Samsung notes app data folder

Search This thread

infinitiwoods12

Mar 9, 2016
Hi
I have been using s note in note5. I used back up the "snotedata" folder that contains all the memos and notes to my pc. I don't like sync and all that stuff. I prefer doing manually.
I would like to do the same with the Samsung notes app. But I don't know where the data folder is. Can you please help.. Thanks

LeRitz

Sep 8, 2016
Same here, it's driving me insane.

I need to browser on my PC thru all of my notes and I just can't seem to be able to.

- No PC app for Samsung Notes (although there is one for S Notes...)
- No GUI for Samsung Cloud, meaning it's impossible to merely view what's on there.
- No connection to Evernote.
- No mass-share back from Samsung Notes to S Note (you can do it but only one by one, and worse, it's imported as a picture)

Haven't been able to find the folder or, in better words... I have found "a" folder in Phone\SamsungNotes\SNote3... But all of that is empty, so there must be another place.

If anybody has a clue... I would very grateful :)

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

I just found 2 interesting folders under :

Code:
Phone\Android\data\com.samsung.android.app.notes\

One is "cache" and it's empty. The other is "files" and it has (??) a JPG copy of all of my notes.

It's a start. But I still cannot find where is the editable file.

infinitiwoods12

Mar 9, 2016
Same here, it's driving me insane.

I need to browser on my PC thru all of my notes and I just can't seem to be able to.

- No PC app for Samsung Notes (although there is one for S Notes...)
- No GUI for Samsung Cloud, meaning it's impossible to merely view what's on there.
- No connection to Evernote.
- No mass-share back from Samsung Notes to S Note (you can do it but only one by one, and worse, it's imported as a picture)

Haven't been able to find the folder or, in better words... I have found "a" folder in Phone\SamsungNotes\SNote3... But all of that is empty, so there must be another place.

If anybody has a clue... I would very grateful :)

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

I just found 2 interesting folders under :

Code:
Phone\Android\data\com.samsung.android.app.notes\

One is "cache" and it's empty. The other is "files" and it has (??) a JPG copy of all of my notes.

It's a start. But I still cannot find where is the editable file.

samsung messed up notes app.. the only real advantage over snote is its lag free 90% of time.

stevierayvaughan

Jan 13, 2010
Yeah I want to use S Note full-on, it is the best notes app no question and I have tried damn near every notes app in the Play Store, have had an Evernote premium account for years, etc. But to make it a proper notes solution they need to have a PC app and web app. I installed S Note on my Win7 PC, and I synced but nothing showed up. I tried live chat support and emailed Samsung, the response I got was this:

Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Care.

From what you've written, we understand that you have installed S-Note software on your Windows PC and looking to view notes created on your Galaxy Note 7 phone.

We certainly understand your requirement by reviewing your email, however would like to inform you that there is no possible option available to accomplish that.

We can create notes and sync them on the software and restore them back, however there is no option of viewing them on the software on the device.

Which makes me want to stick with Evernote even with their 2-device limit (I stopped premium a while back) I can at least add stuff while on my laptop then see it on the phone, of course, and vice versa. That's a basic necessity if they want the notes deal to be taken seriously.

petethepete2000

Jun 24, 2015
Smart switch

Hi
I have been using s note in note5. I used back up the "snotedata" folder that contains all the memos and notes to my pc. I don't like sync and all that stuff. I prefer doing manually.
I would like to do the same with the Samsung notes app. But I don't know where the data folder is. Can you please help.. Thanks
Smart switch for samsung phones will let you put the notes from Samsung notes onto your sd card or pc etc.. the note in Samsung Notes are kept on the cloud not eithin the phones storage.

H_L

Aug 6, 2009
I think the "Samsung notes" are stored on the s8 internal storage and not elsewhere because when you run out of room on the internal storage the samsung note app won't save unless you delete sometging off the inturnal storage.
Where are they stored??

Homeuser66

Sep 23, 2011
Connceticut
I also prefer to back up manually!

Does anyone know how to delete the cloud back ups of Samsung Notes? I've used smart switch to back them up and restore them, but, I cleaned up the 175 notes I've taken/made over the years down to 28. If you import from cloud you get all the ones that are there, including all 175! Samsung don't know how to either.

Thanks!

monicaONxda

Aug 16, 2020
EASY!

all smsmsung note files are stored in 2 folders.:

data\data\com.samsung.android.app.notes\SDocData\
data\data\com.samsung.android.app.notes\app-attach\

just backup these 2 folders if you want to restore it (on a different phone with the same app)

sdoc data contain .sdoc files (container files, so if you rename to .zp you can extract mps3s(voice msgs) and text in raw data)
in app-attach are the drawings as .png

remember, when erasing a note in the app it is still in the 2 folders , just not visible any more in the app. very bad from a security and data savings perspective...

also with this regard i dont recommend (any) cloud backups - the (few) smasmsung apps i use dont have wifi/internet access anyway (AFWall+)