Samsung Tab A SM-T585 stuck in emergency recovery mode

Search This thread

legend999C2A

Aug 30, 2009
Lisbon
Why doesn't your power button work? How do you turn on the device? :confused:

It doesnt turn on at all! :eek:

The only way the screen shows something is connecting the USB cable. Buttons doesnt work, i even tried the button combination + pluging in the cable to see if it goes to download mode or recovery.

it was a bad update via odin, btw. Everything was ok before the update gone wrong.

Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
It doesnt turn on at all! :eek:

The only way the screen shows something is connecting the USB cable. Buttons doesnt work, i even tried the button combination + pluging in the cable to see if it goes to download mode or recovery.

it was a bad update via odin, btw. Everything was ok before the update gone wrong.
So you're buttons DO work.
You made it appear as you had faulty buttons.

In that case just plug the USB cable in then hold POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN in that order until download mode appears.

legend999C2A

Aug 30, 2009
Lisbon
So you're buttons DO work.
You made it appear as you had faulty buttons.

In that case just plug the USB cable in then hold POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN in that order until download mode appears.

It's pratically the same as OP.

I can get into download mode. but odin doesnt flash the bootloader / firmware, smart switch/Kies doesnt work.

legend999C2A

Aug 30, 2009
Lisbon

Attachments

• Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    100.3 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_20180730_123916.jpg
    IMG_20180730_123916.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 303

Flutterfly

Nov 23, 2011
Lebanon
Any resolution?

I can't get into recovery, only download mode and recovery screen for smart switch
I have a T-580 that is stuck in the error screen and wondered if you were ever able to recover your device? I have attempted reflashing a good 20+ times without success. The device will not boot into recovery mode. Will not power on unless plugged into USB and it immediately says "Error has occurred while updating the device software. Use emergency recovery function in SmartSwitch PC software."
BUT when I open Kies or Smartswitch, even when it recognizes that the device is connected the model never populates the emergency recovery mode list so it will not allow me to recover it.
I attempted to flash back to Marshmallow 6.0.1 and Nougat 7.0 neither will pass.
:confused:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
I have a T-580 that is stuck in the error screen and wondered if you were ever able to recover your device? I have attempted reflashing a good 20+ times without success. The device will not boot into recovery mode. Will not power on unless plugged into USB and it immediately says "Error has occurred while updating the device software. Use emergency recovery function in SmartSwitch PC software."
BUT when I open Kies or Smartswitch, even when it recognizes that the device is connected the model never populates the emergency recovery mode list so it will not allow me to recover it.
I attempted to flash back to Marshmallow 6.0.1 and Nougat 7.0 neither will pass.
:confused:
You need to boot to download mode first then flash the latest firmware with ODIN. Downgrade not possible.

Reactions: Flutterfly

Flutterfly

Nov 23, 2011
Lebanon
Thanks Ashryx

You need to boot to download mode first then flash the latest firmware with ODIN. Downgrade not possible.

Thank you. I was initially just trying to get it to the same state it was but when that didn't work I tried desperate measures. I will download the newest firmwares and re-attempt. :fingers-crossed:

Ryzler13

Sep 15, 2018
The answer T285 Recovery

I spent hours looking for solutions and combinations to make this work, even gave up on it and left the phone sitting around for month, I picked it up again the other day....

This worked for me. T285

Google search and DOWNLOAD:
  1. USB Drivers
    (Samsung USB driver 1.5.27.0)
  2. Firmware
    T285XXS0ARJ3 (Sammobile dot com)
  3. Odin3
    Odin 3.13.1 (odin3.en.lo4d dot com)

Steps:
  1. Install USB Drivers
  2. Open Odin
  3. Plug in your phone
    50% Charge or more
  4. Press Home, Vol Down, Power from the OFF state
    "WARNING A custom OS can cause Critical issues"
    "Volume up to Continue"
  5. Press Volume Up
  6. Check Connection with Odin (top left, Green, Com3)
  7. Load AP and BL Only
  8. Press Start

You're Welcome

I spent hours looking for solutions and combinations to make this work, even gave up on it and left the phone sitting around for month, I picked it up again the other day....

This worked for me. T285

Google search and DOWNLOAD:
  1. USB Drivers
    (Samsung USB driver 1.5.27.0)
  2. Firmware
    T285XXS0ARJ3 (Sammobile dot com)
  3. Odin3
    Odin 3.13.1 (odin3.en.lo4d dot com)

Steps:
  1. Install USB Drivers
  2. Open Odin
  3. Plug in your phone
    50% Charge or more
  4. Press Home, Vol Down, Power from the OFF state
    "WARNING A custom OS can cause Critical issues"
    "Volume up to Continue"
  5. Press Volume Up
  6. Check Connection with Odin (top left, Green, Com3)
  7. Load AP and BL Only
  8. Press Start

You're Welcome

it's not working for me cuz i need PIT file...

cybertorte

May 23, 2009
Hi Guys,

i have same problem. I need the PIT File. Anywhere Idee?

Code:
<ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> Total Binary size: 22 M
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> 
<ID:0/005> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

kratos_4

Aug 12, 2023
FOUR years later AND you're replying to the wrong guy ... trying to increase your post count this way won't end well ... :rolleyes:
I had same problem and fixed after a lot of hit and trial
While in blue error screen press and hold vol down+ power button
When screen turns black hold vol up + vol down
It show's for boot loader unlock screen
Hold vol up and device will go to download option
Use Frp hijacked by haggard soft brick fixer
Device will reboot now probably erasing all data (mine was already erased)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A friend forgot the pattern of his tab A sm-t585 and I tried to flash the 7.0 firmware through odin but odin stopped responding and closed before the flash could complete and now the tab is stuck in emergency recovery (a blue screen with an exclamation mark in a triangle with the message "An error has occurred while updating device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software).

1. I've tried using smart switch software but the tab doesn't show in the list.

2. I tried Kies, and it was the same.

3. I tried older version of Smart Switch and use firmware upgrade and initialization, download was stuck at 69% and the after a period of time changed to 85% and the to 0%, left it overnight and it remained unchanged.

4. I tried odin again, it gave an error (couldn't establish connection)

Pls, is there something I'm missing?

Hi. Check your installed drivers on Windows. Maybe reinstall. Check usb-cable and connection . Maybe need to change. And try Odin again.
    I've installed the drivers and whiles updating the Smart Switch software in installed the drivers again.
    Update: I just tried odin and this is the results:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003> There is no PIT partition.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

What the firmware you flash? BL , AP, CP , CSC - yes?
    All screenshots please.
    We're not able to tell the region which the device is from, but I downloaded this "NEE-T585XXU2BQI9-20171106145036" I think it's UAE. I only loaded AP.

Screenshot attached

Why not all ? Odin settings : ticked checkbox "auto-reboot" and " f.reset-time" yes?
    Thanks for your reply, I'm not able to power on the device at all. It only turns on when I connect the cable so I'll try the "Nand Erase All" option with Odin.

I've checked the "Nand Erase All" option in Odin and from 7:40pm GMT yesterday till now, it's stuck at initialization. Here's the log:

Sorry but in this case your problem have hardware propeties. Perhaps damaged flash memory contacts. Need SC.
    I'm not able to boot into recovery but I've managed to get it into download mode but still stuck at initialization. The samsung service contact is quite expensive (GHS 350) but might be the only option now.
    Post a screen shot of odin when attempting to flash the firmware.
    You may need the PIT file and repartition to repair this device.