• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung official Android 6 - Marshmallow T805

Search This thread

Safar_Ibrahim

Jan 20, 2008
Last edited:

wil123

Sep 20, 2012
I did and it's work great except Adaptive Storage. I tried via ADB and Essential Root app on both doesn't work.

I used Samfirm to download it

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

how did you flash this ? i have one file : T805XXU1CPH5_T805OXA1CPH6_T805XXU1CPH5_HOME.tar.md5
i put in which case in odin?

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK

NeWONEx

Sep 29, 2014
Not error message. When you do all steps nothing happened. I tried the same steps on my tab s2 and it's working fine. But here when you type sm partition disk:179,32 private nothing happening.
And Sdcard still portable.

Title101

Apr 30, 2015
Toronto
Not error message. When you do all steps nothing happened. I tried the same steps on my tab s2 and it's working fine. But here when you type sm partition disk:179,32 private nothing happening.
And Sdcard still portable.

That's very unfortunate, I was really looking forward to being able to use this feature. How about the ability to change storage location the way S7 does?

Last edited:

Title101

Apr 30, 2015
Toronto

That sounds promising. I don't have an S7 but my understanding is that a lot of apps can be moved using this method. I assume that once an app is moved to the SD card that all its data resides there and f it gets updated through the Google Play store that it will remain on the SD card. Are my assumptions correct? If so, are there any major downsides compared to adaptive storage other then the initial step of having to move the app?

NeWONEx

Sep 29, 2014
That sounds promising. I don't have an S7 but my understanding is that a lot of apps can be moved using this method. I assume that once an app is moved to the SD card that all its data resides there and f it gets updated through the Google Play store that it will remain on the SD card. Are my assumptions correct? If so, are there any major downsides compared to adaptive storage other then the initial step of having to move the app?

No, it's not like that . It's similar to lollipop when you move app to Sdcard (Obb file) still in internal storage not like adoptive storage. And as you know some apps don't support this feature. Like WhatsApp and many other apps.

I hope if I can figure out the way to activate Adoptive storage.

Last edited:

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
My tab is only rooted, stock recovery, but it cannot search for new firmware (systems detected as modified). So how can I update it to marshmallow without formatting data and settings?

Top Liked Posts