Samsung S20 FE 5G Canada version - Single Sim. Is it possible to make it Dual Sim?

Search This thread

eljoantonyn

Aug 24, 2017
So, I was gifted a brand new Samsung S20 FE 5G - unlocked but they did not know I still need my old sim to run some banking apps (so - need two sims running). The model number of the phone is SM-G781W which is a single sim model for Canada.

One of my network providers has e-Sim support. So, is it possible to flash the dual network firmware on this S20 FE?

Any comments?

Edit:

The sim tray has some 'ridges' in so as to not allow placing a second sim. May be a simple sim tray swap might work?

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
try looking on eBay for a sim tray. maybe you can flash unlocked US firmware, but don't get your hopes too high.
have Canadian firmware ready if needed.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
I would try U or U1 firmware (can't remember which is the unlocked one) over the international versions. the B firmware is more likely to have frequency differences.

Reactions: eljoantonyn

threehappypenguins

Jan 13, 2014
I also have the SM-G981W Canadian Variant. I just bought it yesterday, knowing that it had a faulty SIM reader slot that can only be replaced by taking apart the phone and resoldering. My newest phone prior to this one is a Galaxy S8, so I didn't know a lot about eSIM and had assumed I could just use eSIM and assumed very, very wrong.

I'm also wondering if I can flash international firmware to enable eSIM (I have no SIM card manager).

osssinator

Jan 2, 2012
Sofia
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
So, I was gifted a brand new Samsung S20 FE 5G - unlocked but they did not know I still need my old sim to run some banking apps (so - need two sims running). The model number of the phone is SM-G781W which is a single sim model for Canada.

One of my network providers has e-Sim support. So, is it possible to flash the dual network firmware on this S20 FE?

Any comments?

Edit:

The sim tray has some 'ridges' in so as to not allow placing a second sim. May be a simple sim tray swap might work?I
I don`t think You need other firmware. If the software detects esim it will just start to appear.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would try U or U1 firmware (can't remember which is the unlocked one) over the international versions. the B firmware is more likely to have frequency differences.