[SAMSUNG PIE] #HEX Installer

Search This thread

KGroder

Jan 14, 2013
Louisiana
Just initiating adb with a 3rd party and not being smart enough in a tech way to fully understand or be able to dissect what's happening

I mainly did it historically just to get the simple pixel/aosp signal bars. Do not like the samsung ones

Last edited:

lemonade747

Jul 9, 2012
Is Hex Installer compatible with OneUI5 beta yet? Are you planning to make it work properly on OneUI5? I haven't tried it yet since I got bootloop one time and need to do factory reset and it's a pain for me. Thanks!

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Is Hex Installer compatible with OneUI5 beta yet? Are you planning to make it work properly on OneUI5? I haven't tried it yet since I got bootloop one time and need to do factory reset and it's a pain for me. Thanks!
Devs don't spend / waste time on Betas - Some people have reported that HEX is working +- on the One UI Beta v5.0.
But you are on your own if you have any issues.
HEX does NOT officially support any Betas.

Reactions: lemonade747

Dart_Z28

Jul 13, 2016
You need to have Themepark installed on your device - Make any theme (doesn't matter because it will be replaced by the HEX Theme) - Save it - Build a HEX Theme & follow the instructions in the video.
I do have park installed. I followed a video on line. I still haven't switched to a different theme. I just have the one that finally worked/stuck. I'll try a different theme today.

Reactions: shaggyskunk

d.cortez

Dec 30, 2005
north texas
Google Pixel Fold
Just an FYI on my experiene with the Galaxy Fold 4, OneUI 4.1.1.... i can build theme in Themepark (i named it HexTheme) , build a theme in Hex, but when i'm prompted to apply the Themepark theme (HexTheme), it no longer exists. it appears to be deleted. i don't see my Themepark theme in in the Themepark app nor the native Samsung Themes app. i receive a message that says Hexed+ is not installed.

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Just an FYI on my experiene with the Galaxy Fold 4, OneUI 4.1.1.... i can build theme in Themepark (i named it HexTheme) , build a theme in Hex, but when i'm prompted to apply the Themepark theme (HexTheme), it no longer exists. it appears to be deleted. i don't see my Themepark theme in in the Themepark app nor the native Samsung Themes app. i receive a message that says Hexed+ is not installed.
One UI V4.1.1 appears to have broken Themepark

Reactions: d.cortez
No - Maybe - But not officially supported.
Almost no Dev in their right mind would be working on Betas - As anything can change.
Some people who updated to the Beta with HEX applied report that it was still applied - Others reporte licencing issues?
OK thanks a lot for this info. Yeah makes sense, don't know what they might change in the next Beta. I actually don't know how these things work, I was under the impression that developers test their apps with the newer android version when it comes out, but I guess that's with stock android. Anyways I have uninstalled Hex for now, just in case it creates an issue. Will be upgrading to OneUI 5 soon. Thanks again!

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
OK thanks a lot for this info. Yeah makes sense, don't know what they might change in the next Beta. I actually don't know how these things work, I was under the impression that developers test their apps with the newer android version when it comes out, but I guess that's with stock android. Anyways I have uninstalled Hex for now, just in case it creates an issue. Will be upgrading to OneUI 5 soon. Thanks again!
For independent Devs it wouldn't make sense as unlike with in-house Samsung Devs - They don't know what Samsung is up to.
I think HEX's Devs probably peek at the Betas (if they have a supported device - But because they don't know what changes Samsung can make between Betas & Stable there's no point in trying to solve any potential issues - That and the real possibility that Samsung could find out whether or not HEX Devs have a solution on the Betas & then Samsung shuts the door completely.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Reactions: matteosaeed

tengwer

Oct 14, 2012
I got the Samsung Tab S7 FE and was able to get Hex working no problem. Just got the Tab S7+ and things work until it builds the theme then asks me to manually appy default theme which I do. But then when I go into Theme Park to apply My Hex theme that theme is gone at that point. Is anyone else having trouble with the S7+? I'm hoping there is a solution to get this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tengwer

Oct 14, 2012
I got the Samsung Tab S7 FE and was able to get Hex working no problem. Just got the Tab S7+ and things work until it builds the theme then asks me to manually appy default theme which I do. But then when I go into Theme Park to apply My Hex theme that theme is gone at that point. Is anyone else having trouble with the S7+? I'm hoping there is a solution to get this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Update: just realized that my tab s7 fe is android 12 one ui 4.1 and gex works great on it. The Tab s7+, however, has Android 12 one ui 4.1.1 and if doesn't work. Does anyone else have hex working on one ui 4.1.1? Is there a way to downgrade to 4.1?

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Update: just realized that my tab s7 fe is android 12 one ui 4.1 and gex works great on it. The Tab s7+, however, has Android 12 one ui 4.1.1 and if doesn't work. Does anyone else have hex working on one ui 4.1.1? Is there a way to downgrade to 4.1?
You can revert to the previous version - AS LONG as there's no Bootloader version change - If it has been updated - then you can't go back.

tengwer

Oct 14, 2012
You can revert to the previous version - AS LONG as there's no Bootloader version change - If it has been updated - then you can't go back.
Unfortunately the bootloader has changed so it looks like those who updated to 4.1.1 cannot go back. Fortunately I was able to swap my Tab 7+ which I just bought with one that has 4.1 on it and hex works fine. I will stick with 4.1 and hope for a fix to the new issue created in 4.1.1.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Unfortunately the bootloader has changed so it looks like those who updated to 4.1.1 cannot go back. Fortunately I was able to swap my Tab 7+ which I just bought with one that has 4.1 on it and hex works fine. I will stick with 4.1 and hope for a fix to the new issue created in 4.1.1.
Not sure what device you have - But I know that not all 4.1.1 Devices received an update with a Bootloader version change.
The Bootloader version is the 5th character from the Right in About Phone - Software Information & Baseband Version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's working now on 6.1.
    HEXED PLUS RELEASED!!
    New Base! go beyond and theme more 3rd party apps with it.
    full list of currently supported apps here
    Go to Hex app settings and set it up for free.
    sUnHA3H.png

#INTRODUCTION:
    The original theme bodhisattva_ is celebrating its 3 years now, from Nougat, Oreo and the present PIE android firmware.
    The theme simply introduced advanced custom theming for Samsung since they release Samsung Experience UI and Theme Store, by providing more apps supported on a single theme, hundreds of apps on a single apk, 3rd party custom icons on Samsung's default launcher. Since then the theme became a good starting point base for other themers and influenced them a lot, open doors for overlay install method and other things.

Now on this Theme Installer App, A user can do whatever they want to theme bodhisattva_ design principles plus other cool mods and tweaks to make the theme experience more personal.

#FEATURES:
    -Complete Theme Color Engine - change background, primary, accent, texts, Qicksettings and Notification colors to anything you like (dark mode base)
    -Font files bundle feature - Include your own .ttf font to be included on the theme - No PC/adb needed.
    -Tweaks and popular light Mods like navbar height, QS transparency, Rounded keyboard and many more.
    -3rd party app theming support like making Instagram and WhatsApp dark? Twitter lights-out and Gapps themes that's made from scratch,
    NOT RELYING TO BUILD NUMBER, no installer update required, update 3rd party apps and still use them without waiting for us to update.
    -UI Plugins support- you don't like theme bodhisattva icons? simply choose Default Mode preference and you can theme with OneUI elements,
    AOSP-Q (full aosp experience for Samsung - all first party apps) and other themers designs like Diliun, Paragus, Broly, ayos_dark Custom UI tagged as HEX UI plugins.

#INITIAL SETUP: FOR REGULAR HC BASE(only one time, unless you delete the theme base)
    1. Apply default theme
    2. Open Hex application and grant storage permissions, follow on-screen instructions.
    3. Customize and Build your theme
    4. Reboot and Apply your Hex theme from themestore.
    *reboot is only a one time scenario, this is just to fix the statusbar icon colors, on your next theme build, no need to do anything else or apply default theme first, just build, install and apply.
    *Please read the FAQ on app for more informations.

#TROUBLESHOOT:
    Theme applied but all/some selected third party apps not working or didn't get dark.
    -Restart device
    -Apply default theme
    -Download and apply High Contrast theme (yellow)
    -Apply HEX theme (High Contrast theme II Sky Black)

Theme applied but some apps like Dialer and Settings are not fully themed
    -Apply default theme and delete High Contrast Theme II
    -Download again High Contrast Theme II and APPLY it.
    -Open HEX and click Build button it will redirect you to apply Default Theme, apply Default theme.
    -Build your HEX theme again, apply and check.

#FUTURE PLANS:
    -Add more 3rd party apps to get themed with user color choices. - done but still work in progress to add more.
    -Fully Implementation of UI PLUGINS to give limelight for other Custom Themers work. - done, but more ui mode plugins coming soon!
    -Add 3rd party Icon pack support for Samsung default home launcher.
    -Breaking 60 overlays limit. not relying to HC theme base anymore. Update To HEXED PLUS NOW
    -Note 10 or OneUI 1.5 Hexed Plus activation and new ThemeKeeper service, (still on test phase)

#HEX LINK AND INFO:
    -HEX is a joint project together with my partner @sathishtony and the Dark Zero Hands theme testers.
    -HEX will work on ALL SAMUNG PIE PHONES, S8,S9,S10,N8,N9 some A and J series who got Android 9 Pie firmware.
    -HEX is using High Contrast theme as base, a Samsung pre installed theme on all Pie devices.
    -First uploaded on playstore since June 8, 2019
    -Special thanks for a good friend @RomLord14495 for sponsoring all Hex giveaways promotions. :)

