Accessories Samsung S22 LED Case vs Note 20 LED Case

Search This thread

advocate2

Jun 14, 2011
Vegas
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I upgraded from the Note 20 with LED to the 22 Ultra with LED Case. Changes are good and bad.

1. The case covers to top and bottom of the phone whereas the Note 20 case did not. This offers more protection but makes it a little more difficult to remove the SPen.
2. The LED display is much smaller on the S22 Case.
3. The charge card department re design makes it much easier to pull out a card or license.
4. The cut outs for the lenses on the back means the lenses are recessed and more protected.
Anyone else have thoughts?

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Anecdotal reports of slow downs and lagging that's been attributed to the use of this case. Let us know if you experience this while using your phone and if so remove the case and see if all those issues go away..

SeraphSephiroth

Mar 17, 2013
I h haven't used an LED case since my s7, but I got my s22 ultra yesterday, and I've got a couple of issues.

1) I can't figure out where the option is to turn off auto wake the screen when opened (and auto lock when closed)
2)If I'm playing music, opening the case opens the music playlist instead of going straight to the lock screen. Its quite irritating actually

If those problems are solved I'll be happy

I h haven't used an LED case since my s7, but I got my s22 ultra yesterday, and I've got a couple of issues.

1) I can't figure out where the option is to turn off auto wake the screen when opened (and auto lock when closed)
2)If I'm playing music, opening the case opens the music playlist instead of going straight to the lock screen. Its quite irritating actually

If those problems are solved I'll be happy
In settings, search for accessories. There you'll find your cover and be able to make settings wrt open/Close action.

SeraphSephiroth

Mar 17, 2013
In settings, search for accessories. There you'll find your cover and be able to make settings wrt open/Close action.
Screenshot_20220226-215214_Settings.png

option doko?

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
This cover doesn't interfere with spen? Magnetic?
Samsung has been offering both the LED case and S-view case for years now. I've had both types and have never had any issues with the S pen so it's safe to say they do not use magnets. While I don't know for sure, I believe they use a phone sensor of some type (proximity?) to detect when the cover is opened or closed. I know the LED cover used NFC to transfer the data to the front cover for display. I also believe Samsung has some type of chip/tag embedded in the back of the case to denote it's a Samsung case. You will not find any other non-Samsung case that will make the phone turn on/off when the cover is opened/closed. A great feature which negates the need for the most part to ever touch the power button!

gianoi

Nov 16, 2021
Android Wear
Thanks but the Samsung Smart Clear View Cover has many comments on amazon and also photo that prove spen interference in the middle right area of the phone
I have in the past many led case without interference for note but I'd like to be sure that nothing has changed with s22 ultra in my country are 60 euros that I don't want to throw away

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
Thanks but the Samsung Smart Clear View Cover has many comments on amazon and also photo that prove spen interference in the middle right area of the phone
I have in the past many led case without interference for note but I'd like to be sure that nothing has changed with s22 ultra in my country are 60 euros that I don't want to throw away
I completely understand wanting to verify the case. I referenced an S-view flip cover and you referenced a Smart Clear View cover. I wonder if they are the same? I could not find your referenced case on Amazon nor on Samsung's site - could you provide a link?

hhwong

Jan 31, 2012
also i have a question about this case, how many cards can you actually fit in the slot before it doesnt close?

Ive watched several videos all of them are only slipping 1 single card in there, and one of the video actually says the case does not close if you put a card or even a glass screen protector, anyone can confirm or deny?