• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung S 5 Kali Repo Nightly Bulds 4.4.4 & 5.x

Would you be interested in hosted nightly nethunter builds for the samsung s 5?

• Yes, I enjoy new toys!

Votes: 20 100.0%
  • It is your time, waste it if you want to.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't clog this forum, let them learn!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

rbgCODE

Mar 2, 2012
Newington
www.webmaxdb.com
Yes, I have been syncing the github repos for the Kali project nethunter, and I understand that not all people know how to compile their own code and make changes, would anyone be interested in me posting the updated flash-able files here so that you can download and use them? I will also be making a fork off their project to try and specialize in the S 5 hardware instead of nexus.

Thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Here is trial # 1 Nethunter on top of kitkat deox thanks to Extreme Syndicate

Multiple 4.4.4 builds

Last edited:

davidhacks

Nov 17, 2013
Port Washigton
Yes

Yes, I have been syncing the github repos for the Kali project nethunter, and I understand that not all people know how to compile their own code and make changes, would anyone be interested in me posting the updated flash-able files here so that you can download and use them? I will also be making a fork off their project to try and specialize in the S 5 hardware instead of nexus.

I have always wanted to use kail apps on our phone

Forgive my ignorance, but just so I'm clear. Are you talking about making the individual apps available or porting the entire ROM over to the S5. If it's the entire ROM, I wouldn't think that the retail version of the Verizon S5 would be able to run it due to the locked bootloader, however the Developer's Edition may be able to. I think it's a pretty awesome idea, I've got Kali installed on a live Flash Drive that I use occasionally, and in fact, I think I still have an old version of BackTrack installed on an old laptop that's laying around. I've never used it as a main computer and only booted up to it when I had a specific need (or just had free time and wanted to sniff around to see what I could find), I mostly use it at work to try to test security features from time to time.

I'll have to read up on project nethunter but are people using it as a daily driver?

rbgCODE

Mar 2, 2012
Newington
www.webmaxdb.com
Forgive my ignorance, but just so I'm clear. Are you talking about making the individual apps available or porting the entire ROM over to the S5. If it's the entire ROM, I wouldn't think that the retail version of the Verizon S5 would be able to run it due to the locked bootloader, however the Developer's Edition may be able to. I think it's a pretty awesome idea, I've got Kali installed on a live Flash Drive that I use occasionally, and in fact, I think I still have an old version of BackTrack installed on an old laptop that's laying around. I've never used it as a main computer and only booted up to it when I had a specific need (or just had free time and wanted to sniff around to see what I could find), I mostly use it at work to try to test security features from time to time.

I'll have to read up on project nethunter but are people using it as a daily driver?

You are correct I would be talking about porting the actual entire project over to run on samsung devices. It already has limited samsung supoprt, it would be a matter of testing it and tuning it, testing it and tuning it, right now I currently have an s5 running Liquid Smooth 4.4.4 with Kali Linux as well as Lolli 5.0.1 with kali, and yes there are some errors and it needs to be modified but if there is enough interest I would have no problem branching off and working on this.

Code:
 - Galaxy S5
# git clone https://github.com/binkybear/KTSGS5.git -b aosp4.4 galaxy_s5
# git clone https://github.com/binkybear/KTSGS5.git -b tw4.4 galaxy_s5_tw
# - Galaxy S4
# git clone https://github.com/binkybear/android_kernel_samsung_jf.git -b cm-11.0 galaxy_s4
# git clone https://github.com/binkybear/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5410.git -b cm-11.0 galaxy_s4_i9500

f_interface_samsung(){
echo ""
echo -e "\e[31m ---- SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 - G900(F/I/M/T/DEV/W8) ---------------------------------------\e[0m"
echo "  [1] Build for Samsung Glaxy S5 G900 with wireless USB support (Android 4.4+)"
echo ""
echo -e "\e[31m ---- SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 - I9500 ------------------------------------------------------\e[0m"
echo "  [2] Build for Samsung Glaxy S4 with wireless USB support (Android 4.4+)"
echo ""
echo "  [0] Exit to Main Menu"
echo ""
echo ""

read -p "Choice: " samsungmenuchoice

case $samsungmenuchoice in

1) d_clear; f_galaxyS5 ;;
2) d_clear; f_galaxyS4_I9500 ;;
0) d_clear; f_interface ;;
*) echo "Incorrect choice..." ;
esac
}

You are correct I would be talking about porting the actual entire project over to run on samsung devices. It already has limited samsung supoprt, it would be a matter of testing it and tuning it, testing it and tuning it, right now I currently have an s5 running Liquid Smooth 4.4.4 with Kali Linux as well as Lolli 5.0.1 with kali, and yes there are some errors and it needs to be modified but if there is enough interest I would have no problem branching off and working on this.

Sounds good, but sadly I won't be able to take advantage of it until someone is able to unlock the bootloader on the Verizon retail model. If you post this in the General S5 thread instead of the Verizon one (you may have, I didn't check), you'll probably get more of a response. Good luck!