VIDEO FEATURE:
    ENGLISH
    - Techylogy
    SPANISH - Lexdroid
    RUSSIAN - Kelumza
    English(featured app) - HowToMen
    English(NOTE 10 - featured app) - HowToMen

BLOG FEATURE ENTRIES:
    Piunikaweb -link
    AndroidPolice - link
    AndroidAutorithy - link1 link2

AVAILABLE PLUGIN RELEASED:
    AOSP Q
    Paragus UI - @srohit96 (original thread)
    Broly - @PAIN (standalone theme)
    Deliun - @carlosbalbuena_ (original thread)

HEX APP DOWNLOAD LINK
    {Mod edit: Download link removed}

YLOpxwt.png

7hilUBb.png
    Dev priorities for Hex Core

Our Work Info :

Hex Installer is the official alternative to themeGalaxy app.

The idea is to provide Hassle free/Seamless theming solution for Galaxy OneUI devices without compromising any of the customization features. All my work primarily based on "Do It Yourself" concept. I believe everyone can make the theme for themselves if a right tool is provided. And we hope that you will find #Hex as your right tool.

RoadMap and Priorities for our future Updates:

1. Hex UI Plugin support that extends the different UI options.
    2. AOSP Q UI plugin for Free

3. Experimental options to include background and dialpad images (WiP)
    4. More safe tweaking options
    5. Add more third party app overlays. We're going beyond High Contrast theme.
    6. Make #Hexified more interactive and interesting place to theme.
    7. Providing default day/night ui mode customization.
    8. Add Custom QS Toggles
    9. Make Hex+ possible on Android 10 - OneUI 2.0

We never intented to obstruct any of the official themers work and themes and that's not the motivation of this community as well. We are trying to provide a custom theming solution to the people who are really willing to spend their time to theme their phone.

-
    SatySatsZB (sathishtony)
    Custom QS Toggles Update.

Update is live.

Custom QS Toggles. Check in Preferences Panel.

There 28 Combination available to style your qs toggle background.

Custom QS Toggles overrides ui plugin's style

Solid circle
    Solid square
    Solid squricle
    Solid teardrop top left
    Solid teardrop top right
    Solid teardrop bottom left
    Solid teardrop bottom right
    Stroke circle
    Stroke square
    Stroke squricle
    Stroke teardrop top left
    Stroke teardrop top right
    Stroke teardrop bottom left
    Stroke teardrop bottom right

Solid gradient circle
    Solid gradient square
    Solid gradient squricle
    Solid gradient teardrop top left
    Solid gradient teardrop top right
    Solid gradient teardrop bottom left
    Solid gradient teardrop bottom right
    Stroke gradient circle
    Stroke gradient square
    Stroke gradient squricle
    Stroke gradient teardrop top left
    Stroke gradient teardrop top right
    Stroke gradient teardrop bottom left
    Stroke gradient teardrop bottom right

+ Fixed Playstore night mode minor bugs
    + Fixed WhatsApp status text color
    banner.png

CODE: hex
    Since this plugin was removed from PS, and xdalabs was gone, I'll upload it here, this version got the latest fixes for oneiu3, please DO NOT RE-UPLOAD somewhere, if you want to share please link it here, enjoy.
    Overall, every other part of jiotv is good but can you change the videoview background to black.
    late reply but ill try to tell this to rohit shetty, hes the one contributed the jiotv hex edit.
    Hi envy, is there any version of your Guilt theme without the frames around it? Would be lovely.
    guilt theme or icon pack? agony icon pack is the no frame version of guilt.
    Is there a way to permanently remove the wallpapers? For some reason every time I install hex the wallpapers get installed din my gallery for some reason. I tried going into the file manager and removing the folder from there but for some reason every time it comes back.

additionally all the themes were perfectly though the only issue I've had consistently is that what's up always works for a brief bit and over time end up crashing. Any way for me to remove just the WhatsApp theme (individual apps)? Or would I have to reapply from scratch?
    I dunno about this but hex installer doesn't even include a wallpaper on any form on its themes, the auto-apply wallpaper is just a feature to make wallpaper auto-apply after you apply the theme that wallpaper is not bundled to hex. :confused:
    what would be the reason my build and install button doesn't react?
    you didn't install any theme base needed, high contrast theme 2 or the hexed plus theme base.
    Using hex+ with stock colors shows no phone icon on the dialer screen when using 2 Sims.

Thanks YouTube notifications have unrealdeble text for the actions.

