• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods Samsung Quick Share 4 All (use it on non-Samsung PCs)

Search This thread

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013

Samsung Quick Share 4 All

This tiny batch script makes Samsung Quick Share working on non-Samsung Windows PCs by spoofing a registry value that the program checks when opening.

To use it, right-click on it and run as administrator.

To make it launch at startup, create a task in Task Scheduler (check "run with highest privileges" when creating it).

⚠️ If you want the latest Store version: go here, paste the store link of the app, click the checkmark and then scroll down and download the one named "SAMSUNGELECTRONICSCoLtd.SamsungQuickShare_xxxxxxxx_neutral_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.msixbundle". Then open it and install it. You won't need to download every update like this, it'll automatically update from the Microsoft Store when there is a new version. Keep in mind that latest versions from the Store can contain patches to this method, so if you encounter any issue download this version here that has been reported to be more stable. If you encounter issues also with the older version I linked, they've probably patched it Android-side (and I can't do anything about it, especially without root).

⚠️ Remember that your phone's screen needs to be on and unlocked to be able to find it from your PC (unfortunately it's a limitation of Quick Share itself)!

⚠️ If your PC doesn't have an Intel AX wireless/wifi/bluetooth card (e.g. Intel AC/Broadcom/Realtek/Marvell etc.) you'll also need to apply "DriverCheckBypass.reg" (otherwise it won't find your phone and viceversa)! To do it, just run the file, then Yes and then Ok.

Download

You can download it here!

Last edited:

mnaveed

May 22, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Samsung Quick Share 4 All​

This tiny script makes Samsung Quick Share working on non-Samsung Windows PCs by spoofing a registry value that the program checks when opening. This repository includes:
  • a .bat Batch version of the script (run as admin);
  • a .ps1 PowerShell version of the script (run ad admin);
  • a .xml Task Scheduler task to make it launch at startup (check "run with highest privileges" when creating/importing the task). The task is configured to run the .bat version of the script, but you can change it to run the .ps1 one if you like.

Disclaimer​

Keep in mind that Samsung could fix this any time. So, if it doesn't work, probably they have fixed it. However, as of July 1st 2021, I can confirm that it works perfectly (doesn't display the "device not compatible" error and file sharing works both sending and receiving). Also, I'm not responsible for any loss or damage.

Download​

You can download it here.
How can i install quick share, i am unable find an exe file..

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Microsoft Store does show any installation option, just information..
If you want the latest Store version: go here, paste the store link of the app, click the checkmark and then scroll down and download the one named "SAMSUNGELECTRONICSCoLtd.SamsungQuickShare_********_neutral_***************.msixbundle". Then open it and install it. You won't need to download every update like this, it'll automatically update from the Microsoft Store when there is a new version.
Instead, download this version here that has been reported to be more stable :)

Last edited:

bromonano

Oct 17, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Goodmorning and feel very appreciated for the port.tIt doesn't work for me. I own an s21 ultraand I followed the instructions. Although my PC sees the phone the transfer never completes. On the other side the phone doesn't even see th PC...

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Goodmorning and feel very appreciated for the port.tIt doesn't work for me. I own an s21 ultraand I followed the instructions. Although my PC sees the phone the transfer never completes. On the other side the phone doesn't even see th PC...
Good morning, may be you can help me with the setup, so I installed the app and ran the .bat file, when I launch the app it asked me to login to my Samsung account, which I did and then in next screen it says 'Turn on Bluetooth to connect to nearby devices', so do I need to turn on Bluetooth in both my laptop and Samsung Phone and then only it will connect?

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Good morning, may be you can help me with the setup, so I installed the app and ran the .bat file, when I launch the app it asked me to login to my Samsung account, which I did and then in next screen it says 'Turn on Bluetooth to connect to nearby devices', so do I need to turn on Bluetooth in both my laptop and Samsung Phone and then only it will connect?
Good morning, yes, you need to turn on BT on both PC and phone, as well as Quick Share on your phone. The first time you'll send a file, it could ask you to pair your devices via bluetooth.

Last edited:

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
If the transfer shows "failed" or never completes, try going to Bluetooth settings and unpairing the devices, and then retrying sending a file, it will ask to pair again. Also: do you have Intel wireless drivers? And which version of Quick Share are you using (the latest one from Store or the older one)?
HI, thank you for porting it to all windows devices.
But it don't work on my devices, which use intel ac9560 and ac8265, I guess it only work on ax series
The app told me to update wifi driver, which I'm already update.
Yes, they restrict allowed drivers to the ones that come with their Galaxy Book devices, which is AX series, so try applying DriverCheckBypass.reg file and then retry. Don't worry, it won't install anything and won't mess with your drivers, it will just create the registry keys and values that the app checks regarding drivers. However, thanks for reporting!

Last edited:

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Good morning, yes, you need to turn on BT on both PC and phone, as well as Quick Share on your phone. The first time you'll send a file, it could ask you to pair your devices via bluetooth.
Thanks for the quick response. I seem to have some Bluetooth connection issue with my laptop, when I try to pair my phone with it I get this message in my phone "Couldn't pair. Check settings for this device and try again." 😒

If the transfer shows "failed" or never completes, try going to Bluetooth settings and unpairing the devices, and then retrying sending a file, it will ask to pair again. Also: do you have Intel wireless drivers? And which version of Quick Share are you using (the latest one from Store or the older one)?

Yes, they restrict allowed drivers to the ones that come with their Galaxy Book devices, which is AX series, so try applying nonintelfix.reg file and then retry. Don't worry, it won't install anything and won't mess with your drivers, it will just create the registry keys and values that the app checks regarding drivers.
I had run it, but still not work.

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Thanks for the quick response. I seem to have some Bluetooth connection issue with my laptop, when I try to pair my phone with it I get this message in my phone "Couldn't pair. Check settings for this device and try again." 😒
You could try reinstalling/updating your BT drivers :)
I had run it, but still not work.
Oh, I'm sorry. What doesn't work precisely? It fails when sending files? Did you try both PC->phone and phone->PC?

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
I uninstalled the Bluetooth adapter and re-installed also. In services.msc, all three Bluetooth related services are set to automatic start. Literally spent at least 3 hours in the morning today to troubleshoot the Bluetooth issue in my laptop, no luck 😞
Seems like an issue unrelated to Quick Share, but to exclude it completely try these possible solutions:
- try to pair the PC with another phone
- if the driver is not Intel AXxxxx try installing the DriverCheckBypass.reg file
- the unsuccessful pairing is the one that asks when you try sending a file with QS, right? If yes, try to pair it manually in Windows bluetooth settings
- which version did you try? The latest one or the older one? If you are trying the first then try the latter and viceversa.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Samsung Quick Share 4 All

This tiny batch script makes Samsung Quick Share working on non-Samsung Windows PCs by spoofing a registry value that the program checks when opening.

To use it, right-click on it and run as administrator.

To make it launch at startup, create a task in Task Scheduler (check "run with highest privileges" when creating it).

⚠️ If you want the latest Store version: go here, paste the store link of the app, click the checkmark and then scroll down and download the one named "SAMSUNGELECTRONICSCoLtd.SamsungQuickShare_xxxxxxxx_neutral_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.msixbundle". Then open it and install it. You won't need to download every update like this, it'll automatically update from the Microsoft Store when there is a new version. Keep in mind that latest versions from the Store can contain patches to this method, so if you encounter any issue download this version here that has been reported to be more stable. If you encounter issues also with the older version I linked, they've probably patched it Android-side (and I can't do anything about it, especially without root).

⚠️ Remember that your phone's screen needs to be on and unlocked to be able to find it from your PC (unfortunately it's a limitation of Quick Share itself)!

⚠️ If your PC doesn't have an Intel AX wireless/wifi/bluetooth card (e.g. Intel AC/Broadcom/Realtek/Marvell etc.) you'll also need to apply "DriverCheckBypass.reg" (otherwise it won't find your phone and viceversa)! To do it, just run the file, then Yes and then Ok.

Download

You can download it here!
    How can i install quick share, i am unable find an exe file..
    You can download the latest version from the Microsoft Store. If you encounter issues, try uninstalling it and then install this older version here. Then, you can find the script here.
    Awesome, thank you! This are the kind of things I expect to find here!
    You can try to manually download them from Intel website here (category: "wireless"): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html . But probably just a Windows clean install would fix any problem 😂
    Regarding Quick Share, the program sometimes mentions to update Bluetooth and WiFi drivers but apparently it relies on bluetooth only. In fact, in all honesty, I found that this app does a better job and is incredibly faster than QS. It uses Windows native Nearby Sharing feature (not related with Android Nearby Share) and so it doesn't even need a client to be installed on the PC. I'm surprised that Samsung, who partners with Microsoft, chose to rely on bluetooth instead of using that native Windows feature. This feature relies on BT too (and also WiFi) but doesn't need pairing and all that time wasting you need with "classic" bluetooth.
    Yeah probably clean windows uninstall will fix this frustrating issue but with Windows 11 update available not so far off I will wait for Win 11 :)
    Thanks for suggesting the Nearby app but the problem is when I try to connect to my laptop from the mobile it says cannot connect to laptop...so no joy for me. However I honestly appreciate your kind support all through out the day today.
    As far as I understand that option is greyed out in newer versions of Windows (starting from 8) because it is already enabled by default, so devices are already allowed to connect to the PC. I'd try to unpair them again to see if the PC can be spotted from the phone, but I'm worried that if you unpair them you could have issues again re-pairing them 🤔
    Ah ok, got you.
    Yes I am fearing the same and hence refraining to do that. Let me see if Windows 11 update eventually fixes this pesky issue :) As always thanks for your support mate.