Samsung Pay on Gear S3 in India

Search This thread

vraj07

Feb 5, 2015
@rollercoastervj Congratulations! Go ahead and make your first payment now! Payment convenience right on your wrist now! :good:

As about the Paytm option in Samsung Pay for Gear S3, as of now, there is no option to add the paytm wallet to the Samsung Pay for Gear S3. Also the Paytm Debit Card is also not supported as of yet. We will have to wait for the official Paytm Support. Till then enjoy paying with the wide range of supported debit and credit cards. Cheers! :)

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Thank you for your support. Samsung pay is now installed on my watch and my gear app. There is just one more issue, when i try to add a card, and enter all my details, the post code option which guess is for pin code allows only 5 characters to be inserted, and our pin code is of 6 characters, so how should i proceed?

First of all, congratulations on being able to get the S Pay on your Gear S3. Now, to add cards, all you need to do is enter your card info and provide a zip/postcode. You may use any five digit US postal zip code (example - 10036). You may omit the first or last digit of your own indian zip code and it may work too. US postal/zip codes are usually five digits long, so a five digit long zip code will mostly work for the Postcode/Zip box.

Do NOT use the zip/postcode 00000. It will not work with that mostly. Use 10034 or anything similar. You may Google the post code you are using to confirm if it is a valid US Zip code or not. Also, make sure your Gear S3 is updated to Tizen version 3.0.0.2 before trying again.

Try this and let me know. Hit the thanks button if this helps. Good luck! :good: :)

Reactions: Chaitanya Ojha
Oct 31, 2015
First of all, congratulations on being able to get the S Pay on your Gear S3. Now, to add cards, all you need to do is enter your card info and provide a zip/postcode. You may use any five digit US postal zip code (example - 10036). You may omit the first or last digit of your own indian zip code and it may work too. US postal/zip codes are usually five digits long, so a five digit long zip code will mostly work for the Postcode/Zip box.

Do NOT use the zip/postcode 00000. It will not work with that mostly. Use 10034 or anything similar. You may Google the post code you are using to confirm if it is a valid US Zip code or not. Also, make sure your Gear S3 is updated to Tizen version 3.0.0.2 before trying again.

Try this and let me know. Hit the thanks button if this helps. Good luck! :good: :)

Well, I just used my actual pin code. I just edited and removed the first character. It worked, and now the card is added.

Thank You for your help kind sir!
:good: :p :angel:

abu46

Dec 7, 2011
@rollercoastervj Congratulations! Go ahead and make your first payment now! Payment convenience right on your wrist now! :good:

As about the Paytm option in Samsung Pay for Gear S3, as of now, there is no option to add the paytm wallet to the Samsung Pay for Gear S3. Also the Paytm Debit Card is also not supported as of yet. We will have to wait for the official Paytm Support. Till then enjoy paying with the wide range of supported debit and credit cards. Cheers! :)

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Okay so now you can use the following convenient (no flashing required) method to get Samsung Pay on your Gear S3 (credits to @detjoe @prmah @adfree and all others who helped in this).

Pre-requisite :-
1. Install Tizen Studio on you PC.
2. Connect your PC and Watch to same wifi and get IP address of your watch.
3. Connect to any US VPN (Not necessary but do it if possible)

Steps to change CSC to "XAR":
Open Tizen studio device manager -> Then click on Remote device manager -> Add new connection with the IP address of your Gear S3 watch -> After connection is established, right click on Gear S3 from "list of connected devices" -> click on "launch shell" -> In shell enter "launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration"

Now a CSC selection screen will open automatically on your watch. Change the region to XAR. That's all.

Now, the watch will reset and a few updates will happen in the gear app on your phone.
After all the updates are complete on your watch and the Gear app on your phone, you will see the Samsung Pay option in the Gear S3 app menu and also in the Gear app on your phone.

Also, make sure to update to Tizen v3.0 before trying to add payment options and entering zip codes. Use any five digit US zip code when asked for while trying to add payment cards to Samsung Pay. Google for zip codes to confirm.

Add your cards and you are ready to pay! Cheers! :highfive::cowboy::cool:

Hit the thanks button if this helps. Good luck! :)

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

@dxavinash Yes, Samsung Pay should work on the Gear S3 Classic Version. Samsung Pay is not officialy supported in India on the Gear S3 yet. But you can use the above method to get Samsung Pay on either of the watches, the Gear S3 Frontier or Classic.

Hit the thanks button if this helps. Good luck! :good: :)

This is the easiest method to change CSC and enable Samsung pay on the Indian version. Followed the steps to the word and successfully enabled pay and was able to add the card. Thanks a ton bro!!

dxavinash

Jul 31, 2012
Delhi

Okay so now you can use the following convenient (no flashing required) method to get Samsung Pay on your Gear S3 (credits to @detjoe @prmah @adfree and all others who helped in this).

Open Tizen studio device manager -> Then click on Remote device manager -> Add new connection with the IP address of your Gear S3 watch -> After connection is established, right click on Gear S3 from "list of connected devices" -> click on "launch shell" -> In shell enter "launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-configuration"

Now a CSC selection screen will open automatically on your watch. Change the region to XAR. That's all.

Now, the watch will reset and a few updates will happen in the gear app on your phone.
After all the updates are complete on your watch and the Gear app on your phone, you will see the Samsung Pay option in the Gear S3 app menu and also in the Gear app on your phone.

Also, make sure to update to Tizen v3.0 before trying to add payment options and entering zip codes. Use any five digit US zip code when asked for while trying to add payment cards to Samsung Pay. Google for zip codes to confirm.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

@dxavinash Yes, Samsung Pay should work on the Gear S3 Classic Version. Samsung Pay is not officialy supported in India on the Gear S3 yet. But you can use the above method to get Samsung Pay on either of the watches, the Gear S3 Frontier or Classic.
Confirmed working on my gear s3 classic.
Confirmed working on gear s3 classic by this method.

Leon_only_one

Jan 14, 2017
Hello, I am sorry to ask this, because probably somebody already ask this, but is they some instructions on how to do this on SM-R760, with links on what I need to download (because I am new to this). Step by step would be perfect. If somebody could help

Leon_only_one

Jan 14, 2017

Can you pleas explain to me how to conect my gear s3 with pc over wi fi, beacuse i get my ip from watch and when i went to add device and write the name and ip adrress, it show me error when i try to conect it, is there something els that I need to do

vraj07

Feb 5, 2015

Can you pleas explain to me how to conect my gear s3 with pc over wi fi, beacuse i get my ip from watch and when i went to add device and write the name and ip adrress, it show me error when i try to conect it, is there something els that I need to do

You need to be connected to the same wifi network on PC as well as the gear s3 watch. One important thing to take care is to connect both to the same frequency of the wifi too, i.e. 2.4 Ghz (in case you have a dual band wifi router). Else the watch might not be detected by the PC. So double check the wifi frequency with which your watch and PC are connected and make sure it is the 2.4Ghz frequency they are connected to.

Hit the thanks button if this helps. Good luck! :) :good:

rockeydilip

Sep 10, 2012
New Delhi
dilipmeena.webs.com
Also Working with Gear Sport. S-Pay

santho123

Sep 23, 2018

currently i am in latest Tizon os . i have changed to XAR but still not seeing spay kinldy help

vraj07

Feb 5, 2015
currently i am in latest Tizon os . i have changed to XAR but still not seeing spay kinldy help

Hi, did you follow all the steps properly? Can you confirm the Tizen Version number running on your Gear? Also, take note that after completing all the steps, it does take a while and few updates on the watch and the gear app on the phone before S Pay shows up in the watch app menu.

Try this and let me know. Hit the thanks button if this helps. All the best. :):good:

santho123

Sep 23, 2018
thanks for the reply, when i try to add citi bank it asking zipcode . kindy conform how to citi bank credit card . any of one successfully add citi bank credit card ?

vraj07

Feb 5, 2015
thanks for the reply, when i try to add citi bank it asking zipcode . kindy conform how to citi bank credit card . any of one successfully add citi bank credit card ?

First of all, congratulations on being able to get the S Pay on your Gear S3. Now, to add cards, all you need to do is enter you card info and provide a zip/postcode. You may use any five digit us postal zip code (example - 10036). You may omit the first or last digit of your own indian zip code and it may work too. us postal/zip codes are usually five digits long, so a five digit long zip code will mostly work for the Postcode/Zip box. Do NOT use the zip/postcode 00000. It will not work with that mostly. Use 10034 or anything similar. Google the code you are using to confirm if its a US Zip code or not. Also, make sure your Gear S3 is updated to Tizen version 3 before trying again.

Oct 15, 2018
Not able to connect to gear S3 from device manager

Hi
I have installed the tizen studio but when i try to connect my watch from the device manager it gives an error and is not able to detect the watch. I have confirmed that both the pc and watch are connected to the same wi-fi network.

i am getting the error

error: failed to connect to remote target <ipaddress>
- this remote device is already connected to other one
- this remote device is running on a non standard port
- there is no IP address, please check the physical connection

Do I need to install any additional items from the package manager for Tizen Studio as currently i have only done the default installation and not selected any other packages.

view

Last edited:

leepriestenator

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 25, 2006
The problem right now is with the 5 digit zip code vs. the Indian 6 digit pincode.

ICICI and Standard Chartered Bank Cards have worked so far even with the wrong Pincode, but Citibank refuses to work. Citi probably uses the Pincode information as well to verify card hence the problem in adding it. Talked to the call center - they said they couldn't do anything if the app only allows 5 digits instead of 6 for the pincode.

Any workarounds? Any country that fully supports Spay that also has a 6 digit zipcode system?

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Countries with 6 digit postal codes - Let's hope at least one of these countries support SPAY on the Gear S3

Belarus
China
Columbia
Ecuador
Russia
Romania
Singapore
Trinidad & Tobago
Uzbekistan
Vietnam

leepriestenator

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 25, 2006
The problem right now is with the 5 digit zip code vs. the Indian 6 digit pincode.

ICICI and Standard Chartered Bank Cards have worked so far even with the wrong Pincode, but Citibank refuses to work. Citi probably uses the Pincode information as well to verify card hence the problem in adding it. Talked to the call center - they said they couldn't do anything if the app only allows 5 digits instead of 6 for the pincode.

Any workarounds? Any country that fully supports Spay that also has a 6 digit zipcode system?

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Countries with 6 digit postal codes - Let's hope at least one of these countries support SPAY on the Gear S3

Belarus
China
Columbia
Ecuador
Russia
Romania
Singapore
Trinidad & Tobago
Uzbekistan
Vietnam

Bumping this up to the top. Anyone have any luck with this?

Jul 20, 2012
Mysore
Knox tripped

This is the method I used to change the CSC code on my SM-R760 to an Australian code with a view to setting up Samsung Pay. It took a little hunting around the forums to find all of the information, plus I ran into a few things while I was doing it that didn't seemed to be mentioned elsewhere so I thought I would summarise it all below for us noobs.

All credit to the experts, in particular @adfree

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
------------------------
NetOdin3
https://xdaforums.com/gear-s3/development/rom-samsung-gear-s3-sm-r760-t3588062

Combination Firmware
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74600026&postcount=26

Your current stock firmware (in my instance, R760XXU2BQC5)
https://xdaforums.com/gear-s3/development/rom-samsung-gear-s3-sm-r760-t3588062

Your CSC code
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=787163

A PC with a WiFi connection

INSTRUCTIONS:
----------------

1. Check reactivation lock is off
- On your phone, go to Samsung Gear App
- Go to Setttings Tab, choose "Find my Gear"
- Make sure Reactivation Lock is off

2. Connect your watch to your PC
- Hold down the home/power button until you see the "rebooting" screen
- Release the home/power button then quickly press it three times to bring up the boot menu
- Quick press the home/power button to cycle through the menu to "Download (wireless)"
- Long press the home/button to confirm the menu selection
- The phone will then go into WPS mode
- Double press the home/power button to change to AP mode
- On your PC, enable WiFi and connect to the access point on you watch.
NOTE: Until you successfully connect to NetOdin, your watch may display red text stating "Connection Timeout" - this is OK
- Open up NetOdin. You should now be connected to your watch (you should see the IP in the NetOdin window and "Connected to xx.xx.xx.xx" on your watch face.
NOTE: I had to disable Windows Defender public firewall temporarily for NetOdin to work properly

3. Flash combination firmware
- Load the unzipped .tar.md5 file into the "AP" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking then click "Start". This should take about 10 minutes to complete after clicking "Start".
NOTE: I had left "Automatic reboot" ticked in Odin, so once it completed the watch restarted. No issue, except had to go through step 2 to reconnect the watch to the PC before proceeding to the next step

4. Flash CSC file from stock firmware
- Load the unzipped CSC_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "CSC" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking then click "Start". This should take about 1-2 minutes to complete after clicking "Start".

5. Factory reset
- In your Gear, go to Settings > Gear Info > Reset Gear > Confirm
NOTE: I got a warning at this stage that Reactivation Lock was on. Don't know why I got this message as I had definitely turned it off in step 1. I ignored it (no guts, no glory!) and was fine. Your mileage may vary

6. Set CSC code
- In the Gear, go to the Tizen Keystring app
NOTE: screenshots of what your interface will look like https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74591475&postcount=13)
- Type in the following code exactly: *#272*719434266344#
- You will be taken to a list of CSC codes that you can scroll through. Find the code you want to change to and select it. I used "XSA".

