• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Samsung SM-G715A Successful Flash to SM-G715U1 after brick (Guide)

Search This thread

MCCSolutions

Apr 24, 2021
Wanted to share for someone who may have had the same issue as me or is looking to change the device over to the unlocked (non-branded) Firmware.

G715AUCU2ATL4 -TO- G715U1UES7AUB6 (Download states ATL1 but installed it says AUB6) 🤷‍♂️

20210423_230121.jpg

Screenshot_20210423-224220_Settings.jpg

Been forever since I used Odin and dived into the forums but I was trying to unlock and unbranded the phone and maybe root, I bricked mine in Odin with the wrong Firmware.

Turns out the firmware for the 715(A) AT&T locked version isn't anywhere to be found online except a single unlegit pay site.

-First thing to note is the newest Odin version will not work for the phone at all regardless, only the mod/patched version 3.14.1_3b_PatcheD (Other versions produce "odin repartition failed" error.

Put your phone in download mode:

Remove battery and reinstall (unplugged from PC)

Press the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power Button(All 3 on right side) at the same time and it will pop up in download mode almost immediately)

Connect to PC

Doesn't matter if you launch Odin before or after connecting.

Install the Samsung Drivers first before using Odin(Use this link or Google it) :

-Secondly this is the only firmware that will work, ill probably fileshare later, who knows how long it will be available:

Select CSC: ATT

715a flashed.PNG

-Forth, it stayed on the Samsung Boot screen after flashing for a long time(Good 3 minutes), unusually long but everything started up fine after that, and every boot since has been normal. (You'll Note the first sign of the change is the Samsung Logo on boot instead of AT&T)

Screenshot_20210423-224200_Settings.jpg

-Forth, this will downgrade you likely ATL4 Version to ATL1/AUB6(Android 10 vs 11) However first thing I did after setup was check for updates and install, it successfully upgraded to Android 11:

Screenshot_20210423-224047_Software update.jpg

11 Working fine:

Screenshot_20210423-230044_Settings.jpg

Attachments

• Odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: thineownself

ronsolus

Aug 31, 2021
Thanks for sharing, by the way, It is ODIN3-v3.14.1-3B-PatcheD that works for me.

not this odin3-v3-13-1_3b_patched-zip.5158499/
By the way, if anyone wants to keep unlocked, please do not update immediately. I found it hard to unlock bootloader after its version upgraded to 9

Please take this as reference: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/sw-rev-check-fail-bootloader-device-8-binary-6.4035053/

ronsolus

Aug 31, 2021
New updates:
Different CSC of the same version (i.e. G715U1) may have different functions. The point most noteworthy is that XAA did not have a dual sim manager. But ZTO does. (XAA is for the AT&T North America version and ZTO is for the Brazil version of G715U1, all can be downloaded from https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-G715U1)
I had tried to use other versions (i.e. G715FN, combination firmware), but all failed.
Glad it did not go brick.
It is also not possible to use firmware of lower Bit/SW REV.
So hold your upgrade to higher Bit/SW REV. if you want to do some changes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wanted to share for someone who may have had the same issue as me or is looking to change the device over to the unlocked (non-branded) Firmware.

G715AUCU2ATL4 -TO- G715U1UES7AUB6 (Download states ATL1 but installed it says AUB6) 🤷‍♂️

20210423_230121.jpg

Screenshot_20210423-224220_Settings.jpg

Been forever since I used Odin and dived into the forums but I was trying to unlock and unbranded the phone and maybe root, I bricked mine in Odin with the wrong Firmware.

Turns out the firmware for the 715(A) AT&T locked version isn't anywhere to be found online except a single unlegit pay site.

-First thing to note is the newest Odin version will not work for the phone at all regardless, only the mod/patched version 3.14.1_3b_PatcheD (Other versions produce "odin repartition failed" error.

Put your phone in download mode:

Remove battery and reinstall (unplugged from PC)

Press the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power Button(All 3 on right side) at the same time and it will pop up in download mode almost immediately)

Connect to PC

Doesn't matter if you launch Odin before or after connecting.

Install the Samsung Drivers first before using Odin(Use this link or Google it) :

-Secondly this is the only firmware that will work, ill probably fileshare later, who knows how long it will be available:

Select CSC: ATT

715a flashed.PNG

-Forth, it stayed on the Samsung Boot screen after flashing for a long time(Good 3 minutes), unusually long but everything started up fine after that, and every boot since has been normal. (You'll Note the first sign of the change is the Samsung Logo on boot instead of AT&T)

Screenshot_20210423-224200_Settings.jpg

-Forth, this will downgrade you likely ATL4 Version to ATL1/AUB6(Android 10 vs 11) However first thing I did after setup was check for updates and install, it successfully upgraded to Android 11:

Screenshot_20210423-224047_Software update.jpg

11 Working fine:

Screenshot_20210423-230044_Settings.jpg