• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Samsung One UI Beta 1 reviews(exynos)

Search This thread

manager77

May 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I just installed beta 1 on my S21 Ultra. My first impressions: for the first Beta seems to be stable enough, smooth with some nice changes of UI.

Bugs: Google Pay doesn't work for contactless, adaptive display doesn't work like it should : l verifyed on display Hz site and it shows The display status on 120 HZ only...let me check more

Edit: adaptive display now is working google 120 hz/60hz

Last edited:

Srbija2012

Apr 12, 2012
Canberra
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I just installer beta 1 on my S21 Ultra. My first impressions: for the first Beta seems to be stable enough, smooth with some nice changes of UI.

Bugs: Google Pay doesn't work for contactless, adaptive display doesn't work like it should : l verifyed on display Hz site and it shows The display status on 120 HZ only...let me check more
Ive seen reports of GPAY working just fine on A12/UI4.

Amr Faried

Jan 22, 2015
GMH shows that the screen is transitioning from 120hz (when in use) to 48hz (when not used), regarding google pay, I don't know as it's not supported in my country.

Reactions: maxq1

AllAboutTech

Feb 17, 2011
Bucharest
I just installed beta 1 on my S21 Ultra. My first impressions: for the first Beta seems to be stable enough, smooth with some nice changes of UI.

Edit: adaptive display now is working google 120 hz/60hz
It is known that GPay doesn't work for any Beta so far.

Nat.smith26

Dec 3, 2020
I have some bugs on video calls, especially on Duo.
And the phone overheats compared to A11 but that's normal.

Samsung Pay and Google Pay are working fine.

Except that, I don't think this Beta 1 is worth the upgrade.
There ois nothing really new or essential.

Let's wait for beta 2.

cyberon

Jan 4, 2010
Google Nexus 4
Google Pixel
Working fine here, only thing I've noticed is that sometimes when opening the notification shade the quick tiles flicker.
Other than that really stable for a beta 1.
Edit: Google Pay contactless payment stoped working as expected on a beta.

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yes I know it's a beta and that I only updated yesterday so it'll improve, will it be learning my usage or not? I might clear adaptive battery and brightness data so it can learn again. Was not using tiktok or Google when it heated up, was using Facebook.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210915-170749_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20210915-170749_Device care.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Screenshot_20210915-185308_Thermal Guardian.jpg
    Screenshot_20210915-185308_Thermal Guardian.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_20210915-185306_Thermal Guardian.jpg
    Screenshot_20210915-185306_Thermal Guardian.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Reactions: tim2london

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ive also interested in Material you... Also want a new notification panel the new pixel one is nice!
    Those officially registered in the beta need to request that Samsung use the android 12 design, more users request it, higher the chance of Samsung listening to us, I loved the look of android 12 on the pixel and was then disappointed in Samsung's take on android 12, you wouldn't even know it was android 12 without going into settings and checking the android version.
    Well, Android 12 is built in collaboration with Samsung devs. Same for WearOS 3

OneUI is just good at is, no needs to rush on further graphical updates.
    Refinement is the right way.. ;)
    A12 on the Pixel looks fresh and new, something different. I like the way OneUI has improved but in comparison, it's quite stale now. It'll probably be updated in future though tbh.
    Quite disappointed in it, compared to the Pixel A12 , OneUI 4.0 is horrible with little implementation of the various Material You changes.
    I have a really annoying bug, notifications are delayed a lot with this beta.
    For example, when I get a message on Signal, I often need to open the app to get the notif, and ig not, I receive it a few minutes later.
    Everything is fine with the authorizations, I don't know if it comes from the beta, Signal, or Android 12.
    I've noticed a bit of lag when unlocking phone, opening apps and closing can sometimes lag, battery life no so good. I hoped Samsung would use the android 12 design. The big clock on lockscreen, themes to match wallpaper, new notification shade with android 12 style toggles, adaptive charging. Hoping they get added into the final. 👍