7. Reflash complete current stock ROM
- Load the unzipped CSC_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "CSC" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking.
- Load the unzipped AP_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "AP" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking.
- Load the unzipped BL_xxx.tar.md5 file into the "BL" box of NetOdin, wait for it to finish checking.
- Click "Start". This should take about 15 minutes to complete after clicking "OK".

You are done!

After this, my Gear picked up the OTA update to Tizen 3.0.0.1

So after all of this effort, NAB doesn't currently support Samsung Pay, so I can't 100% confirm this will work, but everything I've read says it should.

I got Gear S3 delivered from Amazon yesterday in India since I was desperate about SPay I tried and followed above method to change CSC and enable SPay. Everything went smooth but now it says "unauthorized modifications have been made to this device". I guess Knox has been tripped. I don't know how, But Samsung Health is working fine.

Now I have requested for a replacement of the same device from Amazon. Can anybody let me know the safest method to enable spay on Indian Gear Device?

• Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier

• Was in Tizen 3 and got updated to Tizen 4 after combi flash and CSC change.

• Gear Model: R760.

Can anybody let me know the safest method to enable spay on Indian Gear Device?

aman6671

Jul 20, 2014
I got Gear S3 delivered from Amazon yesterday in India since I was desperate about SPay I tried and followed above method to change CSC and enable SPay. Everything went smooth but now it says "unauthorized modifications have been made to this device". I guess Knox has been tripped. I don't know how, But Samsung Health is working fine.

Now I have requested for a replacement of the same device from Amazon. Can anybody let me know the safest method to enable spay on Indian Gear Device?

• Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier

• Was in Tizen 3 and got updated to Tizen 4 after combi flash and CSC change.

• Gear Model: R760.

Can anybody let me know the safest method to enable spay on Indian Gear Device?
I am also thinking to buy Gear S3 frontier, kindly let me know if you manage to make Spay work on your Gear S3

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks! I was also successful after updating to tizen 3.

I dont get a paytm option. Do you know if it is supported via Gear S3?

I bought my Gear S3 in India. I want to change the country code so that Samsung Pay is enabled on my watch.
    My Gear S3 verson is SM-R760

will samsung pay works on s3 classic version?? becoz in my s3 classic SP not installed.

Samsung Pay is officially announced in India and works on selected Galaxy Devices. I got my Gear S3 frontier from US and decided to try Samsung Pay on my watch. To my surprise, Samsung Pay on Gear S3 works perfectly fine and accepts Indian Card. I tried HDFC Debit Card and my friends's ICICI Bank Credit Card and it works perfectly fine. Samsung Pay is working with some POI's with Gear S3 and for other POI's , the machine says International Card not supported.

I guess the International card not supported error will go once Samsung officially updates Samsung Pay app for Gear to work with Indian Cards.

Update (04/07/2016): The update to Samsung Pay for Gear app (Version: 1.3.1703) , now doesn't works on rooted devices. In other words rooting your device will break Samsung Pay. If credit/debit card is already (using older version of app) added then still payments can be made with watch.

Update (23/11/2017): @adfree @Quick Silver, @aslam4580 have found a new method to run Spay on Gear S3 (any region). The method is tested and is working for many users. Head over to post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74602496&postcount=290 for instructions.

New cards can't be added on rooted devices

DON'T UPDATE SAMSUNG PAY APP FOR GEAR IF YOU WANT TO USE SPAY ON ROOTED DEVICES

Workaround: Use magisk hide to continue using spay app on rooted devices.

Mode Edit: Link Removed.
    Only 1 Whatsapp group is allowed per section, HERE is the Whatsapp group for this section.

Images Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zZmwzKKkAHdEpMbGFYSFV1VXM
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zZmwzKKkAHbmRkejdfY1hzRTQ
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zZmwzKKkAHbHRQWTVQbnVYZjQ
    So did you change csc to US, install Samsung Pay and then change back CSC to Canada? Or not need to?

No need to change back to Canadian CSC. There are only a few versions. Multi (Canada/India/Etc) and then US/UK/AUS.

Set it to US and then that's it. If you go to change it back afterwards, then it will just wipe Samsung Pay from the device when you go to set it up.

Got the same problem. Did the tricks more than 50 times and no hope. Just sent back to samsung customer service to reflash firmware.
    Do pavan know how to extract apk ?

Yup bro, my Speeds a Little slow I'll upload them , it'll take some time !!