• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods Samsung Quick Share 4 All (use it on non-Samsung PCs)

Search This thread

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Seems like an issue unrelated to Quick Share, but did you try to pair the PC with another phone?
yeah, I am not saying it is down to Quick Share, its some issue with the Bluetooth in my laptop. In the system tray icon of the laptop Bluetooth allow a device to connect option is greyed out against the Bluetooth icon. I tried pairing with two other phones (android & iPhone), it doesn't work with them either so definitely some Bluetooth issue in the laptop. I just don't know how to fix it 😫

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
yeah, I am not saying it is down to Quick Share, its some issue with the Bluetooth in my laptop. In the system tray icon of the laptop Bluetooth allow a device to connect option is greyed out against the Bluetooth icon. I tried pairing with two other phones (android & iPhone), it doesn't work with them either so definitely some Bluetooth issue in the laptop. I just don't know how to fix it 😫
I'm sorry, what laptop do you have? I'm asking to see if I'm familiar with it and if I can help :)

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
I am using Dell XPS 13 9380 and on latest version of Win 10. I really appreciate your thoughts in trying to help me mate 👍
I looked up the drivers section and apparently the driver is an Intel AX one, so the good thing is that after solving these issues you can most probably enjoy Quick Share without any further problem 😂
However, try uninstalling and installing the driver in the Dell website page of your model. If you already did it, try uninstalling and installing the latest driver directly from the Intel page. I have a Lenovo and I fixed a issue I had months ago with bluetooth by installing the latest bluetooth drivers from Intel. Just download this Intel utility that detects it automatically so it'll suggest the proper drivers for your device. Let me know :)

Last edited:

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I have a Lenovo and I fixed a issue I had months ago with bluetooth by installing the latest bluetooth drivers from Intel. Just download the Intel utility that detects it automatically so it'll suggest the proper drivers for your device. Let me know :)
I downloaded Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer.exe, installed & ran it, it opens up https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html in my Chrome and says 'Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan.'
Have I downloaded the correct utility tool or if you give me a download link?

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
I downloaded Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer.exe, installed & ran it, it opens up https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html in my Chrome and says 'Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan.'
Have I downloaded the correct utility tool or if you give me a download link?
You downloaded the correct tool, but honestly I never got that error. Intel website suggests to clear cache of your browser. Then I suggest to try copying the link that the utility opens up and then open it in an incognito mode tab, so no extension will interfere. Or you can try opening that link with other browsers like Edge or Firefox

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
You downloaded the correct tool, but honestly I never got that error. Intel website suggests to clear cache of your browser. Then I suggest to try copying the link that the utility opens up and then open it in an incognito mode tab, so no extension will interfere. Or you can try opening that link with other browsers like Edge or Firefox
Thanks for the pointer, I was able to run the tool successfully after making Edge as my default browser, however it says "No supported driver or software updates are available for your system."
Guess I am pretty much stuck now! 🤦‍♂️
Anyways, just wanted to know on the Quick Share app, does it use Bluetooth to transfer the files or can be done without that (via same Wi-Fi network on both devices)?

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Thanks for the pointer, I was able to run the tool successfully after making Edge as my default browser, however it says "No supported driver or software updates are available for your system."
Guess I am pretty much stuck now! 🤦‍♂️
Anyways, just wanted to know on the Quick Share app, does it use Bluetooth to transfer the files or can be done without that (via same Wi-Fi network on both devices)?
You can try to manually download them from Intel website here (category: "wireless"): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html . But probably just a Windows clean install would fix any problem 😂
Regarding Quick Share, the program sometimes mentions to update Bluetooth and WiFi drivers but apparently it relies on bluetooth only. In fact, in all honesty, I found that this app does a better job and is incredibly faster than QS. It uses Windows native Nearby Sharing feature (not related with Android Nearby Share) and so it doesn't even need a client to be installed on the PC. I'm surprised that Samsung, who partners with Microsoft, chose to rely on bluetooth instead of using that native Windows feature. This feature relies on BT too (and also WiFi) but doesn't need pairing and all that time wasting you need with "classic" bluetooth.

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
You can try to manually download them from Intel website here (category: "wireless"): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html . But probably just a Windows clean install would fix any problem 😂
Regarding Quick Share, the program sometimes mentions to update Bluetooth and WiFi drivers but apparently it relies on bluetooth only. In fact, in all honesty, I found that this app does a better job and is incredibly faster than QS. It uses Windows native Nearby Sharing feature (not related with Android Nearby Share) and so it doesn't even need a client to be installed on the PC. I'm surprised that Samsung, who partners with Microsoft, chose to rely on bluetooth instead of using that native Windows feature. This feature relies on BT too (and also WiFi) but doesn't need pairing and all that time wasting you need with "classic" bluetooth.
Yeah probably clean windows uninstall will fix this frustrating issue but with Windows 11 update available not so far off I will wait for Win 11 :)
Thanks for suggesting the Nearby app but the problem is when I try to connect to my laptop from the mobile it says cannot connect to laptop...so no joy for me. However I honestly appreciate your kind support all through out the day today.

