• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods Samsung Quick Share 4 All (use it on non-Samsung PCs)

Search This thread

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Maybe I'm missing something but how do I actually download the .bat file? everytime I click it all it does is show some text and not an actual file.
InkedScreenshot_20211018-050009_Samsung Internet Beta_LI.jpg

Click on "Code" (green button) and then Download ZIP :)

Last edited:

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
You're welcome, keep me updated :)
quick update: I followed this video and can send/receive files like how it is shown in that video.

In my laptop I see as below
1634672929313.png

In my mobile under BT -> Paired devices - I can see my Desktop-xxx, when I tap on that it says connecting.... and finally says 'Couldn't connect' :(

Can you please tell me what happens for you when you tap on paired desktop name in your mobile?

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
quick update: I followed this video and can send/receive files like how it is shown in that video.

In my laptop I see as below
1634672929313.png

In my mobile under BT -> Paired devices - I can see my Desktop-xxx, when I tap on that it says connecting.... and finally says 'Couldn't connect' :(

Can you please tell me what happens for you when you tap on paired desktop name in your mobile?
When I tap my desktop name on my mobile it connects and the name becomes blue, but it's because I also set up Your Phone (Phone's settings > Advanced features > Link to Windows), so it always stays connected because it needs to sync calls etc. Otherwise, the normal behaviour is that, when you tap it, it simply says that it's impossible to connect.

Last edited:

onlytanmoy

Mar 28, 2014
LeEco Le 2
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
When I tap my desktop name on my mobile it connects and the name becomes blue, but it's because I also set up Your Phone (Phone's settings > Advanced features > Link to Windows), so it always stays connected because it needs to sync calls etc. Otherwise, the normal behaviour is that, when you tap it, it simply says that it's impossible to connect.
Ok, so the normal behaviour is fine at my end in that case :) thanks for the clarification mate.

Reactions: obrobrio2000

PhilipGolub

Oct 20, 2021

Samsung Quick Share 4 All

This tiny batch script makes Samsung Quick Share working on non-Samsung Windows PCs by spoofing a registry value that the program checks when opening.

To use it, right-click on it and run as administrator.

To make it launch at startup, create a task in Task Scheduler (check "run with highest privileges" when creating it).

⚠️ If you want the latest Store version: go here, paste the store link of the app, click the checkmark and then scroll down and download the one named "SAMSUNGELECTRONICSCoLtd.SamsungQuickShare_xxxxxxxx_neutral_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.msixbundle". Then open it and install it. You won't need to download every update like this, it'll automatically update from the Microsoft Store when there is a new version. Keep in mind that latest versions from the Store can contain patches to this method, so if you encounter any issue download this version here that has been reported to be more stable. If you encounter issues also with the older version I linked, they've probably patched it Android-side (and I can't do anything about it, especially without root).

⚠️ Remember that your phone's screen needs to be on and unlocked to be able to find it from your PC (unfortunately it's a limitation of Quick Share itself)!

⚠️ If your PC doesn't have an Intel AX wireless/wifi/bluetooth card (e.g. Intel AC/Broadcom/Realtek/Marvell etc.) you'll also need to apply "DriverCheckBypass.reg" (otherwise it won't find your phone and viceversa)! To do it, just run the file, then Yes and then Ok.

Download

You can download it here!
First, I want to say thank you so much! The Gitbub link is very useful. Just installed the bypass on my Framework laptop and I have no issue using Quick Share between my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and Framework laptop running Windows 11 Insider Pro. Currently working as of October 20th 2021. How likely do you think that this can be patched by the way @obrobrio2000 I hope that that this is not so easy to patch lol

PhilipGolub

Oct 20, 2021

Samsung Quick Share 4 All

This tiny batch script makes Samsung Quick Share working on non-Samsung Windows PCs by spoofing a registry value that the program checks when opening.

To use it, right-click on it and run as administrator.

To make it launch at startup, create a task in Task Scheduler (check "run with highest privileges" when creating it).

