• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Samsung S21 Ultra bought from the USA - help/advice needed

Search This thread

123hugga

Apr 30, 2015
Hi folks , I bought this Samsung S21 Ultra from EBay US ( I wanted the snapdragon version). I’m confused as to the message that I am receiving . I have checked Swappa, checkmend and it is a perfectly clean phone with no issues or anything outstanding . So why would it present me this message ? I’ve been on chat with Xfinity live agent , who have said they can’t just unlock it from the IMEI but they need the account number that it was purchased , the sim/number used associated with the account in order to submit an unlock request . (Person who sell it to me is just a general reseller) . The phone is not stolen or has outstanding finance , so why would it present this issue .

I can’t provide the agent with the details as o don’t have them and I can’t get them . Do I have any options here at all ?

Attachments

• IMG-0475.jpg
    IMG-0475.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 92
  • ddx7bayeomt71.jpg
    ddx7bayeomt71.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 91

Dstu10

Aug 3, 2015
Palm Beach County, FL
You need to contact the seller through ebay and file dispute immediately. The phone is carrier locked. Meaning they have a balance due on the phone or they were to lazy to call xfinity and ask for it to be unlocked or couldn't show proof of purchase. Either way, the phone is useless until xfinity unlocks it.

Reactions: blackhawk

Athaml88

Oct 21, 2021
You can't do anything with it

Simply raise dispute with eBay and get refund.

You can unlock it with third larty but phone will miss some features if unlocked this way it will coat 120$

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
That's just one of the risks associated with purchasing a used device. Disputing it with Ebay or PayPal is the best option at this point.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
That's just one of the risks associated with purchasing a used device. Disputing it with Ebay or PayPal is the best option at this point.
Indeed. I don't like ebay.
A lot of scamming going on in general now.
Best to talk to the vendor on the phone before buying. Ask the right questions and feel them out. Avoid vendors that won't talk by phone.

I paid $800 for a new N10+ Snapdragon 3 weeks ago. Sounds high, but it was a factory sealed box and the 10+ that was in perfect condition. It was worth the extra $200-400. The vendor was easy to contact and seemed trustworthy. The phone arrived 3 days after ordered, free shipping, shipped day of order. Good to their word.

123hugga

Apr 30, 2015
You need to contact the seller through ebay and file dispute immediately. The phone is carrier locked. Meaning they have a balance due on the phone or they were to lazy to call xfinity and ask for it to be unlocked or couldn't show proof of purchase. Either way, the phone is useless until xfinity unlocks it.
I chekced on SWAPPA and CHeckmend but there wasnt anything that showed as any finance owed or any blacklisting or sorts. Im not sure if i have grounds to raise a dispute as the seller said it would only work on xfinity .,Is there anything whatsoever i can do , via rooting etc ?

123hugga

Apr 30, 2015
Indeed. I don't like ebay.
A lot of scamming going on in general now.
Best to talk to the vendor on the phone before buying. Ask the right questions and feel them out. Avoid vendors that won't talk by phone.

I paid $800 for a new N10+ Snapdragon 3 weeks ago. Sounds high, but it was a factory sealed box and the 10+ that was in perfect condition. It was worth the extra $200-400. The vendor was easy to contact and seemed trustworthy. The phone arrived 3 days after ordered, free shipping, shipped day of order. Good to their word.
I chekced on SWAPPA and CHeckmend but there wasnt anything that showed as any finance owed or any blacklisting or sorts. Im not sure if i have grounds to raise a dispute as the seller said it would only work on xfinity .,Is there anything whatsoever i can do , via rooting etc ?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
If bought with a card, call the bank and file a charge back request. The phone must be returned before they can do anything.
If things really go south file a complaint with your state attorney general's office.
That sounds like theft by wire fraud to me, a felony.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.