Reactions: obrobrio2000

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Yeah probably clean windows uninstall will fix this frustrating issue but with Windows 11 update available not so far off I will wait for Win 11 :)
Thanks for suggesting the Nearby app but the problem is when I try to connect to my laptop from the mobile it says cannot connect to laptop...so no joy for me. However I honestly appreciate your kind support all through out the day today.
It was a pleasure trying to help you :)
Hi, how do I actually apply the DriverCheckBypass.reg? That's what's confusing me.
Run it, when it asks if you're sure click Yes and then Ok :)

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
It was a pleasure trying to help you :)
Got some update to share with you mate, as you know I tried what not to get the BT fixed including services.msc, regedit etc etc. Today I just launched Quick Share App (used the one from your Mega upload) and could find my mobile in scan there, was able to send images successfully to my mobile :) At my mobile end, I got a prompt like desktop-xxx sent you 1 image pin: 12345 - decline, accept. Tried 3 times, all success. However the Quick Share android app was not able to spot my laptop, it just keeps on saying scanning nearby...so in summary QS is working only one way for me 😃
2 things- I am still not able to connect my mobile with the laptop via normal BT although I have paired them now. When I try to connect it just says 'can't connect to desktop-xxx' :(
I kept my network profile as private too so that it is discoverable.

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Got some update to share with you mate, as you know I tried what not to get the BT fixed including services.msc, regedit etc etc. Today I just launched Quick Share App (used the one from your Mega upload) and could find my mobile in scan there, was able to send images successfully to my mobile :) At my mobile end, I got a prompt like desktop-xxx sent you 1 image pin: 12345 - decline, accept. Tried 3 times, all success. However the Quick Share android app was not able to spot my laptop, it just keeps on saying scanning nearby...so in summary QS is working only one way for me 😃
2 things- I am still not able to connect my mobile with the laptop via normal BT although I have paired them now. When I try to connect it just says 'can't connect to desktop-xxx' :(
I kept my network profile as private too so that it is discoverable.
I'm happy you were able to partially solve the issue and finally pairing the devices 😁 To solve the issue of laptop not being spotted try setting QS (both on PC and on mobile) to "Everyone" instead of "Contacts only" and also try installing the DriverCheckBypass.reg (even if you have the Intel AX driver). Then let me know :)

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I'm happy you were able to partially solve the issue and finally pairing the devices 😁 To solve the issue of laptop not being spotted try setting QS (both on PC and on mobile) to "Everyone" instead of "Contacts only" and also try installing the DriverCheckBypass.reg (even if you have the Intel AX driver). Then let me know :)
I forgot to tell you earlier that I had 'Everyone' set on both PC & mobile QS :)
Tried the reg file still the same behaviour.
I am able to connect my phone with BT speaker, also laptop with BT speaker, its just that the phone won't connect with laptop, so frustrating!

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
I forgot to tell you earlier that I had 'Everyone' set on both PC & mobile QS :)
Tried the reg file still the same behaviour.
I am able to connect my phone with BT speaker, also laptop with BT speaker, its just that the phone won't connect with laptop, so frustrating!
I don't want to mess up and maybe worsen the situation but I would try uninstalling the bluetooth driver from Device Manager (remember to check "delete the driver software for this device"), then open cmd as admin and run "pnputil /scan-devices", then reboot. After reboot, Windows Update will reinstall the driver and then you can try again to see if the issue is solved :)

EDIT: I'm not sure if the driver is both responsible for wifi and bluetooth. In that case Windows Update can't reinstall it after reboot because Internet won't be available, so you'll need an Ethernet cable.

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I don't want to mess up and maybe worsen the situation but I would try uninstalling the bluetooth driver from Device Manager (remember to check "delete the driver software for this device"), then open cmd as admin and run "pnputil /scan-devices", then reboot. After reboot, Windows Update will reinstall the driver and then you can try again to see if the issue is solved :)

EDIT: I'm not sure if the driver is both responsible for wifi and bluetooth. In that case Windows Update can't reinstall it after reboot because Internet won't be available, so you'll need an Ethernet cable.
After reboot I could see the uninstalled Bluetooth driver is present in device manager with same version. Can see my laptop & BT Speaker as paired already in windows settings. I give up now lol.
If you can please clarify 2 things for me- have you setup your network profile as private or public?
In Windows system tray, when you right click on the BT icon, is 'Allow a device to connect' greyed out for you as you can see for me in image below? 1634390925772.png

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
After reboot I could see the uninstalled Bluetooth driver is present in device manager with same version. Can see my laptop & BT Speaker as paired already in windows settings. I give up now lol.
If you can please clarify 2 things for me- have you setup your network profile as private or public?
In Windows system tray, when you right click on the BT icon, is 'Allow a device to connect' greyed out for you as you can see for me in image below?View attachment 5434577
My network is set as private and "Allow a device to connect" is greyed out for me too. Try going to Windows Bluetooth settings > More Bluetooth options > check "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer" and, if you also have it, also check "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer". If you don't have the second one it isn't a problem, I don't have it either, but some adapters have it and you have to enable it :)