⚠️ If you want the latest Store version: go here, paste the store link of the app, click the checkmark and then scroll down and download the one named "SAMSUNGELECTRONICSCoLtd.SamsungQuickShare_xxxxxxxx_neutral_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.msixbundle". Then open it and install it. You won't need to download every update like this, it'll automatically update from the Microsoft Store when there is a new version. Keep in mind that latest versions from the Store can contain patches to this method, so if you encounter any issue download this version here that has been reported to be more stable. If you encounter issues also with the older version I linked, they've probably patched it Android-side (and I can't do anything about it, especially without root).

⚠️ Remember that your phone's screen needs to be on and unlocked to be able to find it from your PC (unfortunately it's a limitation of Quick Share itself)!

⚠️ If your PC doesn't have an Intel AX wireless/wifi/bluetooth card (e.g. Intel AC/Broadcom/Realtek/Marvell etc.) you'll also need to apply "DriverCheckBypass.reg" (otherwise it won't find your phone and viceversa)! To do it, just run the file, then Yes and then Ok.

Download

First, I want to say thank you so much! The Github link is very useful. I ran the .bat file on my Framework laptop and I have no issue using Quick Share between my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and Framework laptop running Windows 11 Insider Pro. Currently working as of October 20th 2021. How likely do you think that this can be patched by the way @obrobrio2000 I hope that that this is not so easy to patch lol

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Ok, so the normal behaviour is fine at my end in that case thanks for the clarification mate.
No problem :)
First, I want to say thank you so much! The Github link is very useful. I ran the .bat file on my Framework laptop and I have no issue using Quick Share between my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and Framework laptop running Windows 11 Insider Pro. Currently working as of October 20th 2021. How likely do you think that this can be patched by the way @obrobrio2000 I hope that that this is not so easy to patch lol
Thank you for the feedback and for reporting that at this date it is all working properly! Did you use the latest version from the Store or the one that I linked?

To answer your question: it is actually difficult-to-impossible to patch Windows-side, because on Windows there are very few ways to check/filter machines, and all of them can be bypassed. In fact they had to rely on checking a registry key that, as you can see, can be easily changed. Actually, even Android-side it'll be difficult to patch, because even if the phone would need to ask the PC which vendor/model it is, we could always spoof it Windows-side. However, I put the disclaimer because maybe they'll find ways that I'm not aware of. But, as I said, it is nearly impossible :)

Reactions: PhilipGolub

PhilipGolub

Oct 20, 2021
No problem :)

Thank you for the feedback and for reporting that at this date it is all working properly! Did you use the latest version from the Store or the one that I linked?

To answer your question: it is actually difficult-to-impossible to patch Windows-side, because on Windows there are very few ways to check/filter machines, and all of them can be bypassed. In fact they had to rely on checking a registry key that, as you can see, can be easily changed. Actually, even Android-side it'll be difficult to patch, because even if the phone would need to ask the PC which vendor/model it is, we could always spoof it Windows-side. However, I put the disclaimer because maybe they'll find ways that I'm not aware of. But, as I said, it is nearly impossible :)
Im glad to read that! That's what I thought too since I would imagine creating a patch is a nightmare on the developer side haha. The registry files worked with the Quickshare I installed on my Laptop through your Quickshare version from GitHub and the most current Quickshare version from the Windows Store on my main Desktop. So it works on both! One thing to note is that the app weirdly asked me to update my Intel wifi driver upon start on my desktop and then disappeared with the app running normally and without issue.

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Im glad to read that! That's what I thought too since I would imagine creating a patch is a nightmare on the developer side haha. The registry files worked with the Quickshare I installed on my Laptop through your Quickshare version from GitHub and the most current Quickshare version from the Windows Store on my main Desktop. So it works on both! One thing to note is that the app weirdly asked me to update my Intel wifi driver upon start on my desktop and then disappeared with the app running normally and without issue.
I'm happy to hear that it works fine on both older and latest version! Thank you again for reporting 😁
Regarding the driver update popup, yeah it appears just once and then disappears after it checks the registry keys related to the driver. The fix is up to them 😂

Reactions: PhilipGolub

sesnut

Jun 11, 2012
Ok, so the normal behaviour is fine at my end in that case :) thanks for the clarification mate.
are you on the android 12 beta? I can see my phone in quick share and vice versa but it doesnt work when it works perfectly fine on my tab s7 so im thinking the beta broke it at the moment

baskalexx

Jun 15, 2017
Thanks a lot, @obrobrio2000 ! Works like a charm. Easy file sharing was the only part I was missing after switching from iPhone + MacBook. The only problem I have is that I have to run the script after each restart. Any way to lock these registry entries from being rewritten to original values?

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Thanks a lot, @obrobrio2000 ! Works like a charm. Easy file sharing was the only part I was missing after switching from iPhone + MacBook. The only problem I have is that I have to run the script after each restart. Any way to lock these registry entries from being rewritten to original values?
Thank you for the feedback, I'm glad that it works fine!

Actually you can try not to run the script after a restart and see if the registry value stays modified and if QS still works. In fact, on my laptop it resets after each reboot and I have to run the script after each boot, but on my desktop I don't need to because the registry value stays modified. I'm not sure why, probably it depends on some installed program(s).

However, you can try one of these two guides to change permissions of the registry key that contains that value, but I still didn't test it and I'm not sure if you can actually "exclude" the system from having permissions:
- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...uldnt-be/e75223f5-c50b-495c-82fa-d286d6068660
- https://superuser.com/questions/1312843/lock-registry-key-from-edit/1312871

Or (the way that I suggested in my post) just add it to Task Scheduler and it will automatically and silently run after each boot without any intervention by you :)

baskalexx

Jun 15, 2017
Thank you for the feedback, I'm glad that it works fine!

Actually you can try not to run the script after a restart and see if the registry value stays modified and if QS still works. In fact, on my laptop it resets after each reboot and I have to run the script after each boot, but on my desktop I don't need to because the registry value stays modified. I'm not sure why, probably it depends on some installed program(s).

However, you can try one of these two guides to change permissions of the registry key that contains that value, but I still didn't test it and I'm not sure if you can actually "exclude" the system from having permissions:
- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...uldnt-be/e75223f5-c50b-495c-82fa-d286d6068660
- https://superuser.com/questions/1312843/lock-registry-key-from-edit/1312871

Or (the way that I suggested in my post) just add it to Task Scheduler and it will automatically and silently run after each boot without any intervention by you :)
Thanks for the advice! I missed it in the original post. I knew about task scheduler, I just didn't knew I could run script as administrator with it. I will give it a go.

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Thanks for the advice! I missed it in the original post. I knew about task scheduler, I just didn't knew I could run script as administrator with it. I will give it a go.
No problem :) Create a task, give it a name, check "run with highest privileges" under General, add logon trigger under Triggers and add the script .bat under Actions, then save the task and you're done! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i tried

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
    My driver manufacturer is Realtek :(
    I updated a new version of both the script and the driver bypass reg file. I have Intel AX drivers (same as Galaxy Books) and latest QS version from Store and it works 100% both sending and receiving, however I don't know if it works as well with drivers from different manufacturers. If you want download the new version here (no need to download the reg file, the script should auto-download and apply it) and check if it works now :)
    How do we remove those files from the registry? Because the method didn't work for me, but now I start receiving intel drivers on my AMD pc?
    Those updates should be harmless, your PC will keep using your original drivers, but thanks for pointing it out! To erase those modifications, go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\" and delete all keys starting with "VEN_1002", "VEN_144D" and "VEN_8086". However, I uploaded a new version of the script, if you want you can check it out to see if it works now :)
    I have "intel killer AX1675x" not working with or without driver bypass registry thing. I'll be very glad if you figure it out how to bypass that driver check. Because in startup, app says you should update drivers.
    After some research it appears that Intel Killer AX is a whole different "driver model" than Intel AX. However, of course I'll try to figure out how to bypass again the driver check! :) I also have an "alternative strategy" in mind that I have to experiment, like spoofing PC model in the registry to multiple supported Samsung laptops instead of just one, as AFAIK there are other laptops with Intel i5 that rely on Intel AC drivers and with AMD Ryzen that rely on something-that's-definitely-not-Intel drivers (possibly Broadcom (?), Marvell (?), Realtek (?) etc.), so that could even eliminate the need of the driver bypass and only rely to changing the PC model registry value.
    At the moment I'm a little busy with some university exams, but I'll look into it as soon as I can :D

