Samsung S6 (G920F) - Microusb working only in charging mode.

Search This thread

userROtest

May 24, 2015
Hello,

My phone can be charged though usb , but can't be used to transfer data.
If somebody can help me undestand.

PHONE IS NOT ROOTED

What i've tried:
1. Using all combinations posible with the *#0808# code.
2. Reinstalling another firmware with ODIN - XEF , BTU , etc.
3.Trying another cable/cables
4.Trying connecting to other PCs
5. Tried to connect with ADB in RECOVERY MODE
6. Tried SAFE MODE
7. Tried Debugging mode

I've used USBDeview - small utility that lists all USB devices that currently connected to your computer, as well as all USB devices that you previously used.
THE DEVICE CAN BE DETECTED IN ODIN MODE , TRIED INSTALLING VARIOUS FIRMWARES in DOWNLOAD MODE

Any advice please , post it here.

I'm disperate because i can't understand why it does work in DOWNLOAD MODE .

LINK to imgur /a/zLs1y
i've added a picture with the USB LIST when the PHONE IS IN DOWNLOAD MODE, IMGUR: /c96h9k9

Last edited:

ProtoDeVNan0

Apr 3, 2013
Make sure that You use USB 2.0 port. I had same problem with 3.0 and avoid usb hubs. You can also tap on that "cable charging" and see if it gives You options like:
Charging only
File transfer
MTP
MIDI.

userROtest

May 24, 2015
Make sure that You use USB 2.0 port. I had same problem with 3.0 and avoid usb hubs. You can also tap on that "cable charging" and see if it gives You options like:
Charging only
File transfer
MTP
MIDI.

Hello,

Tried with BOTH USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. Taping on the ""cable charging" does nothing.

Thanks for trying to help :good:

ProtoDeVNan0

Apr 3, 2013
Have You tried doing a factory reset? Odin doesn't always do that unless You will choose a BL file. If nothing will work, don't root etc the phone, just take it to Samsung Repair Center and they will fix it within a week or two. And this way it will be 100% free. Otherwise they would charge You $200+ if it was rooted or knox was tripped.

userROtest

May 24, 2015
Have You tried doing a factory reset? Odin doesn't always do that unless You will choose a BL file. If nothing will work, don't root etc the phone, just take it to Samsung Repair Center and they will fix it within a week or two. And this way it will be 100% free. Otherwise they would charge You $200+ if it was rooted or knox was tripped.

I did a factory reset from recovery. Yes , it may be a hardware problem , but i don't understand why the phone works in DOWNLOAD MODE. Just doesn't make sense.

djm1947

Jan 2, 2012
Tucson
Here is something that worked for me.
Activate Developer options on your phone. To do this go to Settings < About phone < Build number and tap Build number 7 times quickly.

Return to Settings and scroll down to Developer options, tap it and scroll down to USB Configuration. Tap it and you will a number of options. Try taping MTP. If that does not work try long pressing it. If that does not work tap one of the other options such as Midi and then go back and tap MTP.

This should activate the ability to download files and still allow charging.

This worked for me on my Verizon S6.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

userROtest

May 24, 2015
Here is something that worked for me.
Activate Developer options on your phone. To do this go to Settings < About phone < Build number and tap Build number 7 times quickly.

Return to Settings and scroll down to Developer options, tap it and scroll down to USB Configuration. Tap it and you will a number of options. Try taping MTP. If that does not work try long pressing it. If that does not work tap one of the other options such as Midi and then go back and tap MTP.

This should activate the ability to download files and still allow charging.

This worked for me on my Verizon S6.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tried in "Developer menu" with USB debugging ON/OFF and with all the option available in the "USB configuration menu" (MTP,PTP, MIDI, etc)in "Developer menu" .

Tried also using the *#0808# code for USB SETTINGS.

Can't detect the device using a computer , showing nothing in DEVICE manager ,neither the device can't detect any PC showing only "Cable charging" without the "Connected as media device" message.

I really can't understand why it does work in ODIN - DOWNLOAD MODE.

I will try a NAND ERASE , if its still happening , obviously is hardware related.

Last edited:

yadigarim

Jan 1, 2017
Tried in "Developer menu" with USB debugging ON/OFF and with all the option available in the "USB configuration menu" (MTP,PTP, MIDI, etc)in "Developer menu" .

Tried also using the *#0808# code for USB SETTINGS.

Can't detect the device using a computer , showing nothing in DEVICE manager ,neither the device can't detect any PC showing only "Cable charging" without the "Connected as media device" message.

I really can't understand why it does work in ODIN - DOWNLOAD MODE.

I will try a NAND ERASE , if its still happening , obviously is hardware related.
çözüldü mü problem. aynısı bende de oldu

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone