Samsung S9+ Live Demo Unit (How Can I Flash?)

Search This thread

Arjomer

Oct 12, 2013
I'm trying to help a friend with his S9 + (SM-G965U) T-MOB and I already flashed it with ODIN with the same SM-G965U Firmware, should I flash with the F version?
EDIT 1. It reboots from odin to recovery mode. E: Failed to mount/data (Invalid argument)

Last edited:

whiteLT

Oct 27, 2013
Hello, I have G960F with demo mode (knox enrollment/configure). I was able to flash successfully but two apps are still being downloaded after setup. Knox enrollment service and KC client apps.

hmada2010_49

Mar 31, 2012
Last edited:

ronii1123

Jun 30, 2010
Massachusetts and stuff
I can help you with this, i have a Note 9 Demo unit and I was able to fix it.

I'd love a hand, I'm in a similar situation with my Galaxy S9. I've been able to flash a combination rom and a blank modem, but any attempts of using something like the ODIN Pie files for the U1 model doesn't work. I don't need the modem or reception which is why I got a demo unit, but I would like to use it again!

Any help would be appreciated.

ruanpatrick

Jan 23, 2019
did you remove the live demo?

Hello there!

I have a S9+ Live Demo Unit and I want to remove the retail mode.

I made it with a Note 8 (N950X). It was easy, I installed Odin in my PC, and I installed the non-retail firmware.

Can I do the same in my S9+?

HELP PLEASE!

were you able to remove the live demo? I am with a s9 wanted to remove this rom, as it comes with lots of memory in use and blocks the use of facial reader, biometrics ... got a way to remove?

cappii

Apr 26, 2010
Williamston, SC
were you able to remove the live demo? I am with a s9 wanted to remove this rom, as it comes with lots of memory in use and blocks the use of facial reader, biometrics ... got a way to remove?

Go into the retail mode app on the device. Look for settings, or administrator, or store log-in It may even prompt you, automatically. The password is a phrase that has something to do with the carrier to which it was assigned. There are sites that carry the list of passwords. Since I'm not sure about the site's rules about the inclusion of such lists, I'll not link to it, but, I will say that it's VERY easily found using Google. I know the Tracfone password off the top of my head, if that happens to be the original carrier for your device. (Tracfone would be PagePlus, Simple Mobile, TracFone, Safelink, Net 10, Total Wireless, GoSmart, Family Mobile, and TelCel.)

Josea197

Jul 20, 2019
Hola amigo oye me podrías alludar

yo tambien trabajo en telefonia movil y tengo un demo s9+ de una promo de samsung. me lo he quedado, consegui flashearlo y ponerle una room stock y quitarle el modo demo.. lo unico que no he podido es hacer que pueda tener una tarjeta sim y tener internet 4g o llamar.. incluso lo rotee pensando que podria asi meterle un imei a la fuerza con las aplicaciones para cambiarlo.. y nada.. no lo he conseguido.. ya no se que mas hacer..

Me podrías alludar amigo como lo flasheaste por que tengo uno igual y le instalo el firmware pero sigue igual gracoas

Youdoofus

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
the "X" models usually dont have cell comms radios in them to prevent theft. I have a S7 and S7 edge demo units and you can flash whatever you want on them, but theyll never get a cell connection by themselves. I wouldnt be shocked if the S9 is the same. But to answer your question, Odin+the 4 files you need to get from sammbile.com/firmwares will get ya running stock non-retail mode firmware

UrtecKKYzO

Jul 30, 2019
Hey i have also s9 plus LDU but can i update ny phone to current latest software or android version pie manually?plz help...

Mar 23, 2015
i would like to know if after flashing the international f firmware, will the phone be able to make calls and accept calls as well?

Youdoofus

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
i would like to know if after flashing the international f firmware, will the phone be able to make calls and accept calls as well?

it is still unknown if the S9's have cell comms radios in them as they previously didnt to help prevent theft. When i was selling phones fairly recently, we had a note 10 demo model that we popped a sim in and it did register a connection, but we couldnt get it to make calls. That was stock firmware tho. All of my other demo units did the exact same thing irrespective of what firmware i flashed on them.

Best thing ive seen for these demo models is that little device you carry along with you that basically makes the S9 a bluetooth receiver, but that requires you to carry and charge 2 devices to be able to use a phone...

Last edited:

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / Mod & RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
yo tambien trabajo en telefonia movil y tengo ..................no lo he conseguido.. ya no se que mas hacer..

Me podrías alludar amigo ....................... pero sigue igual gracoas

Please post in English. If a second language is required, please post it below the English comment as I have done here. Thank you.

Por favor publique en inglés. Si se requiere un segundo idioma, publíquelo debajo del comentario en inglés como lo he hecho aquí. Gracias.

LeonardoD93

Jun 21, 2015
Banja Luka
Hi

Starting with the S8/Note8, Samsung has removed the baseband chips (actually has never included it in the factory) so even if you manage to flash it with stock firmware, it will never pick up a signal no matter what you do. And no, you can't solder in the baseband chips, they are custom chips and extremely difficult to solder being fine pitched surface mounts.
You best option is to try to flash it with the latest stock firmware, disable the MDM security, and use it on WiFi only.
By the way, the N950"X" version is not even a US Qualcomm model, but an international Exynos based main board, so don't waste your time trying to flash the "U/U1" firmware. Try the international "F" version, but most likely it will only accept the specially modified "X" firmware.

i see you talk about Samsung phones, that LDU Units dont have baseband chips, so can you tell me this, i have buy Samsung S10 plus LDU and i flashed it with Stock ROM Android 10, and IMEI shoved all 0000000 and then service made new IMEI and the phone got Mobile Signal???? Even when it was in Demo when i put SIM Card it read it and shows signal but no network and after all this work the phone is like other s10 plus units??

Top Liked Posts