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
My network is set as private and "Allow a device to connect" is greyed out for me too. Try going to Windows Bluetooth settings > More Bluetooth options > check "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer" and, if you also have it, also check "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer". If you don't have the second one it isn't a problem, I don't have it either, but some adapters have it and you have to enable it :)
Ok, thanks for the clarification :)
Yes, that has been all through out
1634393049252.png

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Ok, thanks for the clarification :)
Yes, that has been all through out
View attachment 5434595
As far as I understand that option is greyed out in newer versions of Windows (starting from 8) because it is already enabled by default, so devices are already allowed to connect to the PC. I'd try to unpair them again to see if the PC can be spotted from the phone, but I'm worried that if you unpair them you could have issues again re-pairing them 🤔

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
As far as I understand that option is greyed out in newer versions of Windows (starting from 8) because it is already enabled by default, so devices are already allowed to connect to the PC. I'd try to unpair them again to see if the PC can be spotted from the phone, but I'm worried that if you unpair them you could have issues again re-pairing them 🤔
Ah ok, got you.
Yes I am fearing the same and hence refraining to do that. Let me see if Windows 11 update eventually fixes this pesky issue :) As always thanks for your support mate.

Reactions: obrobrio2000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i tried

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
    My driver manufacturer is Realtek :(
    I updated a new version of both the script and the driver bypass reg file. I have Intel AX drivers (same as Galaxy Books) and latest QS version from Store and it works 100% both sending and receiving, however I don't know if it works as well with drivers from different manufacturers. If you want download the new version here (no need to download the reg file, the script should auto-download and apply it) and check if it works now :)
    How do we remove those files from the registry? Because the method didn't work for me, but now I start receiving intel drivers on my AMD pc?
    Those updates should be harmless, your PC will keep using your original drivers, but thanks for pointing it out! To erase those modifications, go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\" and delete all keys starting with "VEN_1002", "VEN_144D" and "VEN_8086". However, I uploaded a new version of the script, if you want you can check it out to see if it works now :)
    I have "intel killer AX1675x" not working with or without driver bypass registry thing. I'll be very glad if you figure it out how to bypass that driver check. Because in startup, app says you should update drivers.
    After some research it appears that Intel Killer AX is a whole different "driver model" than Intel AX. However, of course I'll try to figure out how to bypass again the driver check! :) I also have an "alternative strategy" in mind that I have to experiment, like spoofing PC model in the registry to multiple supported Samsung laptops instead of just one, as AFAIK there are other laptops with Intel i5 that rely on Intel AC drivers and with AMD Ryzen that rely on something-that's-definitely-not-Intel drivers (possibly Broadcom (?), Marvell (?), Realtek (?) etc.), so that could even eliminate the need of the driver bypass and only rely to changing the PC model registry value.
    At the moment I'm a little busy with some university exams, but I'll look into it as soon as I can :D

SamsungQuickShare4All

This tiny batch script makes Samsung Quick Share working on non-Samsung Windows PCs by spoofing a registry value that the program checks when opening.

Usage​

Download the script here and just run it (it could ask for admin rights). You'll only need to run it once, after that it'll automatically launch itself after every startup/reboot.

How to download Quick Share​

If you want the latest Store version go here, paste the store link of the app, click the checkmark, scroll down, download the one named SAMSUNGELECTRONICSCoLtd.SamsungQuickShare_xxxxxxxx_neutral_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.msixbundle (the only one that ends with .msixbundle), then open it and install it. You won't need to download every update like this, it'll automatically update from the Microsoft Store when there is a new version.

Remember that your phone's screen needs to be on and unlocked to be discoverable from your PC (unfortunately it's a limitation of Quick Share itself)!

Troubleshooting​

All should work fine just by running the .bat file, but if you're having issues try applying DriverCheckBypass.reg (just run the file, then Yes and then Ok), especially if your PC doesn't have an Intel AX wireless adapter (e.g. Intel AC/Broadcom/Realtek/Marvell etc.).

Keep in mind that latest versions from the Store could contain patches to this method, so if you encounter any issue download this older version here.

Disclaimer​

Keep in mind that Samsung could fix this any time. So, if it doesn't work, probably they have fixed it. However, as of 11/7/2021, I can confirm that it works perfectly (doesn't display the unsupported device error and file sharing works both sending and receiving), tested on Lenovo Yoga C940 with Intel AX201 wireless adapter (support for other adapters cannot be guaranteed). Also, I'm not responsible for any loss or damage.

Download

You can download it here!
    How can i install quick share, i am unable find an exe file..
    You can download the latest version from the Microsoft Store. If you encounter issues, try uninstalling it and then install this older version here. Then, you can find the script here.
    Awesome, thank you! This are the kind of things I expect to find here!
    Ah ok, got you.
    Yes I am fearing the same and hence refraining to do that. Let me see if Windows 11 update eventually fixes this pesky issue :) As always thanks for your support mate.