Samsung Official 4.2.2 update - May

phaniblaze

Jan 17, 2012
Boston
Hi Folks!!! Samsung promised its Flagship devices Note-II and S3 a 4.2.2 update in the end of May 2013. Update includes most of the features available for Galaxy S4.

1. Real-time lingo-decoder S Translator.
2. Array of pointless camera features, such as Dual Shot, Dual Video
3. Smart Stay.
4. Smart Scroll.
5. S Health.
6. UI Changes including the Theme and Lock Screen Modifications in launcher.

Hope, Google's I/O 2013 can also bring out Note-II, S3 fantastic features a head...Fingers crossed..

Here is the Link for Samsung Updates Page:

http://samsung-updates.com/samsung-will-update-galaxy-note-2-and-galaxy-s-3-to-android-4-2-2-till-end-of-may/

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
There is an update but it won't show on rooted phones. It will over Kies but it will not update the phone. It will just sit there and won't update.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

realwillow

Jul 11, 2008
Just checked, no update available past 4.1.2
At least not for this handset.

Stock rom, unmodified etc non branded sim free blah blah.

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
Just checked, no update available past 4.1.2
At least not for this handset.

Stock rom, unmodified etc non branded sim free blah blah.

Well not sure what to tell you. I get one over Kies for my s3 what doesn't update because handset was modified. And when I check on my s3 I get no updates allowed because it has been modified. If I wipe the whole phone the update shows on my s3 but again I can't install it.

Attachments

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Well not sure what to tell you. I get one over Kies for my s3 what doesn't update because handset was modified. And when I check on my s3 I get no updates allowed because it has been modified. If I wipe the whole phone the update shows on my s3 but again I can't install it.

Not knowing what version you're on now, it's all academic anyway

Reactions: srv.abhishek

sebarkh

Oct 7, 2010
Warsaw

Learn how to Flash with odin

Sent from my washing machine...straight from the tumbler...

HC4Life

Nov 16, 2007
Hardcore
Hi Folks!!! Samsung promised its Flagship devices Note-II and S3 a 4.2.2 update in the end of May 2013. Update includes most of the features available for Galaxy S4.

3. Smart Stay.
4. Smart Scroll.
5. S Health.

Hope, Google's I/O 2013 can also bring out Note-II, S3 fantastic features a head...Fingers crossed..

http://samsung-updates.com/samsung-will-update-galaxy-note-2-and-galaxy-s-3-to-android-4-2-2-till-end-of-may/
Great news!!!

That's why i didn't root my S3 yet...:p

phaniblaze

Jan 17, 2012
Boston
Well, you can get back to stock in download mode, flashing with odin respective firmware of your region...make sure you have flash counter reset to zero, if not use triangle away so that your device again becomes genuine. ...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

kaynpayn

Aug 30, 2010
I've been wondering when were they thinking about releasing this since the leak has been around since february (i think) and the S4 has been released already. But to be honest, I couldn't care less about those "features" for an update, all i want is multitasking fixed. Which i'm fairly sure we won't get. Samsung should stick with fixing the basics instead or pushing out mostly useless crap. Guess i'll stick with aosp and just get a nexus at some point... :rolleyes:

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
That's a really old release of 4.1.2. There are loads of 4.1.2 updates since then. That will be what you are getting prompted for. You're 6 months out of date.
Well I use arhd anyway so mot really care about if it outdated. Just saying that I was promoted for updates quite a lot. But with a custom Rom I do not care.

delsus

Oct 23, 2011

3. Smart Stay.
4. Smart Scroll.
5. S Health.

http://samsung-updates.com/samsung-...-galaxy-s-3-to-android-4-2-2-till-end-of-may/
Here's the fun fact of the day for you, we will not get s health because it requires hardware our phone doesn't have.

And another freebie the page they got that from was a fan page not an official one so it's all rumour nothing more.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Well I use arhd anyway so mot really care about if it outdated. Just saying that I was promoted for updates quite a lot. But with a custom Rom I do not care.

That's not really the point.

Your point was Kies tells you there is an update and that it must be 4.2

My point is you are on a 6 month old release. Any update Kies tells you available is not 4.2. It is one of the 30 4.1.2 releases newer than yours.

Reactions: realwillow

kaynpayn

Aug 30, 2010
Here's the fun fact of the day for you, we will not get s health because it requires hardware our phone doesn't have.

And another freebie the page they got that from was a fan page not an official one so it's all rumour nothing more.

I did think about that since i read somewhere about the extra sensors involved, i just thought they'd adapt or disable functions that really required them or at least do it in a different way that wouldn't need said sensors - there's software to mesure heart rate with the camera, which isn't the most conventional way and, to be honest, if someone told me before that was possible i'd most likely dismiss it as a prank app/gimmick, but i did see it roughly working :p