I appropriate your help so much was going crazy over here lol
    Sammy's can be quit the pain. If you're running Pie or below you have far more tools to track down the offenders. Running Apps/cache in Developer options and cache apps in Samsung Device Care are two I use.

This package blocker is another favorite I always use. It can completely clear app caches leaving no nulls that "clearing" them in app settings sometimes leaves. Incomplete clearing means the problem can persist. It's a great troubleshooting and debloating tool if you use it wisely. Has a widget that allows you to toggle selected apks on/off too.