Samsung Pay not working on Tmobile S9+

idksomuch

Mar 13, 2014
I bought mine from Samsung.com and noticed that it says "Unlocked by Samsung" on the box. I don't know if that means the device isn't actually a Tmobile unit though. Anyways, Samsung Pay doesn't work for me. When I install it from Okay I Store, it says this device isn't compatible. When I install it from the Galaxy App store, it tells me a new update is available and the new features are "Brand new UX" and when I press OK, it just closes the app. Is it just because the phone isn't officially released yet or is it a software issue? Thanks.

Big Dawg 23

Feb 13, 2008
Northfield
I bought mine from Samsung.com and noticed that it says "Unlocked by Samsung" on the box. I don't know if that means the device isn't actually a Tmobile unit though. Anyways, Samsung Pay doesn't work for me. When I install it from Okay I Store, it says this device isn't compatible. When I install it from the Galaxy App store, it tells me a new update is available and the new features are "Brand new UX" and when I press OK, it just closes the app. Is it just because the phone isn't officially released yet or is it a software issue? Thanks.
What Model number is it? Check via Samsung.Com. I did an unlocked Blue Coral which is SM-G965UZBAXAA

idksomuch

Mar 13, 2014
What Model number is it? Check via Samsung.Com. I did an unlocked Blue Coral which is SM-G965UZBAXAA
Mine is SMG965U1ZKAX. I ordered a T-Mobile Midnight Black S9+ From Samsung.com. Everything about it seems like it's an unlocked model. I don't even get the T-Mobile splash screen when I reboot the phone. If it really is the unlocked version, I'm guessing that model hasn't been updated to support Samsung Pay yet. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I got the unlocked version instead of the T-Mobile version.

idksomuch

Mar 13, 2014
I went back to my order receipt/emails and checked to make sure I even ordered the T-Mobile model. Turns out, it's the Unlocked model. I know for a fact I chose the T-Mobile option but I guess not. Was the Unlocked S8+ compatible with Samsung Pay?

ejohnnyk

Mar 5, 2009
Samsung Pay Troubles

I'm having the EXACT SAME ISSUE, but I'm on the unlocked U.S. version direct from Samsung on AT&T. It's been driving me crazy. Made the rounds on both AT&T's and Samsung's customer service phone lines and online chats. No help.

Any solution?

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Mine is SM-G965UZKAXAA.

nique0201

Dec 21, 2008
Cleveland
www.facebook.com
You guys probably have to wait for actually launch date I'm pretty sure this happened with the note 7... They don't push all updates unfortunately until launch dates for some services. So I'm sure within the next 3 days it'll be updated to support the unlocked variants

Big Dawg 23

Feb 13, 2008
Northfield
Turns out I do ha e the unlocked model. Haven't found a solution for samsung pay yet, though.
What doesn't work? My app launches and it allows me to sign in and add a card. I have not tried to use it as of yet. My phone is unlocked Coral Blue and has a Verizon SIM in it. I got the phone at 1030 and turned it on. About an 1 hour ago a update came. I didn't add Samsung Pay until after the update.

ratdog07067

Oct 12, 2010
I got my unlocked from Samsung S9+ delivered today (3/14). With a Verizon SIM I was able to add a card to Samsung Pay and use it successfully at Best Buy.

idksomuch

Mar 13, 2014
What doesn't work? My app launches and it allows me to sign in and add a card. I have not tried to use it as of yet. My phone is unlocked Coral Blue and has a Verizon SIM in it. I got the phone at 1030 and turned it on. About an 1 hour ago a update came. I didn't add Samsung Pay until after the update.
Here's a link to a screen shot I took of the issue. It says Not compatible. It only shows this if I download from the Play Store.
https://imgur.com/KPwoDl9

I get this when I install from Galaxy Apps. When I press the OK or Cancel button, the Samsung pay just force closes. There's no updates for Samsung Pay in the Galaxy App store or the Play Store either.
https://imgur.com/NtTBTZG

I did get a software update this morning which I installed, but Samsung Pay still gives me the same errors. I called Samsung Pay Support a few hours ago and the guy basically said it's a known issue with the S9 and S9+ and that there should be an update pushed out "Soon" that'll fix it. Other than a factory reset, I think my only option is to wait. I'd rather not reset my phone unless I absolutely have to because I hate getting things set up again, lol.

Edit: I should probably add, I can't even set up Samsung Pay. I get those error messages any time I try to launch the app.