On a side note, I downloaded one of the Nexus nethunter Roms and see there are some apk's, a nethunter.apk in particular but I'm guessing these are bound pretty tightly to the kernel and it would be foolish to install it on a ROM other than Kali, is that about right?

Last edited:

rbgCODE

Mar 2, 2012
Newington
www.webmaxdb.com
Sounds good, but sadly I won't be able to take advantage of it until someone is able to unlock the bootloader on the Verizon retail model. If you post this in the General S5 thread instead of the Verizon one (you may have, I didn't check), you'll probably get more of a response. Good luck!

On a side note, I downloaded one of the Nexus nethunter Roms and see there are some apk's, a nethunter.apk in particular but I'm guessing these are bound pretty tightly to the kernel and it would be foolish to install it on a ROM other than Kali, is that about right?
Just so you know, I am building these in linux but I am using them on my verizon stock samsung s5, I have made 4 builds so far, 2 which you flash over 4.4.4 or 5.x and then 2 that include the verizon Roms 4.4.4 and 5.1 with the nethunter project included. I don't have an "unlocked bootloader" as far as I know, and it is working for me.

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Just so you know, I am building these in linux but I am using them on my verizon stock samsung s5, I have made 4 builds so far, 2 which you flash over 4.4.4 or 5.x and then 2 that include the verizon Roms 4.4.4 and 5.1 with the nethunter project included. I don't have an "unlocked bootloader" as far as I know, and it is working for me.

So ur saying ur flashing them with safestrap? If not then ur using twarp or cmw recovery an u would have a unlocked bootloader..just checking...even tho not sure what this 2 projects r :) got links to there sits?

Whhaaaatttttt, are you sure? You mentioned earlier that you running LiquidSmooth and as far as I know you must have an unlocked bootloader to install anything other than a TouchWiz based, Samsung signed Rom. If there's a method around this, please, do tell, but I'd guess you must have a different variant than the retail VZW S5. Does your model number read SM-G900V?

At any rate, if you running nethunter inside of a verizon ROM, I'd be interested in taking a look at it.

rbgCODE

Mar 2, 2012
Newington
www.webmaxdb.com
Lets agree to disagree lol

Whhaaaatttttt, are you sure? You mentioned earlier that you running LiquidSmooth and as far as I know you must have an unlocked bootloader to install anything other than a TouchWiz based, Samsung signed Rom. If there's a method around this, please, do tell, but I'd guess you must have a different variant than the retail VZW S5. Does your model number read SM-G900V?

At any rate, if you running nethunter inside of a verizon ROM, I'd be interested in taking a look at it.

I amsure that I do not have an unlocked bootloader, I am going to take a picture of it right now, but just because a rom usually uses the aroma installer doesnt meaen you cant rebuild and change it. yes right now I can upload files for people to test, phone and everything works and this is basically ow it is going to work.

1. I can post files you flash over your favorite 4.4.4 version, or your favorite lollipop version, or if we can decide on the best roms to use this with, I can build the nethunter right into that rom so it would be a single flash.

Let me get some SS's of what I am running now, I was running LS3.2 before now I dont even know, I flash my phone more often then I change my underwear and I am so dedicated to programming I forget to make it to the potty alot. So think about that.. not to much but yeah. And a thumbs up if you can relate lol.

What would you like to see screenshots of? My upload scren, my status screen or if you would just like to pick your favorite 4.4.4 rom, like bob7 deox which is crazy small and light, then I will just compile them and upload them you can try them yourself. At most I just have to save the changes for the teensy style attacks and I had to make changes to how the wireless chipset responded to a monitor type mode.

Does anyone at all disagree with me using ExtremeSyndicate_v5_Deo_BOB7.zip for the simplicity of the install and I will build the nethunter software right into the flash, so that you can test.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00461

Can someone explain in simple terms what is going on before I get my hopes up? Bc I'm reading we are able to flash custom roms over or retail locked verizon s5s? Or just apks? If we could use custom lollipop roms that would be amazing!!!

xlogix

Nov 20, 2007
PGH, PA
That's not a bad ROM to build it into. That or the oc4 factory by jkruse. Don't forget to ask the Dev first....

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

G

GuestK00461

I amsure that I do not have an unlocked bootloader, I am going to take a picture of it right now, but just because a rom usually uses the aroma installer doesnt meaen you cant rebuild and change it. yes right now I can upload files for people to test, phone and everything works and this is basically ow it is going to work.

1. I can post files you flash over your favorite 4.4.4 version, or your favorite lollipop version, or if we can decide on the best roms to use this with, I can build the nethunter right into that rom so it would be a single flash.

Let me get some SS's of what I am running now, I was running LS3.2 before now I dont even know, I flash my phone more often then I change my underwear and I am so dedicated to programming I forget to make it to the potty alot. So think about that.. not to much but yeah. And a thumbs up if you can relate lol.

What would you like to see screenshots of? My upload scren, my status screen or if you would just like to pick your favorite 4.4.4 rom, like bob7 deox which is crazy small and light, then I will just compile them and upload them you can try them yourself. At most I just have to save the changes for the teensy style attacks and I had to make changes to how the wireless chipset responded to a monitor type mode.

Does anyone at all disagree with me using ExtremeSyndicate_v5_Deo_BOB7.zip for the simplicity of the install and I will build the nethunter software right into the flash, so that you can test.

This sounds amazing if I understand right... We will be able to use custom roms on locked verizon galaxy s5? Just make sure you use a verizon based galaxy rom, but i think the one you mentioned above is good... This sounds amazing and feedback will be incredible from the locked verizon s5 population!

Edit: screen shots would be awesome, and maybe if your about phone section and some few pics of home screen, settings, notification panel.... thanks :)

Last edited:
G

GuestK00461

A lollipop based liquidsmooth rom for our locked phones would be amazing!

Edit: I keep rereading over @rbgCODE 's posts and keep getting more excited! Running a custom lollipop Rom on this device? Holyyyyyy ;)

Last edited:

rbgCODE

Mar 2, 2012
Newington
www.webmaxdb.com
A lollipop based liquidsmooth rom for our locked phones would be amazing!

Edit: I keep rereading over @rbgCODE 's posts and keep getting more excited! Running a custom lollipop Rom on this device? Holyyyyyy ;)

Ok, I have them compiled and tested on my samsung s5, seems to be working well enough for some other people to try, I will be uploading 4 different versions.
  • 4.4.4 Rom with nethunter built in
  • 5.x Rom with nethunter buit in
  • 4.4.4 nethunter flashable file to flash over your favorite kitkat rom
  • 5.x nethunter flashable file to flash over your favorite Lollipop rom

rbgCODE

Mar 2, 2012
Newington
www.webmaxdb.com
This sounds amazing if I understand right... We will be able to use custom roms on locked verizon galaxy s5? Just make sure you use a verizon based galaxy rom, but i think the one you mentioned above is good... This sounds amazing and feedback will be incredible from the locked verizon s5 population!

Edit: screen shots would be awesome, and maybe if your about phone section and some few pics of home screen, settings, notification panel.... thanks :)

Just saw this right now, I will get some screen shots uploaded asap.

rbgCODE

Mar 2, 2012
Newington
www.webmaxdb.com

I modified the liquid smooth repo and removed the aroma installer and made changes for personal use, I will get ahold of them and ask if they would have any problems with me forking off and finalizing a lilli version for handing out, just since it isnt my code just changes I made to it i want to get their permission first.

G

GuestK00461

I modified the liquid smooth repo and removed the aroma installer and made changes for personal use, I will get ahold of them and ask if they would have any problems with me forking off and finalizing a lilli version for handing out, just since it isnt my code just changes I made to it i want to get their permission first.

That would be amazing! You would get so much love from the community for that! That's awesome dude!

Edit: and just to make sure, we would get all the features like the Google looking aosp notification panel pull down and all that stuff?

Also, how did you flash the rom? Through safestrap or flashfire?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to keep you people updated I compiled 3 different versions of the rom 2x4.4.4 and 1xLolli they are uploading right now and it is based on the samsung kernal with kali nethunter, so as soon as they are done uploading I will post the links,

Here is trial # 1 Nethunter on top of kitkat deox thanks to Extreme Syndicate

Multiple 4.4.4 builds
    To install these (I just looked at both of the aliiance files) do you install them as kernels, roms, or do you flash them over roms? The kernel-kali and the update-kali are different sizes, except the kernel-kali is double the size and contains the update one.

The smaller files are if you want to flash over that current rom you are running, otherwise if you want to flash the rom with kali built in, that is why the files are almost double the size. I got the ok from liquid so right now i am working on the port over to install everything and have it working without the aroma installer and then I will have the liquid installer, then liquid with nethunter installed in it as one flash.
    That would be amazing! You would get so much love from the community for that! That's awesome dude!

Edit: and just to make sure, we would get all the features like the Google looking aosp notification panel pull down and all that stuff?

Also, how did you flash the rom? Through safestrap or flashfire?

Yes, all of that would be included, I used safestrap to install it and like I had said as long as liquid is ok with me forking and releasing versions under lolli I am all about that. I have, I know you cant tell from my post count, but used this site for years it is about time I give something back and if it is something people would like then hell all the better.
    Just to keep you people updated I compiled 3 different versions of the rom 2x4.4.4 and 1xLolli they are uploading right now and it is based on the samsung kernal with kali nethunter, so as soon as they are done uploading I will post the links,

All of thee files have finally been uploaded, now compiling and uploadng the lolli versions which will include lolli, MOAR and Alliance

Any other requests?