Samsung Pay on Gear S3 in India

Search This thread

benki19

Mar 13, 2018

@prmah : Firstly, thanks for the link.
I managed to connect my Gear S3 with TizenStudio and configure CSC on it.
I changed the CSC to INU (this was the only code seen for India) and the watch was reset and the backup was restored.

But when I try to launch SPay through my phone, I get this message :
"Unable to continue using Samsung Pay. Your gear may not be supported.
If this does not apply to you, then send us an inquiry with more info about your problem."

Where have I gone wrong? Any solutions to get SPay to work?

TIA,

-benki

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
I changed the CSC to INU (this was the only code seen for India) and the watch was reset and the backup was restored

Are you really sure only INU was visible?
:confused:

Because if you move the bezel or swipe with your fingers...
You can scroll through 80 + CSC/Sales Code...

Maybe check again.

INU is India Sales Code

So INU is wrong.

Change INU in INU is NO change. ;)

Best Regards

benki19

Mar 13, 2018
Are you really sure only INU was visible?
:confused:

Because if you move the bezel or swipe with your fingers...
You can scroll through 80 + CSC/Sales Code...

Maybe check again.

INU is India Sales Code

So INU is wrong.

Change INU in INU is NO change. ;)

Best Regards

As stated, INU was the only code seen for INDIA (Among HFC, HYA, INA, IND, INU, IMS, REL, TAT, INS, I only saw INU in my Gear S3). As you mentioned, there were other codes too, but none were for INDIA!

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
Please correct me...

INU is still not enabled official for Samsung Pay...

So IMHO you have to change FROM INU TO something else. To enable Samsung Pay.

I suggest XAR... the US Sales Code...

There few other working Sales Code... but XAR should work... as """Joker/Wildcard/Master Key"""

Best Regards

benki19

Mar 13, 2018
Please correct me...

INU is still not enabled official for Samsung Pay...

So IMHO you have to change FROM INU TO something else. To enable Samsung Pay.

I suggest XAR... the US Sales Code...

There few other working Sales Code... but XAR should work... as """Joker/Wildcard/Master Key"""

Best Regards

It was XAR all along :) but US zip codes are 5 digits and thus, SPay did not accept any Indian credit cards as they need 6 digit zip codes to validate.
My problem was always to get SPay to accept Indian cards. And I do not see any other INDIAN CSC in the list :(

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22

prmah

Dec 25, 2014
New Delhi
I changed the CSC to INU (this was the only code seen for India) and the watch was reset and the backup was restored.

If this does not apply to you, then send us an inquiry with more info about your problem."

TIA,

-benki

U need to change CSC to XAR (Not INU). Also i was connect to US VPN.

Zip code: i ussed 12200 .... as i live in gurgaon and gurgaon's zip code is 122001 .. so with first five digit it worked.
i am able to add HDFC debit card and paid successfully with it. Check sceenshot

Last edited:

benki19

Mar 13, 2018
U need to change CSC to XAR (Not INU). Also i was connect to US VPN.

Zip code: i ussed 12200 .... as i live in gurgaon and gurgaon's zip code is 122001 .. so with first five digit it worked.
i am able to add HDFC debit card and paid successfully with it. Check sceenshot

Since the CSC was in XAR before, I'm stuck at square one. Also tried the first 5 digits of my zip code long ago, but didn't work on Galaxy S7 or Pixel 2.

ankushgautam

Mar 13, 2015

TIA,

-benki

can you please provide steps on how did you managed to change csc via tizen studio please

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

please provide step by step guide on how to use this method

benki19

Mar 13, 2018
can you please provide steps on how did you managed to change csc via tizen studio please

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Make sure to take a backup of your watch before proceeding.

-Connect your watch to your WiFi network (the same network that your computer is connected to) and note down the IP address.
-Now, open sdb.exe from your cmd prompt (sdb.exe is located in TizenCLI\tools).
-Type connect <IP address of your watch> and hit return
-The console will confirm that your watch is connected.

-Now, open device-manager.exe located in TizenCLI\tools\device-manager\bin
-You will see that your watch with the correct IP address is shown in the list.
-Right click on the connected device and open shell.
-Here, type the CSC pre-config command and the watch screen should now show you the various CSC codes supported.
-Once, you change it to your desired CSC code, it resets the watch and reboots it.

That's it :)

-benki

Reactions: ankushgautam

prmah

Dec 25, 2014
New Delhi

Pre-requisite:
1. Connect ur PC and Watch to same wifi and get ipaddress of ur watch.
2. Connect any US VPN (Not sure if it is required, but i was connected to US VPN while doing it)

Steps to change CSC to XAR:
Install Tizen studio -> Launch Tizen studio device manager -> Then Remote device manager -> add new connection with ip address of ur watch -> after connecting, right click -> launch shell -> in shell enter "launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration"

now u will see csc selection app on ur watch change it to XAR.

Done, now watch will reset and few updates will happen in gear app.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Since the CSC was in XAR before, I'm stuck at square one. Also tried the first 5 digits of my zip code long ago, but didn't work on Galaxy S7 or Pixel 2.

I read it somewhere ZIP codes are not working with tizen 2 but now it is working with tizen 3

Last edited:
Reactions: ankushgautam

ankushgautam

Mar 13, 2015
Make sure to take a backup of your watch before proceeding.

-Connect your watch to your WiFi network (the same network that your computer is connected to) and note down the IP address.
-Now, open sdb.exe from your cmd prompt (sdb.exe is located in TizenCLI\tools).
-Type connect <IP address of your watch> and hit return
-The console will confirm that your watch is connected.

-Now, open device-manager.exe located in TizenCLI\tools\device-manager\bin
-You will see that your watch with the correct IP address is shown in the list.
-Right click on the connected device and open shell.
-Here, type the CSC pre-config command and the watch screen should now show you the various CSC codes supported.
-Once, you change it to your desired CSC code, it resets the watch and reboots it.

That's it :)

-benki

Thanks a a lot..added my sbi nd icici debit card successfully..

benki19

Mar 13, 2018
Thanks a a lot..added my sbi nd icici debit card successfully..

Glad it worked for you :) I'm guessing you input the first 5 digits of your zip code for both cards, right? I'm stuck with a message saying both my SBI credit (VISA) or debit (RUPAY) cards are not supported!
Is it just the zip codes, or something else that's keeping it from adding? :confused:

ankushgautam

Mar 13, 2015
Glad it worked for you :) I'm guessing you input the first 5 digits of your zip code for both cards, right? I'm stuck with a message saying both my SBI credit (VISA) or debit (RUPAY) cards are not supported!
Is it just the zip codes, or something else that's keeping it from adding? :confused:

My hdfc rupay card got rejected but sbi nd icici were added in 1st go..both are visa debit cards..i added last 5 digits of my pin code.. omitted the 1st digit..i googled last 5 digits of my pincode i.e. 75002 nd it came out to be of some place in usa...lol

benki19

Mar 13, 2018
Pre-requisite:
1. Connect ur PC and Watch to same wifi and get ipaddress of ur watch.
2. Connect any US VPN (Not sure if it is required, but i was connected to US VPN while doing it)

Steps to change CSC to XAR:
Install Tizen studio -> Launch Tizen studio device manager -> Then Remote device manager -> add new connection with ip address of ur watch -> after connecting, right click -> launch shell -> in shell enter "launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration"

now u will see csc selection app on ur watch change it to XAR.

Done, now watch will reset and few updates will happen in gear app.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

I read it somewhere ZIP codes are not working with tizen 2 but now it is working with tizen 3

As mentioned in my earlier posts, I have Tizen 3.0.0.1, XAR CSC and an international credit card already in SPay. Still stuck with SBI cards :(

benki19

Mar 13, 2018
What exact problem are you facing with sbi card?? By the way..used spay for 1st tym on old pos machine today and it worked like a charm...

I used SBI SimplySave Visa credit card and SBI Classic Rupay debit card (both of which are compatible with SPay according to SBI compatibility list) and get a message saying 'Your card issuer does not support this card for Samsung Pay yet' and provides a link to view currently supported card issuers.
I tried all possible combinations for zip code. CSC is XAR since the beginning and all softwares are updated to the latest.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks! I was also successful after updating to tizen 3.

I dont get a paytm option. Do you know if it is supported via Gear S3?

@rollercoastervj Congratulations! Go ahead and make your first payment now! Payment convenience right on your wrist now! :good:

As about the Paytm option in Samsung Pay for Gear S3, as of now, there is no option to add the paytm wallet to the Samsung Pay for Gear S3. Also the Paytm Debit Card is also not supported as of yet. We will have to wait for the official Paytm Support. Till then enjoy paying with the wide range of supported debit and credit cards. Cheers! :)

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I bought my Gear S3 in India. I want to change the country code so that Samsung Pay is enabled on my watch.
    My Gear S3 verson is SM-R760

Okay so now you can use the following convenient (no flashing required) method to get Samsung Pay on your Gear S3 (credits to @detjoe @prmah @adfree and all others who helped in this).

Pre-requisite :-
    1. Install Tizen Studio on you PC.
    2. Connect your PC and Watch to same wifi and get IP address of your watch.
    3. Connect to any US VPN (Not necessary but do it if possible)

Steps to change CSC to "XAR":
    Open Tizen studio device manager -> Then click on Remote device manager -> Add new connection with the IP address of your Gear S3 watch -> After connection is established, right click on Gear S3 from "list of connected devices" -> click on "launch shell" -> In shell enter "launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration"

Now a CSC selection screen will open automatically on your watch. Change the region to XAR. That's all.

Now, the watch will reset and a few updates will happen in the gear app on your phone.
    After all the updates are complete on your watch and the Gear app on your phone, you will see the Samsung Pay option in the Gear S3 app menu and also in the Gear app on your phone.

Also, make sure to update to Tizen v3.0 before trying to add payment options and entering zip codes. Use any five digit US zip code when asked for while trying to add payment cards to Samsung Pay. Google for zip codes to confirm.

Add your cards and you are ready to pay! Cheers! :highfive::cowboy::cool:

Hit the thanks button if this helps. Good luck! :)

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

will samsung pay works on s3 classic version?? becoz in my s3 classic SP not installed.

@dxavinash Yes, Samsung Pay should work on the Gear S3 Classic Version. Samsung Pay is not officialy supported in India on the Gear S3 yet. But you can use the above method to get Samsung Pay on either of the watches, the Gear S3 Frontier or Classic.

Hit the thanks button if this helps. Good luck! :good: :)
    Samsung Pay is officially announced in India and works on selected Galaxy Devices. I got my Gear S3 frontier from US and decided to try Samsung Pay on my watch. To my surprise, Samsung Pay on Gear S3 works perfectly fine and accepts Indian Card. I tried HDFC Debit Card and my friends's ICICI Bank Credit Card and it works perfectly fine. Samsung Pay is working with some POI's with Gear S3 and for other POI's , the machine says International Card not supported.

I guess the International card not supported error will go once Samsung officially updates Samsung Pay app for Gear to work with Indian Cards.

Update (04/07/2016): The update to Samsung Pay for Gear app (Version: 1.3.1703) , now doesn't works on rooted devices. In other words rooting your device will break Samsung Pay. If credit/debit card is already (using older version of app) added then still payments can be made with watch.

Update (23/11/2017): @adfree @Quick Silver, @aslam4580 have found a new method to run Spay on Gear S3 (any region). The method is tested and is working for many users. Head over to post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74602496&postcount=290 for instructions.

New cards can't be added on rooted devices

DON'T UPDATE SAMSUNG PAY APP FOR GEAR IF YOU WANT TO USE SPAY ON ROOTED DEVICES

Workaround: Use magisk hide to continue using spay app on rooted devices.

Mode Edit: Link Removed.
    Only 1 Whatsapp group is allowed per section, HERE is the Whatsapp group for this section.

Images Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zZmwzKKkAHdEpMbGFYSFV1VXM
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zZmwzKKkAHbmRkejdfY1hzRTQ
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zZmwzKKkAHbHRQWTVQbnVYZjQ
    So did you change csc to US, install Samsung Pay and then change back CSC to Canada? Or not need to?

No need to change back to Canadian CSC. There are only a few versions. Multi (Canada/India/Etc) and then US/UK/AUS.

Set it to US and then that's it. If you go to change it back afterwards, then it will just wipe Samsung Pay from the device when you go to set it up.

Got the same problem. Did the tricks more than 50 times and no hope. Just sent back to samsung customer service to reflash firmware.
    Do pavan know how to extract apk ?

Yup bro, my Speeds a Little slow I'll upload them , it'll take some time !!