Samsung s20 ultra exynos heating issue

Search This thread

umair1234

Jun 26, 2009
Hi guys.
Is it just me or everyone is having same problem.
After talking 100 photos ony s20 ultra exynos version, the cpu temp rocketed to 48 degrees and battery temp went to 44, is anybody else experiencing that?
If so any suggestions how to get rid of the problem or atleast make it better?

Regards

gabe_kamphuis

Nov 25, 2010
Hi,
After update G988BXXU3AFTG, Camera Blocks sometimes to operate, after a few shots and video, battery temp is 43 C ,s20 Ultra Exynos 47 C .
before the update, the camera did not freeze and the temperature was 44 degrees max , threw off all the apps I don't use, applied package disable pro, enough memory is free, occasionally it blocks the ability to take photos and gets warm. ..... very warm HOT 47 C, outside temp , was 15 C, in short, S20 Ultra can soon be used as a hand warmer, should there ever be a winter, bad buy of the year!...... ( use internal memory for storage photo's and have a ESim.)

umair1234

Jun 26, 2009
That seems the an issue for everyone then, what region are you? Did you get it checked with samsung service center? Were they any help?

theholyguy

Jul 26, 2005
That seems the an issue for everyone then, what region are you? Did you get it checked with samsung service center? Were they any help?
It's Exynos 990 chronic problem all s20 series have this problems with temperature and power consumption, Samsung keeps doing updates sometimes get better and others get worst.

Europe and India are getting robbed by Samsung they charge the same price for exynos and snapdragon version and exynos customers gets the bull**** mid range SoC [emoji1787]

A best solution to you is try to sell it or get a refund if possible. And try to import a snapdragon version if you are really up to stay with s20 ultra.

I have skipped and if Note 20 comes with exynos bulls@#it I skip again.

Enviado do meu SM-G9650 através do Tapatalk

umair1234

Jun 26, 2009
Well I normally get my phone in uk, and refund would could be the option there, but unfortunately I got this in Asia this time around since I was visiting, and that doesn't seem to be the option now, I guess I ll have to sell it if there is no cure to it, sadly. But I have decided after 8 years not to buy a Samsung ever.

Reactions: theholyguy

theholyguy

Jul 26, 2005
Well I normally get my phone in uk, and refund would could be the option there, but unfortunately I got this in Asia this time around since I was visiting, and that doesn't seem to be the option now, I guess I ll have to sell it if there is no cure to it, sadly. But I have decided after 8 years not to buy a Samsung ever.
With exynos (mongoose cores and Mali GPU) yes , you can forget about buying Samsung flagships.
Next year maybe they change to full arm cortex CPU and AMD GPU and maybe things change.

Until there either you try to import a snapdragon version or you buy other brands, like One Plus, Xiaomi, apple. A lot of choice in the market.

gabe_kamphuis

Nov 25, 2010
the cause of these complaints is the software, if I do a reset or a cache clean wipe, it normally works again around 38 to 39 degrees, sending it to Samsung service makes no sense, due to all kinds of factors, the Samsung is running wild, it is completely arbitrary when the complaints occur, if I do a reset or a wipe cache, it does it "normal". in short, Samsung has screwed it up again, we are waiting for what the fanboys will release in 2020, Exynos S20 Ultra VDF version. (EU)

theholyguy

Jul 26, 2005
the cause of these complaints is the software, if I do a reset or a cache clean wipe, it normally works again around 38 to 39 degrees, sending it to Samsung service makes no sense, due to all kinds of factors, the Samsung is running wild, it is completely arbitrary when the complaints occur, if I do a reset or a wipe cache, it does it "normal". in short, Samsung has screwed it up again, we are waiting for what the fanboys will release in 2020, Exynos S20 Ultra VDF version. (EU)
No, is software but not only software, the architecture of the SoC is horrendous, is hardware problem also, Mali GPU and mongoose CPU are crap comparing with snapdragon. With a optimize software maybe difference and problems where better disguise, but the problems are physical and still there.

Reactions: gabe_kamphuis

umair1234

Jun 26, 2009
The thing is, I am using my old s10 plus too, it's exynos as well, but it still works fine, yes gpu performance might be a problem, but it doesn't get as hot, and works fine with everything.

theholyguy

Jul 26, 2005
The thing is, I am using my old s10 plus too, it's exynos as well, but it still works fine, yes gpu performance might be a problem, but it doesn't get as hot, and works fine with everything.
Is Samsung style [emoji1787] after 1 year or so it finally optimise the firmware and things run more or less well.

But perfomance gap and power management are also hardware problems and will always be there, with optimized firmware maybe less noticeable.

The fact they probably will stick again with snapdragon version of the Note 20 in their own country should mean something and alert the customers in exynos markets.

Reactions: gabe_kamphuis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, is software but not only software, the architecture of the SoC is horrendous, is hardware problem also, Mali GPU and mongoose CPU are crap comparing with snapdragon. With a optimize software maybe difference and problems where better disguise, but the problems are physical and still there.

Is Samsung style [emoji1787] after 1 year or so it finally optimise the firmware and things run more or less well.

But perfomance gap and power management are also hardware problems and will always be there, with optimized firmware maybe less noticeable.

The fact they probably will stick again with snapdragon version of the Note 20 in their own country should mean something and alert the customers in exynos markets.