• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung pass on Knox tripped devices

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 8425317

Which app should i use to rename from apj to apk?

Hello

Where do i go to edit the file names ? Iam having the exact same issue

James

Download
https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.mixplorer

Or buy the Silver edition on Play Store!

Go to the ROOT Directory>
'system' Folder >
'priv-app' Folder >
'SamsungPass' Folder
You're there.
Funny though, after the September patch on pie, i didn't need to go through all of this again.. Mine is still .apk and works every time with Magisk hide.

And don't forget to thank @gundal for getting us this far.

Please do not reply to This message!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200929-000808_MiXplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20200929-000808_MiXplorer.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited by a moderator:

UnReA|

Mar 10, 2011
Coimbra
Download
https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.mixplorer

Or buy the Silver edition on Play Store!

Go to the ROOT Directory>
'system' Folder >
'priv-app' Folder >
'SamsungPass' Folder
You're there.
Funny though, after the September patch on pie, i didn't need to go through all of this again.. Mine is still .apk and works every time with Magisk hide.

And don't forget to thank @gundal for getting us this far.

Please do not reply to This message!

Hi

Its possible to share the samsung pass.apk ?

senecal1967

Sep 25, 2021
I recently and quite sadly discovered that once you trip knox, samsung pass no longer functions..
this is a change from the Note5, s6, s7 and note7.. where even if you had tripped knox and have root you could still register your biometrics and use them to login to:
websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

after the addition of samsung pass, we now only have the ability to unlock our device with biometrics. Website access, Samsung account and even some apps like my banking app that previously allowed us to use a fingerprint do not.

this majorly sucks.. as I tripped knox right away and still want to be able to login to websites with a finger touch...

SO while trying to modify the samsung pass apk to be more lenient.. I discovered that if you simply remove samsung pass...

rename
/system/priv-app/SamsungPass_1.3/SamsungPass_1.3.apk
to
/system/priv-app/SamsungPass_1.3/SamsungPass_1.3.apj

then remove /data/app/com.samsung.android.samsungpass-1
then reboot..

now when you go into the settigns > lock screen > fingerprints > enter pin > Samsung pass is gone, and re-replaced with the original menu items to toggle, websites and samsung account login!! flip the toggles and you are all set to go.

FYI: I had to clear data on my banking app and relogin for it to trigger the change and allow me to register my fingerprint to login
i have a samsung a520w that i tried to root but i installed a custom rom on it and finally went back to the factory 8 rom, but knox does not work and refuses to switch on and my samsung pass tries to fill paswords but as soon as it goes to do so it then says my device is rooted and it is not.
so also this stops me from being able to use biometric fingerprint and the whole samsung pass function.
my phone is not rooted and i have never rooted it.
i wish to revert back to android 8 like it was so that i could use samsung pass and have knox like ti was.
so i have a similar problem as you did.
so i tried to use kingroot, kingoroot and suoper su and tried all sorts of ways to fix problem and am now out of ideas.
could you please help me and suggest sometyhing to fix my phone.
me and my friend have spent hours reflashing and flashing magisk and different roms, still no avail...
also i am thinking of flashing custom rom android 9 pie for samsung sm-a5620w, my phone to get rid of samsung of my device since i cannot benefit frow having all samsung products on my phone since i installed custom rom and knox does not work.
would you know a custom rom for my phone to stop all my problems, something android 9 and or other fixes, thx joel...;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently and quite sadly discovered that once you trip knox, samsung pass no longer functions..
    this is a change from the Note5, s6, s7 and note7.. where even if you had tripped knox and have root you could still register your biometrics and use them to login to:
    websites
    samsung account
    unlock phone..

after the addition of samsung pass, we now only have the ability to unlock our device with biometrics. Website access, Samsung account and even some apps like my banking app that previously allowed us to use a fingerprint do not.

this majorly sucks.. as I tripped knox right away and still want to be able to login to websites with a finger touch...

SO while trying to modify the samsung pass apk to be more lenient.. I discovered that if you simply remove samsung pass...

rename
    to

then reboot..

now when you go into the settigns > lock screen > fingerprints > enter pin > Samsung pass is gone, and re-replaced with the original menu items to toggle, websites and samsung account login!! flip the toggles and you are all set to go.

FYI: I had to clear data on my banking app and relogin for it to trigger the change and allow me to register my fingerprint to login
    I'm pretty sure you could get the same effect without removing Samsung Pass.

Go to Settings>>General Management>>Language and Input>>Autofill Service and change it to Google.
    Woh, thank you very much for shearing this! I sure want to use Samsung pass on my Knox tripped Exynos Galaxy Note 8. Gonna give this a shot and see if it works.

Np! You are most welcome, that's what xda is for!
    Please report back when you get it to work so others can see :)
    Np! You are most welcome, that's what xda is for!
    Please report back when you get it to work so others can see :)

Thank you very much! Worked exactly as described, and just tested it on my credit card providers website, worked like a charm :D Thanks again for shearing :good:
    screenshoot please

websites
    samsung account
    unlock phone..

rename
    to

then reboot..

screenshot please :(

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Can confirm this works on my sm-g930f with latest oreo update! Thanx a lot! :good: :)

bro. you can share screenshot ? i confused.. because my samsung pay not work. . are you same?