Using night mode

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    it's now fixed for two sims on bodhisattva, and aosp ui modes, soon plugin makers will also fix their own.. just rebuild and reapply your theme for fixes to take effect.
    Hey there! The previous problem solved already. But I got a new problem now. I think my Google assistant broke as after applying mod

So it always make my screen freezes & shows Google app stop responding. No matter how many times I restart & reapply, even I tried downgrade Google app, still can't get it fix
    are you using a cuatom launcher? for some reason google app and hex edit messing up the google app, try to reboot and see, or just deselect google app on hex then rebuild your theme.
    Hey I'm a really big fan of all your hard work! I'm tempted to try out hexed+, but I have a couple of concerns, because it's been a long time since I really modded my phone, and I'm paranoid about doing this to my main device.

If I install hexed+, is there any way to completely revert back to the original theme. And if there's and update to the hex app, do I need to disable and enable the theme again?

Also, will the adb process mess up something like Android updates? I know it likely won't, but I just want to be sure.

Again, thanks for your time and work.
    the guy who answered you is correct, and adb method is long gone already and the theme will appear on store pretty fine now.
    Thanks for your reply! I don't see any FAQ about hexed+. What excactly is the difference between hexed and hexed+? It says in the overlay list that hexed is able to theme about 60 apps, whereas hexed+ can theme over 100. But I can only theme seven apps when installing a theme. Is the hexed+ app different from the hex app? Sorry, I'm confused.
    what 7 apps? you must select them on 3rd party-list before building a theme.
    Any idea when we might be able to customize icons too?
    I don't know if this feature will be added really, different apps use different values for their icons, and we cant make a universal code to fix them all without issues, this explains why twitter, Reddit, twitch and other apps got a black background underneath them, removing those background can make the app fc, but Saty my partner got plans now to make a Samsung launcher replicate that support 3rd party icon packs, lets seee where that idea leads to.
    Deliun plugin problem?
    Volume bar color error?
    contact the plugin maker on email.
    Great App. Quick question. Is Hex breaking the OneUI notification badges? I have switched to OneUI launcher, but icon badges on notifications are not showing? Thanks;
    see home settings options maybe you turned it off.. hex edit got notification badges perfectly fine.
    Good Day Devs! Is it okay if I ask overlay for One Hand Operation+? Specifically for Task Switcher and Quick tools. I attached the screenshots for reference. Thanks
    not working for more 3rd party apps for now, im focusing on adding more features and adding more ui modes.
    Everytime I run Hexed+ it reverts back because of the trial ... I've followed instructions on applying it and going back to hex'd and rebooting but it never sticks
    re install the hexed plus base, it shouldn't revert.. and dont modify it on any form manually, themekeeper service will not work.
    Is there a way to just apply the dark theme to apps without messing with my theme?
    hex is still based on Samsung themes, we cant to that, but after build try to uninstall all 1st party apps you don't like to get themed on troubleshooting, but FYI, some 3rd party apps relying their background values on framework edit of hex..
    hi all.
    is thiere a way plz to get statusbar themed and keep everything themed by stock samsung night mode????
    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    no, but try applying hex theme then uninstall all on toubleshoot section leaving the systemui only, but i dont guaranty thats the thing you will like
    I did not buy Hex installer yet, I still has this simple " and maybe stupid" question before I do that!!

Can I install the hex themes without this step

"-Download the High-Contrast Theme II: Sky Black (blue one) from the theme store, but DO NOT APPLY."

And this is because I can't download or apply any theme from the theme store other than the default theme (samsung account doesn't work in my country!!!)

Samsung Note 8, Android Pie
    that high contrast theme skyblack is already preinstalled on all samsung pie phones, if not just use the hexed plus base.. its hex app own theme base.
    Without sounding disrespectful, I would like to ask that as well. Can a theme only be applied to apps?
    no, read my replies above
    From where to download fonts to use in hex? And which format?
    As I downloaded zip and ttf format, both not showing up in hex.
    -Place your .ttf files inside hex/fonts folder

-open hex app and choose Personalization

-press Custom Font button

-select your fonts to bundle

-build your theme and apply

-open Settings app Display settings

-look for Font Style and Sizes option

-apply your font

*if you dont see the font there

Download and "apply" SAMSUNG SANS font first on galaxy store then do the above steps once again.
    It looks like documentsui.apk is not themed yet. Any plans?
    it is, on hexed plus base.
    FYI, after updating and rebuilding:

The most current and new Galaxy store version FCs on settings and has some visual quirks.
    already fixed on new update, rebuild you theme and re apply.
    Excited for the updates to the AOSP plugin this morning but the wifi icon is still bugged for me on my verizon s8. Some nice updates to hex though!
    can you show me a screenshot?
    -------------------------------------

Soon to be added a cool preference tweak:
    QuickSetting Icons Customization (work for all ui modes)
    see attached.
    also these theme/plugins is my current focus now.
    -aosp outlined
    -ayos dark
    -ayos blur
    -hysteria_