Accessories Samsung Official Standing Cover with Pen.....another stupid idea

Search This thread

the_ape

May 30, 2005
www.nakedcleaner.com
Not got mine yet, do have the "hand strap" one though, and that has some issues too. Wireless works but kinda have to make sure it's positioned just right on some chargers.

That and most people are right handed so the strap thing is on the dominant hand side.. Not the best idea. But hey its difficult with the way the phone is designed as a whole. My front one on this has stuck on pretty well though to be fair, and unlike the 3rd party ones the edges are at least a sensible size

L1N3B3CK

Jun 29, 2017
Mine wasn't so sticky the first few days. Then it just got okay. Still gonna buy some electronic double-sided tape to replace the factory adhesives. I heard it does miracles

Reactions: Maskman_101
It's perfectly fine, for what it is. Much better than the pen case for the Fold3. Your comparison between the two makes it seem like you don't actually have experience with the one for the Fold3. I actually hate the cases that use sticky adhesive for the cover section. The use of tacky/rubber-like material instead, like this new case (and others, like the YTF cases and the Latercase case), is MUCH better, as it makes it easy to swap cases without having to reapply adhesives. My case stays put without a problem.

That being said, the official Samsung Pen case with the kickstand attachment is way too bulky to use as a daily for my tastes. I'm sticking with the Latercase for daily use and will only be using the Samsung Standing Cover S Pen case when I need additional protection or when I know I'll be going somewhere where I'll need to have the pen with me but can't easily carry it in my pocket.

Very interesting... I've used mine from day one and have not had an issue with QI charging with the S Pen attached. I was astonished that it actually charged with the S Pen in place on the case. Just to be clear, I'm using the Samsung QI charger at home and at work and the Samsung vent mounted car charger. I have not tried any 3rd party QI chargers, so I cannot comment about them.

Very interesting... I've used mine from day one and have not had an issue with QI charging with the S Pen attached. I was astonished that it actually charged with the S Pen in place on the case. Just to be clear, I'm using the Samsung QI charger at home and at work and the Samsung vent mounted car charger. I have not tried any 3rd party QI chargers, so I cannot comment about them.
While I can charge on a 3rd party Qi chargers (both in the office, home and car) I found that the 10W ones charge OK (though slow) with the pen attached. The magnetic field isn't optimized as the two inductors (charger and phone) are not at the same angle. The 15W one I have in the car works OK as well, however the pen and the back of the phone are certainly hotter than I want it to be. I remove the pen and then it isn't hotter than I would expect it to be.. Waiting on a new 15W charger to the office, so I will see if with the pen the phone gets hot as in the car or not.. So yes, it charges, and still I think it makes sense to click out the pen for wireless charging (just common sense). As for the 'opinions' and if it is the best case? It is ugly yet functional. I use the pen a lot of times away from my desk, handwriting on the 7.6" screen.. It also better having a wide diameter pen. I have the narrow one in my Samsung laptop and it is hard to use for long time..

I'm not finding my desktop chargers making the phone hot, maybe a little warm, but not hot. The car mount, however, does get pretty warm, probably due to the usage (3 apps running in multi window mode, along with 3 floating widgets). But there is positive charging going on, in the car charger.

I'm not finding my desktop chargers making the phone hot, maybe a little warm, but not hot. The car mount, however, does get pretty warm, probably due to the usage (3 apps running in multi window mode, along with 3 floating widgets). But there is positive charging going on, in the car charger.
Good point. yes, the home chargers are colder than the car one, that also runs Android Auto/maps/Spotify while I drive..

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I'm not able to claim my case and charger, they want pdf of proof of purchase. Samsung never sent me an invoice via email. And my Fold 4 doesn't show up on the Samsung website under my account. I purchased the phone on their stupid site. F this, looks like the case is not worth the time takes to claim. Also the pen is not active like the old Note right?

alltaken123

Sep 11, 2015
I'm not able to claim my case and charger, they want pdf of proof of purchase. Samsung never sent me an invoice via email. And my Fold 4 doesn't show up on the Samsung website under my account. I purchased the phone on their stupid site. F this, looks like the case is not worth the time takes to claim. Also the pen is not active like the old Note right?
I just took a picture of my delivery note.

Bigmille

May 23, 2008
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Thanks for the idea, I really can't be bothered to waste more time, the whole website buying experience was terrible with exchange, had to ask help here to complete the purchase. Its just unbelievable giving the size of Samsung.
I have no idea why Samsung just don't throw in the case, pen and charger in the welcome box, it was big and empty enough.

You can get the invoice from your order under My Orders

Screenshot 2022-08-31 134934.jpg

Reactions: Bigmille
Wow. I didn't have any of those issues. The whole website experience was super easy. But I've been buying direct from Samsung for years so maybe I'm just used to it.

Also, my freebies were all included in the same box as my phone. Only thing I didn't get was the free charging pad work my GW5Pro, but I also bought Buds 2 Pro, and it bundled those and gave me a really good discount, which I think automatically removed the charger.

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
The case is excellent IMO. No issues with it. No issues with qi charging. Also with a plastic printer you can make your own attachment instead of the kickstand or pen. Lots of ideas here.

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
The Samsung kick stand/pen case is pretty good and have not had issues with charging wirelessly with the pen in place. Two issues though that I didn't like, is the pen makes the case even thicker and there is no hinge protection. I tried adding a clear film protection, but as many others have also found the clearance between the hinge and the screen backings is tight and on my phone, top near the camera lens area by hinge, after putting the film on, it jammed when I tried to open/unfold it, so I had to peel it off.

Went with the Spigen Slim Armor Pro Pen Edition case, and very happy with it. It has the hinge protection, is thin, holds the pen on the side, and the case has a great feel for gripping - more rubbery than plastic. Added a pop socket with removeable top and an ESR Boost Phone Kickstand which works both with it folded vertical or horizontal and also unfolded, so now I have all the features in the case/phone. I use the pop socket with a magnetic car mount and remove the pop socket, when I need to wirelessly charge it at home.

Pics:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So just like the goofy case they gave away with the Fold 3, the new one is just as janky. You have to remove the entire S-pen module to drop it onto a Qi charger. The front part is taped on, and its not very sticky. It's awful.
    It's OK and it was "free" so there's that.

What was not OK was last year's case with the flap cover. I've never liked those.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
    Mine wasn't so sticky the first few days. Then it just got okay. Still gonna buy some electronic double-sided tape to replace the factory adhesives. I heard it does miracles
    You can get the invoice from your order under My Orders

Screenshot 2022-08-31 134934.jpg

ESR Boost Phone Kickstand
    Thanks for this. Just bought one