Samsung S8 Oreo - Battery Drains FAST

Search This thread

Vagosd

Apr 7, 2018
Well,
After all I'm a lucky guy, because my battery life is great on my G950FD.
I can get an average of 30Hours of working battery!
Please check some details bellow:

NO ROOT
AOD = Off

INFO SW:
OREO 8.0.0
samsung experience = 9.0
baseband = G950FXXU1CRC7
compilation= R16NW.G950FXXU1CRC7
SW service provider = SAOMC_SM-G950F_OXM_BRI_OO_0021
ce0571715ea6234ec0d
BRI/BRI/BRI

security patch = 1 of march 2018

I can't say it's perfect . It's near perfect. From 30 hours standby you got only 2:50 SOT . Your battery curve should be somewhat horizontal (especially with aod off) when on standby but it keeps dropping even without using it . With nougat and this usage I would have 30-35% battery left

Reactions: lamecus

Vagosd

Apr 7, 2018
I noticed that although I installed the update there is that service provider software that remained the same . I think that this is the buggy thing because our problem is SIM card related . The question is , was it supposed to remain the same ? Or it should be updated but it's stuck ?? If we put another carrier SIM it may be unstuck and be fixed ?

Vagosd

Apr 7, 2018
Just went to Samsung service and they told me that they are aware of the problem and we have all to wait for the update fix . It's 3 months now with this bug and it's too bad for a flagship phone . And they want to be competitors with Apple.... Apple fixes this kind of bugs within a week ...

rajone9

Mar 18, 2015
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Just went to Samsung service and they told me that they are aware of the problem and we have all to wait for the update fix . It's 3 months now with this bug and it's too bad for a flagship phone . And they want to be competitors with Apple.... Apple fixes this kind of bugs within a week ...

you can't compare the Android system, which is installed on hundreds of phones to Apple. never

Vagosd

Apr 7, 2018
you can't compare the Android system, which is installed on hundreds of phones to Apple. never

I am not saying about the system . I am saying about samsung support . It's very bad to have such a serious bug and after the 3rd Oreo update not to be fixed ... It's ruining my experience and I don't think at this price I should tolerate it. A big X to Samsung from me .

rajone9

Mar 18, 2015
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
I am not saying about the system . I am saying about samsung support . It's very bad to have such a serious bug and after the 3rd Oreo update not to be fixed ... It's ruining my experience and I don't think at this price I should tolerate it. A big X to Samsung from me .

Android is not Samsung, iOS is Apple, that's the simple difference...

Vagosd

Apr 7, 2018
Android is not Samsung, iOS is Apple, that's the simple difference...
That's true but the bug we are talking is for the S8 not for all androids. And Samsung is responsible for releasing buggy updates . If they cannot meet high software standards they may offer vanilla android one and we will be all happy .

rajone9

Mar 18, 2015
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
That's true but the bug we are talking is for the S8 not for all androids. And Samsung is responsible for releasing buggy updates . If they cannot meet high software standards they may offer vanilla android one and we will be all happy .

not only s8, absolutely.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/battery-drain-after-oreo.739612/
https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/battery-draining-super-fast-after-oreo-8-0-update.750237/
https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/7jktz3/oneplus_5_with_oreo_beta_extreme_battery_drain_by/
https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/7h2j0w/op5_oreo_beta_battery_drain/

just some examples

picaadi

May 21, 2015
Got sick of this oreo update, the battery isnt as good as nougat even with crd7 and also if you set display on wqhd and u use app pair , after that when u hit the multitaskig button there is an animation stuter, i cannot cope with this.

propov

Dec 2, 2008
Frankfurt am Main
And I had problems with batery but now it is better.
Clean cashe in recovery menu
Set Wi Fi to energy saving
Disable Google services in backround
With this now my batery is 15 - 20% better.
With or without Bixby - same.
My soft is CRD7

Vagosd

Apr 7, 2018
And I had problems with batery but now it is better.
Clean cashe in recovery menu
Set Wi Fi to energy saving
Disable Google services in backround
With this now my batery is 15 - 20% better.
With or without Bixby - same.
My soft is CRD7

The fact is that we don't have to disable half of the phones services to enjoy a decent battery life. All those services you disable are not buggy . The bug is in the modem software which keeps the data active even on standby and airplane mode . Try to use your phone disabling 4g , only Wi-Fi. Then the battery is a beast.

rajone9

Mar 18, 2015
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
The fact is that we don't have to disable half of the phones services to enjoy a decent battery life. All those services you disable are not buggy . The bug is in the modem software which keeps the data active even on standby and airplane mode . Try to use your phone disabling 4g , only Wi-Fi. Then the battery is a beast.
for me battery is no good even only WiFi with Oreo compared to Nougat

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Vagosd

Apr 7, 2018
for me battery is no good even only WiFi with Oreo compared to Nougat

You have to disable data form the top bar switch because even on Wi-Fi it consumes battery . The goal is the battery curve to be horizontal during the night . With data off it gets horizontal

Vagosd

Apr 7, 2018
I always disable data when I enable WiFi since when I started to use Android with S3

And with data off and no airplane you get drain ? Mine is not draining with data switch off and WiFi. But in airplane always drains .
By the way data/WiFi alternation was not meant to work like you do . You should have both enabled and device use preferably WiFi when available .

Tiongkia

Oct 5, 2009
Singapore
Mine is ok. Battery is slightly worse than nougat. 1 day usage with 3 to 4 hours of sot. 4G OR WIFI all day long.
No root. All stock. Using bk manager to disable 70% of stock apps and greenify.

Last edited:

Vagosd

Apr 7, 2018
Mine is ok. Battery is slightly worse than nougat. 1 day usage with 3 to 4 hours of sot. 4G OR WIFI all day long.
No root. All stock. Using bk manager to disable 70% of stock apps and greenify.
As we said in previous posts the bug we are referring affects standby times not endurance so much . 3to4 hours is not so ok . I have about the same now but in nougat I was getting 5to6 sot. And after 24 hours I had about 40 % left now I charge every 20hours .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news ! The latest CRED update fixes the battery a lot and no airplane mode drain ! At last after 3 updates and 3 months with battery drain ,they figured out how to fix it .
    Hello !
    I've been s8 for three months and I've never had any particular problems, I've upgraded to CRC7 (second update of Oreo) and I've already got twice the phone with a flat battery:
    last week in the morning I found it at 1% from 35% the night before (during the night only the gsm network was active, everything else off); when in doubt I did a factory data reset by installing only minimal applications (FB, whatsup and little else) and I installed the Accubattery application to monitor the battery.
    Last night put away (active gsm only) at 65% of residual charge and this morning after 10 hours it was 5%: 60% of charge consumed in one night.
    Android does not report any abnormal consumption of any application .... it seems an anomalous battery drain
    I enclose battery data screenshots; is not that the new Oreo update is buggy? or could the battery or the phone power circuit or the radio part that consume excessively might have a problem? Before bringing it to service I wanted your opinion and in case I wanted to try to put back the CRB7 version of Oreo .... how do I do it? do I lose the guarantee in this case?
    i'vre tried with beaming service but clicking three dots top-right corner of app info screen not available for this app : three dots top-right corner are for all the apps
    Do you have a drain simillar to mine ? Help me please !!
    I have the exact same problem as you and many others. I have tried various things to solve it and I concluded on that the modem firmware has a serious bug . airplane mode consumes more battery than on cellular. To make sure we are talking about the same thing please try removing your SIM card and let it all night . By the morning you have to be -2% of the battery . With the SIM inside now you have to drain 15-20% . If thats the case for you , you make sure that its not a faulty device and there is no drain from your setup (like an application draining etc .. in this case factory reset should fix it).
    Cinfirm your findings and lets hope they will release update soon.
    Well,
    After all I'm a lucky guy, because my battery life is great on my G950FD.
    I can get an average of 30Hours of working battery!
    Please check some details bellow:

NO ROOT
    AOD = Off

INFO SW:
    OREO 8.0.0
    samsung experience = 9.0
    baseband = G950FXXU1CRC7
    compilation= R16NW.G950FXXU1CRC7
    SW service provider = SAOMC_SM-G950F_OXM_BRI_OO_0021
    ce0571715ea6234ec0d
    BRI/BRI/BRI

security patch = 1 of march 2018

I can't say it's perfect . It's near perfect. From 30 hours standby you got only 2:50 SOT . Your battery curve should be somewhat horizontal (especially with aod off) when on standby but it keeps dropping even without using it . With nougat and this usage I would have 30-35% battery left
    Guys i had worse baterry on 8.0 ...but now i found the solution, go to the application menu....tap on every app in there , enter the battery menu for each and every app and disable use app in the background..... its incredible, the SOT that i had on nougat its the same on oreo now.....trust me this does give wonder results.....
    This how they make you feel your device needs an upgrade to their latest s9 . Imagine how bad it would be if S8 had better battery life than S9 .... everyone even now would buy S8 for half the price .
    After a ton of messages in forums they were forced to fix the airplane mode but now you need to prove the bug which is more difficult ...

I think someone could try porting the nougat modem/radio package to current build and check for standby drain, if this works. But a root is required and I dont want to root my phone for this.