Samsung s20FE somehow bricked

Search This thread

dehumless

Mar 25, 2016
Hello

my sister's phone somehow broke down. It's not rooted or anything, was use for mainly day to day use. She called me yesterday that her phone randomly resets (like 1x per hour).
I plugged phone to computer, wanted to transfer pictures and "important" data to pc and during the transformation phone closed and I am unable to open it again. I managed to transfer around 60% of pictures but mostly important ones so the loss is not that big.
-phone started "looping" at start screen logo to samsung for like 30minutes. After a while it somehow booted into the system and I tried to do software update. Downloaded the update and then installed it but at some point phone closed down and started looping loading screen again. Since then im unable to boot it into the system....
-I entered recovery mode and did Factory reset. Doesnt help. Wiped cache, doesnt help.
-i know little to nothing about android but my guess is that i somehow bricked the system when i did factory reset just when the phone was updating?

is there any solution to somehow "install" fresh android on the phone via PC? Phone is not rooted but it has activated USB debugging options.

****EDIT***
I was thinking that it could be hardware issue but phone can stay open in recovery mode for hours so I suppose it is software problem?

Phone is still under warranty but i cba dealing with services and would rather fix it myself.

Thank you for any help

dehumless

Mar 25, 2016
Yeah i should've done factory reset while phone was still usable. But I wanted to recover all of the photoa, thats why i tried to do system update first....

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Yeah i should've done factory reset while phone was still usable. But I wanted to recover all of the photoa, thats why i tried to do system update first....
Updates don't help especially in this case where the OS was teeter toddling on the abyss. Safe mode. The first mistake was not having the critical data redundantly backed up. All you can do is learn from the mistakes.

dehumless

Mar 25, 2016
Updates don't help especially in this case where the OS was teeter toddling on the abyss. Safe mode. The first mistake was not having the critical data redundantly backed up. All you can do is learn from the mistakes.
well, right now im trying to find android firmware images and will try to flash them on with Odin later.
But I am sure that i will face several problems on the way :D

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
well, right now im trying to find android firmware images and will try to flash them on with Odin later.
You can use SmartSwitch to do that, but I'm a total novice at flashing Androids and the best method. Pick and use the safest method...
A Samsung Experience center at Best Buy can also do it. They might be able to give you more insight as to why it failed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.