• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Samsung Pay and Google Pay issues

Search This thread

spyderveloce

Jun 15, 2008
I got a new Watch 4 LTE from TMobile and I did get Google Pay set up on it, and it works, with limitations. It appears that when I tip my wrist back to place the watch near the reader, the screen shuts off and apparently, this may be preventing the NFC from working. If I contort myself the opposite direction so the screen doesn't shut off, Google pay works fine, but it's uncomfortable and just looks weird. As for Samsung Pay, I had it set up on my old watch and I told it I would be moving it to the new watch. This apparently requires an update of the watch app on the Watch 4, which consistently fails. I had a similar issue on my old watch and turning off WiFi on my phone seemed to fix it, but that's not the case here. Anyone have ideas? Can I sideload the Samsung Pay watch app through wireless ADB?

Reactions: Tlamm

spyderveloce

Jun 15, 2008
I got a new Watch 4 LTE from TMobile and I did get Google Pay set up on it, and it works, with limitations. It appears that when I tip my wrist back to place the watch near the reader, the screen shuts off and apparently, this may be preventing the NFC from working. If I contort myself the opposite direction so the screen doesn't shut off, Google pay works fine, but it's uncomfortable and just looks weird. As for Samsung Pay, I had it set up on my old watch and I told it I would be moving it to the new watch. This apparently requires an update of the watch app on the Watch 4, which consistently fails. I had a similar issue on my old watch and turning off WiFi on my phone seemed to fix it, but that's not the case here. Anyone have ideas? Can I sideload the Samsung Pay watch app through wireless ADB?
Well... I tried Google pay at another shop and it worked fine when the screen turned off... So I'm down to Samsung Pay. Honestly, I don't have to have it with GPay working right now, but it's gonna bug the heck outta me not being able to update it.

vivelafrance

Sep 28, 2012
United Kingdom
Yeah I have the same issue with Google Pay. When I move my wrist to place it close to the card reader, a clock appears on top of the screen and prevents Google Pay from doing anything.. Really annoying.
I saw other people complaining about this as well on Reddit. Don't know what the solution is for now as I have already turned off the wrist gesture in the settings.

mrfatiga22

Dec 5, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hello, I tell you that I was able to make NFC payments work with the BBVA GO Apk in Argentina, I comment on why I think that in Latin America, it saved Chile, Brazil and Mexico, there is no application to use NFC Pay. If anyone is interested I can show them how I did. I cannot create a new thread as I am not reaching the level. Best regards Miguel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.