SAMSUNG T580 Galaxy Tab A firmware T580XXS5CTK1 FRP Lock

Search This thread

Kal-El-77

Mar 17, 2021
Hi All,

I'm really sorry, I'm completely new to all this so hope I'm posting in the right area and explain this issue correctly!

I purchased a dead SAMSUNG T580 Galaxy Tab off ebay and managed to repair the hardware fault which I was pleased about but then encountered the dreaded FRP lock so I still can't use the thing. It's running firmware T580XXS5CTK1 and I've no idea what to do with it now, it's not got the assist option when trying the add network trick, so then I thought I could perhaps use Odin with combination firmware but the only combination firmware I could find even remotely similar was T580XXU5ATD1 which I didn't really expect to work and I was right, the tab just got stuck in a loop and I ended up re-flashing with the T580XXS5CTK1 to get it back to starting correctly.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get rid of this lock please? I only bought the thing as an amusement thing during lockdown but it'd be nice to get it fully functional!

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Hi All,

I'm really sorry, I'm completely new to all this so hope I'm posting in the right area and explain this issue correctly!

I purchased a dead SAMSUNG T580 Galaxy Tab off ebay and managed to repair the hardware fault which I was pleased about but then encountered the dreaded FRP lock so I still can't use the thing. It's running firmware T580XXS5CTK1 and I've no idea what to do with it now, it's not got the assist option when trying the add network trick, so then I thought I could perhaps use Odin with combination firmware but the only combination firmware I could find even remotely similar was T580XXU5ATD1 which I didn't really expect to work and I was right, the tab just got stuck in a loop and I ended up re-flashing with the T580XXS5CTK1 to get it back to starting correctly.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get rid of this lock please? I only bought the thing as an amusement thing during lockdown but it'd be nice to get it fully functional!
    Sorry to say, but FRP is there for a reason. Best to get another device which is unlocked 🤷‍♂️

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone