Samsung Pay on Gear S3 in India

Search This thread

benki19

Mar 13, 2018
I know CRC3 only since few hours public online for XAR... US.

For you any difference between Tizen 3.0.0.1 (IMHO CQL1) and the new Tizen 3.0.0.2 (CRC3)?

Samsung update in Firmware Samsung Pay App... so maybe more Support or more Problems...
maybe more Cards added...

Sorry, no idea. :eek:

Best Regards

I'm yet to test the improvements mentioned in the update. However, my problem with SPay still remains :(

kunal2998

Sep 30, 2010
Pune
Dear all,
I have been using samsung pay on gear S3 frontier and on my note 8 also in India. I found out that reward points of gear s3 are in USD as we have changed the region to US so that samsung pay works in gear s3 while the reward points on my note are in Rupees. My question is what can we do with Gear S3 reward points as we in India and there is no point buying any USD rate products.

Suggest if anyone faced such issue in india.

Jul 19, 2010
Hi friends, I used the method described here and samsung pay is enabled.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74602496&postcount=290

I used the code XAR

However I am not able to add any card on my phone. I have ICICI cards (Coral Debit and Instant Credit cards).

It always says: Failed to register your card. Please try later.

The Add Card screen also has a Postcode box which I just fill with 00000

I was so happy once samsung pay showed up but without adding cards it is useless :( Help please?

I have Indian Samsung Gear S3 Frontier SM-R760, Phone is OnePlus 5, Language chosen on Gear is English US

UPDATE: Works fine after updating watch to Tizen v3.0.0.1

Last edited:

vraj07

Feb 5, 2015
Hi friends, I used the method described here and samsung pay is enabled.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74602496&postcount=290

I used the code XAR

However I am not able to add any card on my phone. I have ICICI cards (Coral Debit and Instant Credit cards).

It always says: Failed to register your card. Please try later.

The Add Card screen also has a Postcode box which I just fill with 00000

I was so happy once samsung pay showed up but without adding cards it is useless :( Help please?

I have Indian Samsung Gear S3 Frontier SM-R760, Phone is OnePlus 5, Language chosen on Gear is English US

First of all, congratulations on being able to get the S Pay on your Gear S3. Now, to add cards, all you need to do is enter you card info and provide a zip/postcode. You may use any five digit us postal zip code (example - 10036). You may omit the first or last digit of your own indian zip code and it may work too. us postal/zip codes are usually five digits long, so a five digit long zip code will mostly work for the Postcode/Zip box.

Try this and let me know. Hit the thanks button if this helps. Good luck! :)

Reactions: rollercoastervj
Jul 19, 2010
First of all, congratulations on being able to get the S Pay on your Gear S3. Now, to add cards, all you need to do is enter you card info and provide a zip/postcode. You may use any five digit us postal zip code (example - 10036). You may omit the first or last digit of your own indian zip code and it may work too. us postal/zip codes are usually five digits long, so a five digit long zip code will mostly work for the Postcode/Zip box.

Yes, I am doing exactly that and it tries to add the card then shows the mentioned error message.

vraj07

Feb 5, 2015
I tried 10010, 00000 and a few random ones.. Now I am updating the watch to Tizen v3 and will try again after that.

Okay. Do NOT use the zip/postcode 00000. It will not work with that mostly. Use 10034 or anything similar. Google the code you are using to confirm if its a US Zip code or not. Also, make sure your Gear S3 is updated to Tizen version 3.0.0.2 before trying again.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I tried 10010, 00000 and a few random ones.. Now I am updating the watch to Tizen v3 and will try again after that.

I just went ahead and added an ICICI Bank Debit Card and I can confirm its getting added successfully without any issues.

Reactions: rollercoastervj
Jul 19, 2010
Okay. Do NOT use the zip/postcode 00000. It will not work with that mostly. Use 10034 or anything similar. Google the code you are using to confirm if its a US Zip code or not. Also, make sure your Gear S3 is updated to Tizen version 3.0.0.2 before trying again.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I just went ahead and added an ICICI Bank Debit Card and I can confirm its getting added successfully without any issues.

Thanks! I was also successful after updating to tizen 3.

I dont get a paytm option. Do you know if it is supported via Gear S3?

Last edited:

vraj07

Feb 5, 2015

@rollercoastervj Congratulations! Go ahead and make your first payment now! Payment convenience right on your wrist now! :good:

As about the Paytm option in Samsung Pay for Gear S3, as of now, there is no option to add the paytm wallet to the Samsung Pay for Gear S3. Also the Paytm Debit Card is also not supported as of yet. We will have to wait for the official Paytm Support. Till then enjoy paying with the wide range of supported debit and credit cards. Cheers! :)

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I bought my Gear S3 in India. I want to change the country code so that Samsung Pay is enabled on my watch.
My Gear S3 verson is SM-R760

Okay so now you can use the following convenient (no flashing required) method to get Samsung Pay on your Gear S3 (credits to @detjoe @prmah @adfree and all others who helped in this).

Pre-requisite :-
1. Install Tizen Studio on you PC.
2. Connect your PC and Watch to same wifi and get IP address of your watch.
3. Connect to any US VPN (Not necessary but do it if possible)

Steps to change CSC to "XAR":
Open Tizen studio device manager -> Then click on Remote device manager -> Add new connection with the IP address of your Gear S3 watch -> After connection is established, right click on Gear S3 from "list of connected devices" -> click on "launch shell" -> In shell enter "launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration"

Now a CSC selection screen will open automatically on your watch. Change the region to XAR. That's all.

Now, the watch will reset and a few updates will happen in the gear app on your phone.
After all the updates are complete on your watch and the Gear app on your phone, you will see the Samsung Pay option in the Gear S3 app menu and also in the Gear app on your phone.

Also, make sure to update to Tizen v3.0 before trying to add payment options and entering zip codes. Use any five digit US zip code when asked for while trying to add payment cards to Samsung Pay. Google for zip codes to confirm.

Add your cards and you are ready to pay! Cheers! :highfive::cowboy::cool:

Hit the thanks button if this helps. Good luck! :)

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

will samsung pay works on s3 classic version?? becoz in my s3 classic SP not installed.

@dxavinash Yes, Samsung Pay should work on the Gear S3 Classic Version. Samsung Pay is not officialy supported in India on the Gear S3 yet. But you can use the above method to get Samsung Pay on either of the watches, the Gear S3 Frontier or Classic.

Hit the thanks button if this helps. Good luck! :good: :)

Oct 31, 2015
@rollercoastervj Congratulations! Go ahead and make your first payment now! Payment convenience right on your wrist now! :good:

As about the Paytm option in Samsung Pay for Gear S3, as of now, there is no option to add the paytm wallet to the Samsung Pay for Gear S3. Also the Paytm Debit Card is also not supported as of yet. We will have to wait for the official Paytm Support. Till then enjoy paying with the wide range of supported debit and credit cards. Cheers! :)

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Okay so now you can use the following convenient (no flashing required) method to get Samsung Pay on your Gear S3 (credits to @detjoe @prmah @adfree and all others who helped in this).

Open Tizen studio device manager -> Then click on Remote device manager -> Add new connection with the IP address of your Gear S3 watch -> After connection is established, right click on Gear S3 from "list of connected devices" -> click on "launch shell" -> In shell enter "launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration"

Now a CSC selection screen will open automatically on your watch. Change the region to XAR. That's all.

Now, the watch will reset and a few updates will happen in the gear app on your phone.
After all the updates are complete on your watch and the Gear app on your phone, you will see the Samsung Pay option in the Gear S3 app menu and also in the Gear app on your phone.

Also, make sure to update to Tizen v3.0 before trying to add payment options and entering zip codes. Use any five digit US zip code when asked for while trying to add payment cards to Samsung Pay. Google for zip codes to confirm.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

@dxavinash Yes, Samsung Pay should work on the Gear S3 Classic Version. Samsung Pay is not officialy supported in India on the Gear S3 yet. But you can use the above method to get Samsung Pay on either of the watches, the Gear S3 Frontier or Classic.

Thank you for your support. Samsung pay is now installed on my watch and my gear app. There is just one more issue, when i try to add a card, and enter all my details, the post code option which guess is for pin code allows only 5 characters to be inserted, and our pin code is of 6 characters, so how should i proceed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I bought my Gear S3 in India. I want to change the country code so that Samsung Pay is enabled on my watch.
    My Gear S3 verson is SM-R760

will samsung pay works on s3 classic version?? becoz in my s3 classic SP not installed.

Samsung Pay is officially announced in India and works on selected Galaxy Devices. I got my Gear S3 frontier from US and decided to try Samsung Pay on my watch. To my surprise, Samsung Pay on Gear S3 works perfectly fine and accepts Indian Card. I tried HDFC Debit Card and my friends's ICICI Bank Credit Card and it works perfectly fine. Samsung Pay is working with some POI's with Gear S3 and for other POI's , the machine says International Card not supported.

I guess the International card not supported error will go once Samsung officially updates Samsung Pay app for Gear to work with Indian Cards.

Update (04/07/2016): The update to Samsung Pay for Gear app (Version: 1.3.1703) , now doesn't works on rooted devices. In other words rooting your device will break Samsung Pay. If credit/debit card is already (using older version of app) added then still payments can be made with watch.

Update (23/11/2017): @adfree @Quick Silver, @aslam4580 have found a new method to run Spay on Gear S3 (any region). The method is tested and is working for many users. Head over to post https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74602496&postcount=290 for instructions.

New cards can't be added on rooted devices

DON'T UPDATE SAMSUNG PAY APP FOR GEAR IF YOU WANT TO USE SPAY ON ROOTED DEVICES

Workaround: Use magisk hide to continue using spay app on rooted devices.

Mode Edit: Link Removed.
    Only 1 Whatsapp group is allowed per section, HERE is the Whatsapp group for this section.

Images Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zZmwzKKkAHdEpMbGFYSFV1VXM
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zZmwzKKkAHbmRkejdfY1hzRTQ
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zZmwzKKkAHbHRQWTVQbnVYZjQ
    So did you change csc to US, install Samsung Pay and then change back CSC to Canada? Or not need to?

No need to change back to Canadian CSC. There are only a few versions. Multi (Canada/India/Etc) and then US/UK/AUS.

Set it to US and then that's it. If you go to change it back afterwards, then it will just wipe Samsung Pay from the device when you go to set it up.

Got the same problem. Did the tricks more than 50 times and no hope. Just sent back to samsung customer service to reflash firmware.
    Do pavan know how to extract apk ?

Yup bro, my Speeds a Little slow I'll upload them , it'll take some time !!