Samsung s20 fe exy Fingerprint scanner not working after motherboard replacement.

Search This thread

Odinsinces3

Jan 26, 2020
I think i found the problem.
The EFS UID and Sensor UID are different.

Is there any way to change my sensor uid?

Thanks allot

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
go back to whoever 'fixed' your phone and tell them they need to sort it for you.
a professional company shouldn't be overlooking this.

Odinsinces3

Jan 26, 2020
Great, i told myself to sort it out :p.

I need to find a way to change efs uid or fingerprint sensor uid. If I can match those id,s it should be working.

I have tried some Id changers but no apk could edit the fingerprint sensor uid...

I hope some professional can help me change it myself.

Just looking for the right tools :)

Odinsinces3

Jan 26, 2020
Great, i told myself to sort it out :p.

I need to find a way to change efs uid or fingerprint sensor uid. If I can match those id,s it should be working.

I have tried some Id changers but no apk could edit the fingerprint sensor uid...

I hope some professional can help me change it myself.

Just looking for the right tools :)
But thanks for the answer! You couldn't know I did it myself :) have a good one

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
But thanks for the answer! You couldn't know I did it myself :) have a good one
LOL, fair point. I'm still thinking that kind of low level flashing is still something a repair shop or better yet a service centre has the equipment and software to perform. it's certainly for semi obvious reasons not something normal users would be allowed access to.

maybe if you know some really diligent phone thieves they might be in a position to help.

Odinsinces3

Jan 26, 2020
LOL, fair point. I'm still thinking that kind of low level flashing is still something a repair shop or better yet a service centre has the equipment and software to perform. it's certainly for semi obvious reasons not something normal users would be allowed access to.

maybe if you know some really diligent phone thieves they might be in a position to help
If you know how to do it please let me know :), i'm not a normal user, I just have no knowledge about this subject.

Last edited:

D0PEY

Jun 21, 2022
Pretty sure if you flash the firmware with Odin (not saving anything by doing a full wipe) that should allow the phone to pair with the sensor again. It's a safety thing so people can't get into your phone by bypassing the fingerprint sensor. Back up your phone and reinstall your phone's firmware. You can find the firmware you need from sammobile.com. Lookup a guide for Odin on youtube, that should help.

Odinsinces3

Jan 26, 2020
Pretty sure if you flash the firmware with Odin (not saving anything by doing a full wipe) that should allow the phone to pair with the sensor again. It's a safety thing so people can't get into your phone by bypassing the fingerprint sensor. Back up your phone and reinstall your phone's firmware. You can find the firmware you need from sammobile.com. Lookup a guide for Odin on youtube, that should help.
UID,s Doesn't match after flashing. Even with pixelexperience its not working.

Odinsinces3

Jan 26, 2020
to be clear: The fingerprint sensor passes all test, got it's own uid but because its a part from another s20 fe it doesn't connect due to mismatch uid. I just need to change the uid and it will connect.

D0PEY

Jun 21, 2022
to be clear: The fingerprint sensor passes all test, got it's own uid but because its a part from another s20 fe it doesn't connect due to mismatch uid. I just need to change the uid and it will connect.
Sorry about that, I have done that on a few Samsung phones with that method before with success so I assumed it would work on that phone as well. I sadly have no idea how you could manually change that UID on the sensor without specialized equipment to read the sensor. If you found a reader that's compatible with it you might be able to edit your uid on it with flashrom.org but that's a long shot if I'm being honest.

Odinsinces3

Jan 26, 2020
Sorry about that, I have done that on a few Samsung phones with that method before with success so I assumed it would work on that phone as well. I sadly have no idea how you could manually change that UID on the sensor without specialized equipment to read the sensor. If you found a reader that's compatible with it you might be able to edit your uid on it with flashrom.org but that's a long shot if I'm being honest.
Hi there Dopey,
Thanks fro response.
I have a hardware programmer.

Do you know where i can find a list with all the components of s20 fe.

I'm feeling we getting there , thank you.

Greetings

D0PEY

Jun 21, 2022
From my experience as a Samsung authorized repair shop, when we get that kind of issue and we have to send it to them they have an adapter that reads the device and allows them to program it via a computer. It's like when you program screens for iPhones. I'm honestly not sure where you would get the reader and even if you have the reader everything could be encrypted so much you wouldn't be able to change it without special software from samsung. I sadly have not programmed one of those yet, so it's not something I can be certain on. If it were me I would order a reader if I can find it (I'll do some research for ya and see if I can locate a 3rd party one) then try to reprogram it.

EDIT: Here is a parts website that sells parts for the s20fe. I use these guys a lot and they have most everything on there. It can act as the list your looking for https://www.mobilesentrix.com/replacement-parts/samsung/galaxy-s-series/galaxy-s20-fe-5g

Last edited:

D0PEY

Jun 21, 2022
Thank you kindly sir!
And what a website it's almost 50% cheaper then aliexpres :)
Very nice :) appreciated!
UPDATE: I could not find a publically available reader for that specific fingerprint scanner, sorry. Although, the fingerprint sensor on MobileSentrix is able to be used on any board (confirmed by replacing one on an s20fe I had laying around in my store). No reprogramming is required. It's an unlocked version that has no UID. I would order that and just replace it. https://www.mobilesentrix.com/fingerprint-sensor-flex-for-samsung-galaxy-s20-fe-5g

Odinsinces3

Jan 26, 2020
Hi Friend,

I think that i used the motherboard of an s20 fe in complete frame and screen of s20 fe 5G. For that reason everything inside was almost exactly the same except 1 model had an extra tiny sensor module with cable wired to a sensor and the s20 fe 5G did not. I think the screen was programmed to work only with the wired sensor and not with the build in motherboard sensor. Even though the scanner is fully functioning and passes all samsung test, It;s just not working because it;s not for s20 fe 5G lol. Very stupid of me but thanks allot for your effort :) and you yet gave me a good site for lcd,s which i was looking for :),, have great sunday!

(ps: i still believe if i was be able to reprogram uid of s20 fe 5g sensor to match uid efs of s20 fe motherboard the 5G fingerprintscanner would work on s20 fe motherboard :). maybe in the future we can try something like this :)

I sold the phone now, customers know about the issue.

Reactions: D0PEY

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From my experience as a Samsung authorized repair shop, when we get that kind of issue and we have to send it to them they have an adapter that reads the device and allows them to program it via a computer. It's like when you program screens for iPhones. I'm honestly not sure where you would get the reader and even if you have the reader everything could be encrypted so much you wouldn't be able to change it without special software from samsung. I sadly have not programmed one of those yet, so it's not something I can be certain on. If it were me I would order a reader if I can find it (I'll do some research for ya and see if I can locate a 3rd party one) then try to reprogram it.

EDIT: Here is a parts website that sells parts for the s20fe. I use these guys a lot and they have most everything on there. It can act as the list your looking for https://www.mobilesentrix.com/replacement-parts/samsung/galaxy-s-series/galaxy-s20-fe-5g
    Thank you kindly sir!
    UPDATE: I could not find a publically available reader for that specific fingerprint scanner, sorry. Although, the fingerprint sensor on MobileSentrix is able to be used on any board (confirmed by replacing one on an s20fe I had laying around in my store). No reprogramming is required. It's an unlocked version that has no UID. I would order that and just replace it. https://www.mobilesentrix.com/fingerprint-sensor-flex-for-samsung-galaxy-s20-fe-5g
    If you know how to do it please let me know :), i'm not a normal user, I just have no knowledge about this subject.
    no I don't know, that's why I'm suggesting a service centre. I am a normal user.
    Thank you kindly sir!
    Hi Friend,

I think that i used the motherboard of an s20 fe in complete frame and screen of s20 fe 5G. For that reason everything inside was almost exactly the same except 1 model had an extra tiny sensor module with cable wired to a sensor and the s20 fe 5G did not. I think the screen was programmed to work only with the wired sensor and not with the build in motherboard sensor. Even though the scanner is fully functioning and passes all samsung test, It;s just not working because it;s not for s20 fe 5G lol. Very stupid of me but thanks allot for your effort :) and you yet gave me a good site for lcd,s which i was looking for :),, have great sunday!

(ps: i still believe if i was be able to reprogram uid of s20 fe 5g sensor to match uid efs of s20 fe motherboard the 5G fingerprintscanner would work on s20 fe motherboard :). maybe in the future we can try something like this :)

I sold the phone now, customers know about the issue.