Samsung S6 Refurbished from Ebay- would parts be genuine?

Search This thread

dman777

Sep 5, 2010
I live a frugal life. As much as I like the S7, S6 is a great phone for me and will give me all that I need. I was thinking about buying a refurbished one off of ebay since they are so cheap. What are the chances that screen or other parts may have been replaced with non Samsung genuine parts?

theronlas

May 13, 2014
I live a frugal life. As much as I like the S7, S6 is a great phone for me and will give me all that I need. I was thinking about buying a refurbished one off of ebay since they are so cheap. What are the chances that screen or other parts may have been replaced with non Samsung genuine parts?

Its ebay so who knows...

Zinux

May 17, 2016
It depends on the seller.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 running XtreStoLite 3.3.1 and Hacker Kernel

2skies

Jun 12, 2015
I recently purchased a "seller refurbished" S6 AT&T variant on eBay and, while it looked okay and powered on okay, I ended up returning it for an original but used international variant. I'd echo the suggestion of checking their reputation as well. If authentic hardware and cost are your concerns, I would consider getting a gently used, non-refurb model that offers a return policy.... just in case!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone