Samsung S9+ Live Demo Unit (How Can I Flash?)

Search This thread

Cristianeon

May 9, 2014
Hello there!

I have a S9+ Live Demo Unit and I want to remove the retail mode.

I made it with a Note 8 (N950X). It was easy, I installed Odin in my PC, and I installed the non-retail firmware.

Can I do the same in my S9+?

HELP PLEASE!

billa

Mar 30, 2006
Hello there!

I made it with a Note 8 (N950X). It was easy, I installed Odin in my PC, and I installed the non-retail firmware.

HELP PLEASE!

Starting with the S8/Note8, Samsung has removed the baseband chips (actually has never included it in the factory) so even if you manage to flash it with stock firmware, it will never pick up a signal no matter what you do. And no, you can't solder in the baseband chips, they are custom chips and extremely difficult to solder being fine pitched surface mounts.
You best option is to try to flash it with the latest stock firmware, disable the MDM security, and use it on WiFi only.
By the way, the N950"X" version is not even a US Qualcomm model, but an international Exynos based main board, so don't waste your time trying to flash the "U/U1" firmware. Try the international "F" version, but most likely it will only accept the specially modified "X" firmware.

Cristianeon

May 9, 2014
Starting with the S8/Note8, Samsung has removed the baseband chips (actually has never included it in the factory) so even if you manage to flash it with stock firmware, it will never pick up a signal no matter what you do. And no, you can't solder in the baseband chips, they are custom chips and extremely difficult to solder being fine pitched surface mounts.
You best option is to try to flash it with the latest stock firmware, disable the MDM security, and use it on WiFi only.
By the way, the N950"X" version is not even a US Qualcomm model, but an international Exynos based main board, so don't waste your time trying to flash the "U/U1" firmware. Try the international "F" version, but most likely it will only accept the specially modified "X" firmware.

You are wrong. I made It by myself.
I'm Spanish, so I have the Exynos model.
I installed the F Firmware And everything OK.

billa

Mar 30, 2006
You are wrong. I made It by myself.
I'm Spanish, so I have the Exynos model.
I installed the F Firmware And everything OK.

In the US we have the "X" model which I have physically opened up and the baseband chips are missing, while on other models they removed the sim card contacts completely and it's not resolderable. Look they are not dummies, they know exactly what they're doing.
You can clearly see the empty solder pads which normally are populated with chips. So please don't jump to conclusions so fast before checking the facts.

Last edited:

donsaloo

May 17, 2016
Islamabad
I HAVE SAMSUNG S9+ LDU TOO IN PAKISTAN BUT STILL FACING ISSUE TO FLASHING SM-G965X TO SM-G965F PAK FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD FROM UPDATO.COM

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> skip file list for home binary
<ID:0/003> param.bin
<ID:0/003> dqmdbg.img
<ID:0/003> userdata.img
<ID:0/003> Home Binary Download
<ID:0/003> Total Binary size: 4886 M
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sboot.bin
<ID:0/003> up_param.bin
<ID:0/003> cm.bin
<ID:0/003> keystorage.bin
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> system.img

SOFTWARE STILL WORKING ON IT NOTHING GOING ON PAST 20 MINS

FIRMWARE INFO

Country / RegionPakistan
PDAG965FXXU1ARC5
Product Code:pAK
CSCG965FOXM1ARC4
PhoneG965FXXU1ARC4

epicjoss

Apr 22, 2018
Hello there!

HELP PLEASE!

yo tambien trabajo en telefonia movil y tengo un demo s9+ de una promo de samsung. me lo he quedado, consegui flashearlo y ponerle una room stock y quitarle el modo demo.. lo unico que no he podido es hacer que pueda tener una tarjeta sim y tener internet 4g o llamar.. incluso lo rotee pensando que podria asi meterle un imei a la fuerza con las aplicaciones para cambiarlo.. y nada.. no lo he conseguido.. ya no se que mas hacer..

shalomige

Dec 2, 2018
Thanks for your experience. I am stuck with same case. I have been trying to install the F version on the US Galaxy S9+. The greater problem my LDU has is that the date is incorrect and no settings is enabled to allow me make any adjustment. Every necessary settings greyed out. Odin flash attempts all failed and Samsung Kies will always say I should enable USB debugging to even see and recognize my device but that option in developers mode is all greyed out and not allowing enabling. Same thing with factory reset not allowed. What can I do to at least use the Wifi because now it cannot connect due to incorrect date setting still whowing March 2018?

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Thanks for your experience. I am stuck with same case. I have been trying to install the F version on the US Galaxy S9+. The greater problem my LDU has is that the date is incorrect and no settings is enabled to allow me make any adjustment. Every necessary settings greyed out. Odin flash attempts all failed and Samsung Kies will always say I should enable USB debugging to even see and recognize my device but that option in developers mode is all greyed out and not allowing enabling. Same thing with factory reset not allowed. What can I do to at least use the Wifi because now it cannot connect due to incorrect date setting still whowing March 2018?

If you want to factory reset but cannot enter recovery for whatever reason, set up security to wipe your device if the wrong code has been entered 10 times, then enter the wrong code 10 times

shalomige

Dec 2, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S9+

If you want to factory reset but cannot enter recovery for whatever reason, set up security to wipe your device if the wrong code has been entered 10 times, then enter the wrong code 10 times

My problem is that those security settings are not enabled for change as they are greyed out. So I wouldn't even know where to go to set up security to wipe off device. Moreover, I don't usually log on to the phone with code. Are you suggesting I set up code to open the phone screen so that I can enter wrong one or which other code are you referring to? Thank you Sir.

Reactions: Arjomer

Top Liked Posts