Samsung quits support for the Galaxy S8

Search This thread

halloo13

Mar 12, 2015
Well.. after all the drama Galaxy users had with their previous flagships regarding Software Updates, the Galaxy S8 is the next one to be silently ended by Samsung. They removed the S8/S8+ from their Security Update site, which means that the April 2021 patch was the last one we will ever see from Samsung's site on the S8. Maybe they will roll out an additional one, as they did last year with the Galaxy S7 (EOL: August 2020 patch), but thats not guaranteed..

Sad news but I already saw that coming last year, so I already switched to an iPhone.

Reactions: Orfeous1

farafa

May 8, 2021
Sad story.

How secure is using an unpatched phone with a good antimalware / antivirus ?

Alternatives?
Are there custom ROMs receiving security updates that can be used
with play store etc... without having root enabled?

Reactions: Orfeous1

Orfeous1

Oct 26, 2017
I'm wondering this myself.
Is it time to buy a new phone and retire this?
My display is already cracked in two corners with small bits gone.

I'm not happy that there are no more security updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well.. after all the drama Galaxy users had with their previous flagships regarding Software Updates, the Galaxy S8 is the next one to be silently ended by Samsung. They removed the S8/S8+ from their Security Update site, which means that the April 2021 patch was the last one we will ever see from Samsung's site on the S8. Maybe they will roll out an additional one, as they did last year with the Galaxy S7 (EOL: August 2020 patch), but thats not guaranteed..

Sad news but I already saw that coming last year, so I already switched to an iPhone.
    Sad story.

How secure is using an unpatched phone with a good antimalware / antivirus ?

Alternatives?
    Are there custom ROMs receiving security updates that can be used
    with play store etc... without having root enabled?