SamsungQuickShare4All

Usage​

Download the script here and just run it (it could ask for admin rights). You'll only need to run it once, after that it'll automatically launch itself after every startup/reboot.

How to download Quick Share​

If you want the latest Store version go here, paste the store link of the app, click the checkmark, scroll down, download the one named SAMSUNGELECTRONICSCoLtd.SamsungQuickShare_xxxxxxxx_neutral_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.msixbundle (the only one that ends with .msixbundle), then open it and install it. You won't need to download every update like this, it'll automatically update from the Microsoft Store when there is a new version.

Remember that your phone's screen needs to be on and unlocked to be discoverable from your PC (unfortunately it's a limitation of Quick Share itself)!

Troubleshooting​

All should work fine just by running the .bat file, but if you're having issues try applying DriverCheckBypass.reg (just run the file, then Yes and then Ok), especially if your PC doesn't have an Intel AX wireless adapter (e.g. Intel AC/Broadcom/Realtek/Marvell etc.).

Keep in mind that latest versions from the Store could contain patches to this method, so if you encounter any issue download this older version here.

Disclaimer​

Keep in mind that Samsung could fix this any time. So, if it doesn't work, probably they have fixed it. However, as of 11/7/2021, I can confirm that it works perfectly (doesn't display the unsupported device error and file sharing works both sending and receiving), tested on Lenovo Yoga C940 with Intel AX201 wireless adapter (support for other adapters cannot be guaranteed). Also, I'm not responsible for any loss or damage.

Download

I have "intel killer AX1675x" not working with or without driver bypass registry thing. I'll be very glad if you figure it out how to bypass that driver check. Because in startup, app says you should update drivers.
    After some research it appears that Intel Killer AX is a whole different "driver model" than Intel AX. However, of course I'll try to figure out how to bypass again the driver check! :) I also have an "alternative strategy" in mind that I have to experiment, like spoofing PC model in the registry to multiple supported Samsung laptops instead of just one, as AFAIK there are other laptops with Intel i5 that rely on Intel AC drivers and with AMD Ryzen that rely on something-that's-definitely-not-Intel drivers (possibly Broadcom (?), Marvell (?), Realtek (?) etc.), so that could even eliminate the need of the driver bypass and only rely to changing the PC model registry value.
    At the moment I'm a little busy with some university exams, but I'll look into it as soon as I can :D
    i tried

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
    My driver manufacturer is Realtek :(
    I updated a new version of both the script and the driver bypass reg file. I have Intel AX drivers (same as Galaxy Books) and latest QS version from Store and it works 100% both sending and receiving, however I don't know if it works as well with drivers from different manufacturers. If you want download the new version here (no need to download the reg file, the script should auto-download and apply it) and check if it works now :)
    How do we remove those files from the registry? Because the method didn't work for me, but now I start receiving intel drivers on my AMD pc?
    Those updates should be harmless, your PC will keep using your original drivers, but thanks for pointing it out! To erase those modifications, go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\" and delete all keys starting with "VEN_1002", "VEN_144D" and "VEN_8086". However, I uploaded a new version of the script, if you want you can check it out to see if it works now :)
    How can i install quick share, i am unable find an exe file..
    You can download the latest version from the Microsoft Store. If you encounter issues, try uninstalling it and then install this older version here. Then, you can find the script here.
    Awesome, thank you! This are the kind of things I expect to find here!