• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Samsung pay with a root Samsung

Search This thread
Hi,
I have one root Z flip 3 and I can pair it without problems with my galaxy watch 4, the problem is when I try to add one card to samsung pay through the Watch plug in, whenever i try to do all works fine until the last moment when the watch disconnect from the phone. I have tried this with other phones and with my own Z flip without root and It works.

Maybe, someone in the forum have found a way to make it work.

Thank you.

Samsung Pay is secured by Knox.

Yes I know but i want to use samsung pay on the watch not in the phone, i was able to use it with knox tripped but not when magisk is installed.

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Samsung Galaxy S20
Ive used Samsung Pay on my Pixel 2XL for over 6 months now using my Active 2, until i just swapped to the Watch 4 and can use Google Pay easily, yay

How i setup Samsung Pay (using Active 2) :

* Magisk (i still prefer older Magisk - Alpha 31 to be exact - last build before John started removing MagiskHide etc - and yes it stillworks on Android 12)
* MagiskHide Enabled - checked to pass SafetyNet
* Rename Magisk app (from settings)
* Tick apps in MagiskHide: All Samsung related apps, including watch plugins

Added modules after the above:

* Riru
* Riru-MomoHider (my mod to add all 4config options - note later Magisk builds may or not allow Riru, and if they do, some may not allow all Riru-MomoHider config options - best to check in main Magisk thread if you use the latest/bleeding edge)

The Riru/Riru-MomoHide setup will give you greater process isolation than MagiskHide itself....

Attached:

*Magisk - Alpha 31 (apk, you can sideload this apk from TWRP, TWRP doesnt care its not named as a zip, only its content- sideload apk, reboot then install the apk, as the flashed apk only installs the stub Magisk Manager, and you dont want it grabbing the latest Magisk Manager from the interwebs at the moment...)
*Riru (Riru must be installed first, and a reboot performed before adding Riru-Momohider)
*Riru-MomoHider (my mod with 4 config options set at module install, instead of having to manually do it)

Bonus info:

If youre a regular ROM flasher, you'll want to keep your watch connection and Samsung Pay working across flashes, i have a guide for that in my signature, basically involves keeping the same Android ID across flashes. I need to update it for Android 12, which ill do over the weekend...the Android ID changer app i use on Android 11 doesnt work on 12...

Attachments

• Magisk 1eb83ad8-alpha-31.apk
    10 MB · Views: 18
  • Riru-MomoHider-Mod.zip
    323.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Riru-v26.1.3.r513.8e95115fd4(513).zip
    165.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung Pay is secured by Knox.

Ive used Samsung Pay on my Pixel 2XL for over 6 months now using my Active 2, until i just swapped to the Watch 4 and can use Google Pay easily, yay

How i setup Samsung Pay (using Active 2) :

* Magisk (i still prefer older Magisk - Alpha 31 to be exact - last build before John started removing MagiskHide etc - and yes it stillworks on Android 12)
    * MagiskHide Enabled - checked to pass SafetyNet
    * Rename Magisk app (from settings)
    * Tick apps in MagiskHide: All Samsung related apps, including watch plugins

Added modules after the above:

* Riru
    * Riru-MomoHider (my mod to add all 4config options - note later Magisk builds may or not allow Riru, and if they do, some may not allow all Riru-MomoHider config options - best to check in main Magisk thread if you use the latest/bleeding edge)

The Riru/Riru-MomoHide setup will give you greater process isolation than MagiskHide itself....

Attached:

*Magisk - Alpha 31 (apk, you can sideload this apk from TWRP, TWRP doesnt care its not named as a zip, only its content- sideload apk, reboot then install the apk, as the flashed apk only installs the stub Magisk Manager, and you dont want it grabbing the latest Magisk Manager from the interwebs at the moment...)
    *Riru (Riru must be installed first, and a reboot performed before adding Riru-Momohider)
    *Riru-MomoHider (my mod with 4 config options set at module install, instead of having to manually do it)

Bonus info:

If youre a regular ROM flasher, you'll want to keep your watch connection and Samsung Pay working across flashes, i have a guide for that in my signature, basically involves keeping the same Android ID across flashes. I need to update it for Android 12, which ill do over the weekend...the Android ID changer app i use on Android 11 doesnt work on 12...