• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

Samsung releases Tizen 4.0.0.2 for S3 Frontier!

pcjabber

Apr 13, 2009
Unfortunately, they've removed the 24-Hour Log widget with the new update...I found it quite useful, so I'm annoyed that it has been "discontinued" for no apparent reason.

I found the equivalent Tizen 4.0.0.2 thread for the Gear Sport first, and someone already pointed this out (too late for me though).

Its removal was not mentioned in any changelog I can find...I only received a notification on the watch (after the update) that said:
24-Hour Log widget discontinued
You can still view your workout data in the Exercise widget and your sleep data in the Sleep widget.​

Reactions: adfree

nicebaby

Jan 4, 2008
How Know actual CSC

How can you know your CSC? I'm not receiving any firmware from August, so i'd like to update my S3 Frontier.
I'd like to change CSC but i'd like to know too what is my CSC actually.
How can i do to know it?
Thanks

Just updated after changing csc from ITV to XAR (yes, I'm curious and I didn't want to wait.. )
If someone is interested I followed this simple guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s3/how-to/guide-how-to-change-gear-s3-r760-csc-t3784226 it took about 5 minutes for the entire "operation", and other 5 for the gear reset (after changing csc the watch will reset itself). After that, about 2 hours later, the phone prompted me a little update of 10mb, and immediately after the installation it has notified the big update to tizen 4.
Hope to be helpful ?

jordiz86

Feb 7, 2013
How can you know your CSC? I'm not receiving any firmware from August, so i'd like to update my S3 Frontier.
I'd like to change CSC but i'd like to know too what is my CSC actually.
How can i do to know it?
Thanks
Open your phone app on watch, digit *#1234# and you will know :)

nicebaby

Jan 4, 2008
I have to know the watch csc. So i obtain the phone csc

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Open your phone app on watch, digit *#1234# and you will know :)
In this way i get the phone csc.
How can i get the watch csc?

nicebaby

Jan 4, 2008
Excuse me but typing *#1234* on phone i get only the phone information
To see the watch csc i have to type on watch?

In this way you get watch csc! I have ITV on phone and OXA on watch :D

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Ok. I got it. OXA
What means?

In this way you get watch csc! I have ITV on phone and OXA on watch :D

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

ok, i had to modify csc to XAR so i updated at last firmware version. Now i will try to come back to ITV

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

ok, it's possibile to come back to ITV csc

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Ok. So i modified csc from ITV to XAR
After rebooting and pairing i checked for updates.
I found first a 10Mb firmware (novermber update)
After that i found the new firmware (290 Mb).
Then i had new R760XXU2DSA1 firmware finally!
After all i modified again my csc from XAR to ITV.
Enjoy!

jordiz86

Feb 7, 2013
Don't update. The notifications don't work properly.
Did you activate notifications in Gear app? Here it's all working... Why when someone had a problem have to say things like "don't update"? Try to understand if it's a common problem or it's your side... 5 pages and no one with this problem in a week... ;)

Reactions: truckerdewd

ddeath

Oct 13, 2007
Got the update last Friday. Glad the whatsapp group display is now FINALLY working on the S3 Frontier without needing to purchase any additional software!

maddie01

Feb 5, 2009
New Orleans
Still waiting on the update in the US. Mine is an AT&T LTE version. Though it is no longer on a carrier, since I left AT&T.
I am in US as well with a Verizon LTE S3 Classic... I have AT&T for my phone but am going to Port my phone number over to Verizon as AT&T service seems to be getting worse not better.
Hopefully carriers will get the update out soon... Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cortezproductions
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone